Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 359

Thread: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

  1. #316
    Member forfreelin04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Zanesville, OH
    Posts
    1,318

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    There is zero excuse to throw a 100 mph fastball at someone's head. if Chapman truly intended to do that, he should be sent down to Dayton until he learns to be a man.
    Haha I love ya JoJo but you always wear this stuff on your sleeve.

    Its a game for kids to play, not a theatrical demonstration of socially acceptable behavior

  2. Likes:

    jimbo (05-27-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #317
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,996

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Haha I love ya JoJo but you always wear this stuff on your sleeve.

    Its a game for kids to play, not a theatrical demonstration of social acceptable behavior
    Kids can't throw bricks at each other's heads. Grown men shouldn't throw baseballs at each other's heads.

    If Chapman truly meant to throw at Swisher, especially at his head, then I am embarrassed by the behavior of one of the guys on the team I root for.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  5. Likes:

    Raisor (05-27-2013)

  6. #318
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    913

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    I know a lot of people are saying he threw at his head, yet let's face it, Chapman is not the most accurate pitcher. I think the first one was on purpose, and I do think the second one was to come inside or maybe hit him. Yet that was a pinpoint pitch if it was meant to be thrown at the guy's head. I wish Chapman could be that accurate on a regular basis. Especially at that speed.

  7. #319
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,491

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    He's representing my team, my city, and my home state. I'm not going to excuse his actions because I root for the team he's on. Carpenter complains about the mound, Redszone doesn't let it go for three years. Chapman tries to kill a guy with a fastball to the temple, and it's ok? He should be suspended by the team for his actions, and I'm dead serious.
    I doubt he was throwing at his head and I seriously doubt he was trying to kill anyone. Chappy's command isn't that good. I have no problems with what happened. You stare a guy down, you get one thrown your way. What would you have him do. Now, I wouldn't have him throw at the head, I doubt anyone would.

  8. #320
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,834

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    He prolly meant to go inside on the 2nd one to send a message, I really hope he wasn't head hunting though. We know his control isn't the greatest, maybe he wanted to buzz him inside and got the ball up. Chapman is just wild enough to scare the bejeesus out of opposing batters, especially if he has his good fastball.

  9. #321
    Wait... What? Vander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    81

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    To anyone saying that they condone what Chapman did, let me ask you this one question: What would you be saying if it had been Chris Carpenter throwing at Votto's head? Would it still be alright with you?

  10. #322
    Member powersackers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    To anyone saying that they condone what Chapman did, let me ask you this one question: What would you be saying if it had been Chris Carpenter throwing at Votto's head? Would it still be alright with you?
    If Votto was dumb enough to ask for it I would have no complaint.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

  11. #323
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,491

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    To anyone saying that they condone what Chapman did, let me ask you this one question: What would you be saying if it had been Chris Carpenter throwing at Votto's head? Would it still be alright with you?
    I doubt Chris Carpenter would be throwing at JV's head, just like I doubt that Chappy was throwing at anyones head. Plus, right now if Carp threw at anyones head it probably wouldn't hurt.

  12. #324
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    10,718

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I doubt Chris Carpenter would be throwing at JV's head, just like I doubt that Chappy was throwing at anyones head. Plus, right now if Carp threw at anyones head it probably wouldn't hurt.
    Yep. If Carp threw at Votto's head, Joey would just catch it and toss it back to him.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  13. #325
    Wait... What? Vander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    81

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I doubt Chris Carpenter would be throwing at JV's head, just like I doubt that Chappy was throwing at anyones head. Plus, right now if Carp threw at anyones head it probably wouldn't hurt.
    That's kind of missing my point, but whatever. And I don't know how you can say it wasn't intentional when Chapman stared Swisher down after the pitch.

  14. #326
    Member forfreelin04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Zanesville, OH
    Posts
    1,318

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Yep. If Carp threw at Votto's head, Joey would just catch it and toss it back to him.
    But before tossing it, he would take a bite out of it.

    Mmmm baseball taste good

  15. #327
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,491

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    That's kind of missing my point, but whatever. And I don't know how you can say it wasn't intentional when Chapman stared Swisher down after the pitch.
    Swish was staring him down, what's he suppose to do pee his pants. Look, I think we can agree to disagree on this 1. Neither of us are changing the others opinion on this. Good day man.

  16. #328
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,670

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    He's representing my team, my city, and my home state. I'm not going to excuse his actions because I root for the team he's on. Carpenter complains about the mound, Redszone doesn't let it go for three years. Chapman tries to kill a guy with a fastball to the temple, and it's ok? He should be suspended by the team for his actions, and I'm dead serious.
    Wow, all based on your assessment of intent. You're overreacting.
    Last edited by traderumor; 05-27-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  17. #329
    Wait... What? Vander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    81

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Swish was staring him down, what's he suppose to do pee his pants. Look, I think we can agree to disagree on this 1. Neither of us are changing the others opinion on this. Good day man.
    I think you've been going back and forth with someone else, but it's cool. If you want to drop it, I'm with you. I'm just going to be pissed if Votto wears one tomorrow because of Chapman.

    But to your point, a purpose pitch after a stare down could very well be warranted... But never at the head. I'm guessing you believe that he was trying to brush him back but didn't intend for it to be up. If that's your belief, then alright. We just flat out disagree...

  18. #330
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,491

    Re: 5/27/2013 Reds v. Indians in the Battle for Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    I think you've been going back and forth with someone else, but it's cool. If you want to drop it, I'm with you. I'm just going to be pissed if Votto wears one tomorrow because of Chapman.

    But to your point, a purpose pitch after a stare down could very well be warranted... But never at the head. I'm guessing you believe that he was trying to brush him back but didn't intend for it to be up. If that's your belief, then alright. We just flat out disagree...
    Yes, I doubt he was going for the head. If he admitted going for the head, that's another story. Just don't think that's the case here.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25