Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Votto and the F bomb

Votto and the F bomb

Ill admit I'm a very competitive guy and have a seriously bad potty mouth, but Vottos constant use of the F bomb is really beginning to drive me nuts. I understand getting frustrated and occasionally dropping one but his job is performed in a public place with thousands of kids that look up to him watching. Maybe try to keep it to yourself or go to the clubhouse and go off. It looks insanely unprofessional.

2. Likes:

Falcon7 (05-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Votto and the F bomb

I've heard him scream it loud enough to hear on TV at least 10 times this year. I'm also really competitive, and I let some salty language fly on the golf course, but never in front of children. I agree it's not very professional.

The game has seen worse, really worse, let's not pretend it's a new fallacy in today's world... lord what about our great grand dads!!

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...o-on-swearing/

Robert Edward Auctions received an 1898 document from the estate of a baseball historian that includes a few cusswords most people thought weren't invented until well into the 20th century.

It's a never before seen one page missive from a National League committee denouncing the use of "obscene language" on the baseball field. Profanity was OK, apparently, but obscenities had gotten out of hand and the document spells out quite vividly some of the offending words used by uncouth players of the day.

The document is so ironic in its unabashed honesty and so shocking for its time some believe it may have been a parody of the attempt by baseball officials like Cincinnati club owner John Brush to eliminate such language. However, REA President Rob Lifson believes it is an actual directive from those in charge of dealing with the proble

I don't like it either, but he is human. I think we tend to forget that at times.

If you're allowed to say it, so is he.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Like I said in the game thread:

Screaming "F" bombs again, he needs to start donating $5k to some kids charity for each one!

Joey "Psycho" Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Like I said in the game thread:

Screaming "F" bombs again, he needs to start donating $5k to some kids charity for each one!

Joey "Psycho" Votto
    Big league curse jar. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    If you're allowed to say it, so is he.
    Just because he's allowed doesn't make it appropriate. I mean if it was now and then I don't care he's a grown man but screaming it 5 times straight then one more in the dugout so loud it TV audible is a bit much. I'm extremely hard to offend with language but consider your audience.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The game has seen worse, really worse, let's not pretend it's a new fallacy in today's world... lord what about our great grand dads!!

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...o-on-swearing/
    It's nothing new but it still doesn't condone it. Sure sometimes one slips and trust me im horrendous for it, but it's like on an every game basis and its not like it's low key and you just see him mouth it. It's screaming and audible enough to be heard on TV cameras 50 to 100 feet away. It's a bit much.

making a big deal over nothing.

13. Likes:

bengalsown (05-28-2013),cumberlandreds (05-28-2013),Cursh14 (05-27-2013),DocRed (05-27-2013),George Anderson (05-27-2013),Krawhitham (05-28-2013),KYRedLeg (05-28-2013),malcontent (05-27-2013),MBZags (05-27-2013),Mutaman (05-27-2013),RedlegJake (05-27-2013),reds1869 (05-27-2013),Revering4Blue (05-28-2013),Spider Tre (05-27-2013),Tom Servo (05-28-2013),westofyou (05-27-2013)

I can't imagine the threads TigersZone would have started about Ty Cobb.

15. Likes:

goreds2 (05-27-2013),LexRedsFan (05-28-2013),Revering4Blue (05-28-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    It is literally just a word. Who cares.

17. Likes:

DocRed (05-27-2013),klw (05-28-2013),malcontent (05-27-2013),RedlegJake (05-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    making a big deal over nothing.
    You want to go trash the clubhouse after an at bat I don't care. Drop one now and then I don't care. Do it on a daily basis at the top of your lungs repeatedly its an issue. They are grown men cussing happens but his is excessive and in a public area in front of tons of kids. If one slips now and then it's not a big deal to me, but there is no place to scream it at the top of your lungs five times if you strike out. I love the competitive fire but there is no need to go ape over a strikeout in the first inning of a game in may.

I must not being paying close enough attention but I haven't noticed. Has he always done it? Like I tell my daughter, you are going to hear bad language I just don't want you using it.

20. Likes:

goreds2 (05-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
    I must not being paying close enough attention but I haven't noticed. Has he always done it? Like I tell my daughter, you are going to hear bad language I just don't want you using it.
    He has always cursed, which btw indo not have an isdue with on a ball field if its occasionally, but this year it seems to be way louder and more excessive.

Turn Off Ads?