Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jim Kelch no respect for Jinx

Jim Kelch no respect for Jinx

Sometimes I cringe when Kelch is broadcasting. Because he does not believe you can jinx a baseball game he constantly disregards everyone who upholds that baseball tradition. Every Time there is a streak of some kind by a hitter, pitcher or team, he will point it out before the at bat or pitch. If he would wait until the player finished it would make a world of difference. It seems like some producer talks into his headphones and he can't wait to repeat it. He has no regard how annoying it is for someone who beleive you wait until the at bat is over. That is when he should tell if a streak continued or ended. I can't be the only one who is totally frustrated with Jim Kelch. In other areas he is a fine broadcaster but if he will not change he needs to go.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Jinxes are silly and have no baring on reality, the sooner we stop referencing them as facts the smarter everyone in the room will be

4. Likes:

marcshoe (05-28-2013),oneupper (05-29-2013),pahster (06-04-2013),Wonderful Monds (06-03-2013),[deleted] (06-04-2013)

Re: Jim Kelch no respect for Jinx

Quote Originally Posted by deluxreverb View Post
    Sometimes I cringe when Kelch is broadcasting. Because he does not believe you can jinx a baseball game he constantly disregards everyone who upholds that baseball tradition. Every Time there is a streak of some kind by a hitter, pitcher or team, he will point it out before the at bat or pitch. If he would wait until the player finished it would make a world of difference. It seems like some producer talks into his headphones and he can't wait to repeat it. He has no regard how annoying it is for someone who beleive you wait until the at bat is over. That is when he should tell if a streak continued or ended. I can't be the only one who is totally frustrated with Jim Kelch. In other areas he is a fine broadcaster but if he will not change he needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Jinxes are silly and have no baring on reality, the sooner we stop referencing them as facts the smarter everyone in the room will be
    I don't believe in jinxes. It's unlucky to do so.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

7. Likes:

coachpipe (06-04-2013),MillerTime58 (05-28-2013),oneupper (05-29-2013)

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by deluxreverb View Post
    Because he does not believe you can jinx a baseball game
    Um, because you can't?

9. Likes:

marcshoe (05-28-2013),[deleted] (06-04-2013)

Strong first post.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Yeah, I've watched several no hitters and several perfect games where the broadcasters mentioned them and it didn't stop them from happening.

Hell, during Felix Hernandez's perfect game, Dave Sims went out of way to talk about it all game long, just to prove the point that it doesn't matter. And guess what, he still threw it.

Jim Kelch is not going to be fired for not believing in superstitions.

I don't like Kelch, but I really don't think this is a reason why.

For a Level Playing Field

Especially disturbing when Jim Kelch does it on Friday the 13th. And why the heck does he have a black cat in the booth and keep breaking mirrors when the REDS start a rally?

15. Likes:

coachpipe (06-04-2013)

Possibly. Maybe. Kelch changes the aura of the venue when he puts on a jinx. By broadcasting this negative energy it channels into the player and causes them to choke. Maybe?

I've tricked my wife into believing this, because she doesn't know I can rewind my MLB.TV.

17. Likes:

coachpipe (06-04-2013),Wonderful Monds (06-03-2013)

I bet this jerk casually talks about the number 7 around craps tables, too!

Plenty of reasons to dislike Kelch's call, but I'm not seeing this as one of them.

Dude isn't sporting the correct Rally Cap either. Could cost us in the stretch run.

Homer Bailey has a no hit bid going right now...

Turn Off Ads?