Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: 5/26/2013 Cubs at Reds

Re: 5/26/2013 Cubs at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I'm not going to blame Dusty, or Ondrusek, or Parra, or Hoover. I'm going to blame Sundays. Two Sundays in a row now...
    I'm going to blame Ondrusek.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I blame it on me for not watching.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I'm going to blame it on Bob Boone... or the rain... or Rio... or Rijo.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    He pitched Saturday, I'm thinking he might have not felt up to it. If he did pitch him and failed then Dusty is asked why eschew the two fresh arms in the BP?

Sometimes it's the player who chooses if he stays up or not, Logan is in that position currently
    I didn't think LeCure threw that many pitches Saturday. Even if he couldn't go I would have rather seen Hoover in that situation. Ondrusek and Parra were his two worse choices in the bullpen when he could have used at least a couple of others. Heck I would have pitched Simon instead of the two he chose.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

What's it going to take for Dusty to realize Ondrusek is a bad pitcher? No way he should pitch in that situation, especially after giving up a hit and a lefty coming up. The Reds bullpen is a mess. This makes two straight Sundays the Reds bullpen has blown a game they had no business losing.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    What's it going to take for Dusty to realize Ondrusek is a bad pitcher? No way he should pitch in that situation, especially after giving up a hit and a lefty coming up. The Reds bullpen is a mess. This makes two straight Sundays the Reds bullpen has blown a game they had no business losing.
    So wait... he's on the team and can't be trusted to hold a 3 run lead against a team that scores 3.85 runs a game?

Then isn't Walt to blame for putting him on the team?

8. Likes:

Mutaman (05-27-2013),Tom Servo (05-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    So wait... he's on the team and can't be trusted to hold a 3 run lead against a team that scores 3.85 runs a game?

Then isn't Walt to blame for putting him on the team?
    Yep, he shouldn't be on the team. But since he is, he shouldn't be used in key situations. After the single to Castro, IMO, he should have been pulled. Parra stinks too, but I still like his chances against Rizzo better than I do Ondrusek. I don't understand why LeCure didn't start the inning though.

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-27-2013)

There seems to be some cognitive dissonance with some folks who obviously follow this game very closely. Yesterday you write off to "this is a crazy game." The Cubs bullpen hurls shutout, shutdown baseball for innings 5-10 (a not very good bullpen), and the good bullpen can't cover one inning. It's a long season, players fail, 25 men on the roster, they won't all be good....how many of these truths can some not comprehend rather than flailing along with "this guy should never be in a game with x runs lead, Dusty is an idiot" type of nonsense?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

12. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (05-27-2013)

I don't understand why LeCure didn't start the inning though.
    Lecure hasn't pitched on back to back days all seasaon. It appears to go back to the soreness issues hes had in the past. Price has obviously decided to be very conservative with him particularly eary in the year.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I assuming Dusty had a sentimental moment about being a magager of the Cubs is ther eason he brought in Ondrusek and Parra in the 8th. No reason in the world not to have brought in LeCure (unless he's hurt). This one was on Dusty.
    Dusty said before the game he wanted to avoid using Sam, Broxton and Chapman.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Yep, he shouldn't be on the team. But since he is, he shouldn't be used in key situations. After the single to Castro, IMO, he should have been pulled. Parra stinks too, but I still like his chances against Rizzo better than I do Ondrusek. I don't understand why LeCure didn't start the inning though.
    So, 2 outs...3 run lead, Logan gives up a single on a VERY good pitch...and you yank him?!? Sometimes you tip your cap to the hitter. Castro had a good ab there.

I blame the loss squarely on the shoulders of the Cubs. If they had simply quit when down 4-0 or hadn't scored 5 times with two outs, then the Reds would have won. Sometimes you simply have to give credit to a team for winning. We certainly credit the Reds most of the time when they come from behind to win.

17. Likes:

traderumor (05-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Dusty said before the game he wanted to avoid using Sam, Broxton and Chapman.
    Must be something wrong with LeCure then. I don't think he had that many pitches the day before. I don't think Broxton is right either. His speed is down 3 or 4 mph on his fast ball.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

BTW, it was interesting to learn that the Cubs have apparently started paying their players by the hour. Talk about slowwwwwww play. Get in the box and hit.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?