Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

Votto the hero, but Leake player of the game.

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-27-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I think it just got away from him. He's been wild most of the inning.
    Perhaps the second one yes...but the first one was intentional. Someone has told him to put a dent in the backstop with that 100 mph cheese. Seen him to it in the Cubs series too. Fear is a hell of a drug

Votto was listening to the telecast? Wait, what lol

Chapman is a clown and he's lucky he doesn't have to bat. He did the same thing last year with Cutch. If that was one of our guys he was throwing at the board would've melted down. There's no place for that in the game, and one of these days he's going to throw at the wrong dude and pay a price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Votto was listening to the telecast? Wait, what lol
    He heard Thom and Chris were waxing intellectual on some gourmet espressos in the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Could be. But he wasn't really wild with the heater....just the breaking ball. I may be wrong, but it certainly looked like a purpose pitch.
    You don't throw a purpose pitch at a guy's head. You don't throw at their head for any reason. He may or may not have meant to go inside, but I seriously doubt he meant to throw it where he did.

I can't defend Chapman for what he did to Swisher. Not only was it stupidly dangerous (he could kill someone doing something like that), but it's also going to lead to Votto or Phillips getting nailed tomorrow (probably Votto).

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    You don't throw a purpose pitch at a guy's head. You don't throw at their head for any reason. He may or may not have meant to go inside, but I seriously doubt he meant to throw it where he did.
    Your 100% right, but judging by Chappy's somersault from a year ago. I doubt he much cares for the written rules

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Chapman is a clown and he's lucky he doesn't have to bat. He did the same thing last year with Cutch. If that was one of our guys he was throwing at the board would've melted down. There's no place for that in the game, and one of these days he's going to throw at the wrong dude and pay a price for it.
    Yet he didn't get warned. He might be a clown, but he's our clown. Maybe that's why he chose Swisher, you know one clown to another.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    You're correct, you don't throw a purpose pitch at a guy's head. But Chapman doesn't care. The guy's attitude sucks. He's immature, unpredictable, and is a general pain in the ass to deal with. I don't condone those actions from other teams, and I'm not going to stick up for him. He's a fool and he's going to get somebody seriously hurt, or get one of our guys hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Yet he didn't get warned. He might be a clown, but he's our clown. Maybe that's why he chose Swisher, you know one clown to another.
    I don't know how he didn't get warned, that's just insane. I'm sure a warning will be issued before tomorrow's game.

I bet Reds Live gets better ratings now

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    You're correct, you don't throw a purpose pitch at a guy's head. But Chapman doesn't care. The guy's attitude sucks. He's immature, unpredictable, and is a general pain in the ass to deal with. I don't condone those actions from other teams, and I'm not going to stick up for him. He's a fool and he's going to get somebody seriously hurt, or get one of our guys hurt.
    Geesh, simmer down, like you're his personal handler responsible for his actions.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Standing in the box against Chapman is scary enough. A ball right at my head, I would just give up at that point. Swisher put some good wood on that next pitch, pretty tough dude.

I don't like it when pitchers throw at a guy. Yet if you stand at the plate staring a guy down, you just might catch one in the ear.

Turn Off Ads?