Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    That's a clown question bro!!!! Lol
    Well, I'm usually bein' a clown, so I guess that makes sense

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-28-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5/28/2013 Reds vs Injins

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    BTW....just in case people have not noticed...the Reds have EIGHTEEN hits tonight. 18!
    I just noticed when they showed the scoreboard. Wow.

long foul on that one

BTW....just in case people have not noticed...the Reds have EIGHTEEN hits tonight. 18!
    And no HRs

True. But the thing I objected to was that assertion that Bruce's OPS has fallen "year after year".

Disappointing is a subjective opinion. I disagreed with it. Kinda simple IMO.
    If I thought Bruce was a league average player I wouldn't consider his start to the year disappointing. I think Bruce has the talent to be one of the best in the league.

So I guess it depends on your opinion of how talented Bruce is, and how naturally gifted he is. To be honest with you I would consider even a .840 OPS somewhat disappointing for Bruce this year.

I get frustrated with Bruce because I think somewhere in there is a .900 OPS bat.

Yes, I said "disagree" to his "Bruce has had some kind of disappointing year." and I stand by that. Bruce is leading the league in doubles, he's hitting right around .270 (well above his career average), he's got 7 dingers after only getting ONE in the entire first month, he's 2nd on the team in RBI's, 3rd on the team in total bases, 2nd on the team in total hits...and that's WITH 2 pretty hefty slumps mixed in. So yeah, it's not a disappointing year at all.
    Good grief, man, make up your mind. You literally just got done telling me you didn't disagree with that comment and argued that you were not disagreeing to that one. Now you are again saying you do.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger
    Man, Bruce has had some kind of dissapointing year.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_
    Disagree.
    You said you disagreed with Bruce having a disappointing year. I replied:

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus
    You're not disappointed with Bruce having his second-lowest output of his career thus far?
    The key to that statement is "THUS FAR". He started the year in a rut, he's in the midst of one right now. It'll average out over the course of the season. Book it, he'll ops in the mid .800's and hit over 25 hr's.
    Above, you acknowledge that he's in a rut "thus far." So you did agree that, to this point in the year, he's been disappointing but you cushion it by adding you think it will even out.

So I confusingly add that it's clear you do agree he's been disappointing "thus far."

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus
    OK but then the original statement you disagreed with, you didn't actually disagree with. The comment was he's "having" a disappointing season. The comment wasn't a prediction, it was an opinion based on what's happened so far. So you do clearly agree with that sentiment. He is having a bit of a disappointing year right now, and no amount of maybes, ifs or laters will change that... to this point.
    Go back and re-read that original statement again Brutus. You're wrong.
    Now I pointed out that you did indeed disagree with that original statement, and you're back to telling me you disagree with it even though you acknowledged earlier you did agree.

You're contradicting yourself.
    Last edited by Brutus; 05-28-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

No pizza on that one, just a base hit.

i want this to get to Swisher then we should bring Chappy in just to troll them

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Central Update:

Pirates and Tigers no score in the 9th
    Twins and Brewers 4-4 in the 7th
    Cards beat KC 4-1
    Cubs waterlogged.

one more and you boys get ur pizza!

Cubs waterlogged.
    Also, their game was rained out.

14. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (05-28-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

16. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (05-28-2013),NebraskaRed (05-28-2013),ProfessorTofty (05-28-2013),Tony Cloninger (05-28-2013)

Enjoy folks!

And now the crowd can be happy.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    If I thought Bruce was a league average player I wouldn't consider his start to the year disappointing. I think Bruce has the talent to be one of the best in the league.

So I guess it depends on your opinion of how talented Bruce is, and how naturally gifted he is. To be honest with you I would consider even a .840 OPS somewhat disappointing for Bruce this year.

I get frustrated with Bruce because I think somewhere in there is a .900 OPS bat.
    This I agree with completely.

I fully expect him to win an MVP in the very near future.

LOL. Dusty laughing at the Pizza cheer.

Turn Off Ads?