Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Votto and the F bomb

Re: Votto and the F bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Ill admit I'm a very competitive guy and have a seriously bad potty mouth, but Vottos constant use of the F bomb is really beginning to drive me nuts. I understand getting frustrated and occasionally dropping one but his job is performed in a public place with thousands of kids that look up to him watching. Maybe try to keep it to yourself or go to the clubhouse and go off. It looks insanely unprofessional.
    I couldn't care less. He's not directing those words at anyone. It's just an exclamation of frustration. I care more about meaning than the actual words used. If you want an example of what I'm talking about, watch the Penn and Teller episode on profanity.

2. Likes:

coachpipe (05-28-2013),jhu1321 (05-29-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Personally I think Joey Votto can do whatever the F he wants to do. Just be glad he is doing it in a Reds uniform and appreciate his greatness

5. Likes:

malcontent (05-27-2013),RedlegJake (05-27-2013)

Big ado about nothing. Really over reaching here for a topic.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Much, much better that he gets some of his frustration out verbally than if he went back to the dugout and threw things or broke his hand punching something.

Dude's on a different planet when it comes to intensity. I love it.
    Last edited by malcontent; 05-27-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

8. Likes:

coachpipe (05-28-2013)

Guess no one cares. F*** this thread then. Hope no one finds that offensive.

10. Likes:

redsrule2500 (05-28-2013),Wonderful Monds (05-28-2013)

The game is on a 7 second delay, maybe FSO should hire competent people

Get upset much just because others disagree? If its your honest feeling about such a subjective topic just agree to disagree. Really no right or wrong here...just each his own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    This is the best point. If Votto screams F*** after striking out, they should be able to dump it, just like every terrestrial radio station does if someone curses on air.

In fact, the FCC could fine FSN for allowing it to air. Not that I agree with that, but it's in the rules.

I hate the FCC as much as the next guy, and I think freedom of speech is paramount, but dropping F bombs on cable TV will get you in trouble.

Seems like Dusty agrees with Old School

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ttos-outburst/

Reds manager Dusty Baker wasn’t happy with Votto’s outburts...

“I’d like to see him temper it a little bit.”
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Nope, "f" away.

16. Likes:

coachpipe (05-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Seems like Dusty agrees with Old School

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ttos-outburst/
    Well Baker agreeing you isn't exactly a compliment.....

.436 wOBA and almost 3 wins before June 1st. It's the ONLY thing that matters. He can run into the stands and scream obscenities in my face for all I care so long as he keeps hitting like that.

Oh. So he is human. Move a long now. Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    I was not aware of that. I wonder why they don't bleep it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Get upset much just because others disagree? If its your honest feeling about such a subjective topic just agree to disagree. Really no right or wrong here...just each his own opinion.
    It was sarcasm. I don't have an issue with profanity. It happens. I have an issue with profanity used loudly in an excessive way in a public place 162 games a year. So I guess because he can hit a baseball he's exempt from showing a little more public decorum. Give me a break.
    Last edited by Old school 1983; 05-28-2013 at 08:55 AM.

It was sarcasm. I don't have an issue with profanity. It happens. I have an issue with profanity used loudly in an excessive way in a public place 162 games a year. So I guess because he can hit a baseball he's exempt from showing a little more public decorum. Give me a break.
    The more I thought about it, the more I started seeing your side of the argument. I think we can all agree, that through the course of 162 games, professional athletes who have spent most of their lives in locker rooms, are going to once in a while pop a few choice words after failing to do something on the field. But there is a point where too much is too much, especially when you have paying customers within ear shot.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

22. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-28-2013)

Turn Off Ads?