Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 2013 MLB Draft pick discussion thread

Re: 2013 MLB Draft pick discussion thread

The Cubs should take Gray, IMO. He's going to move quickly and be ready within 3 years when they project to start pulling out of the rebuild process. I think Bryant has the chance to take 3-4 years to arrive and still have swing and miss problems like a Brett Jackson. Just take the stud pitcher. Easy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't quite envy the Rox at #3. It's kind of a sloppy mess. I find myself preferring Moran, Frazier, Shipley and Meadows in that order. Just going off the mlb.com profiles, Bryant as a RH 3b likely to move to 1st that has some decent holes in his game to worry about, I don't want that at #3.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Former #27 picks include Vida Blue and Pete Harnisch, and Todd Jones (I forgot he was a Red wasn't he?).
    And Robert Stephenson.

I would be shocked if the Astros do not take Appel

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would be shocked if the Astros do not take Appel
    I would be shocked if they did. Most people have him topping out as a #2 or 3 starter. He is almost ready now for big leagues and is gonna be expensive. Those things do not fit the astros needs very well. They probably prefer higher ceiling guys and can wait 4 or 5 years on. Plus they would rather under spend at the top to save money for over slotting picks later.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I don't quite envy the Rox at #3. It's kind of a sloppy mess. I find myself preferring Moran, Frazier, Shipley and Meadows in that order. Just going off the mlb.com profiles, Bryant as a RH 3b likely to move to 1st that has some decent holes in his game to worry about, I don't want that at #3.
    I love the spot the Rockies are in. Maybe the best of the whole draft. I'd happily take Bryant, Gray or Appel - probably in that order.
    Go BLUE!!!

Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but I don't really like Bryant as a #3 pick. Doesn't really profile as a 1st basemen style top 5 guy.

Here's my thinking with whomever the Reds pick with those first two picks:

1) If it's a bat, then the hitting projection should be no lower than a 6.

2) If it's an arm, I'd like to see a fastball projection of 7, or a 6 with 6 control

I'd still take Billy McKinney if he's there. Yet a pitcher who's rising on my wish list is Jacksonville St. RHP Chris Anderson.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Eric Davis representing the Reds at the draft.

The Rockies have Pedro Astacio. Now there's a club that lacks history.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Is there a list of kids considered eligible for the draft anywhere? I've got a co-worker whose son is pitching well in college. He was drafted by the Blue Jays out of high school last year but elected to go to college instead. Jon Harris, Missouri State.

ETA: http://www.missouristatebears.com/sp...060513aaa.html
    Last edited by foxfire123; 06-06-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Turn Off Ads?