Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Votto f-bombs: Good or bad?

Re: The Votto f-bombs: Good or bad?

I'm willing to come to your house and scream f bombs at your children. For a price.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Not worried about the children stuff, honestly kids curse like sailors without any added provocation already.

I laughed it off in the Sun Deck thread, but I did cringe a little bit before I watched the Deadspin video. Which is not to say I have a problem with cursing, but it was just kind of a strange spot for an outburst.
    Jim Eisenreich approves of this video

4. Likes:

Always Red (05-29-2013),Big Klu (05-29-2013),Wonderful Monds (05-29-2013)

Boys will be boys. You'd be surprised how much they swear when the grown-ups are gone.

Even family-friendly The Sandlot (rated PG) has more "S-Words" than you remember.

6. Likes:

m21eagle45 (05-29-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    There's a spirited discussion going on at another place I post about a recent deadspin.com item. (I won't link to it, since the title is NSFW. It begins with "Let's Listen To Joey Votto Scream...") The video and accompanying text showcases Joey Votto's new habit of screaming a "torrent of" a specific obscenity after at-bats that don't end in him reaching base.

I contend that it's a bad thing. It makes him look self-centered and childish, IMO. It could also drive families with kids away from the ballpark. Imagine having to explain to the 5 year-old you brought to the game what Joey just screamed 3x at the top of his lungs on the way back to the dugout!
    Most posters at the other place are over the moon about it. They consider it a sign of his concern for his performance and commitment to improve.
    Ask Chris Carpenter how he explains stuff to his kids...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'd be the doing the same thing if I played baseball.
    I swear like a sailor. My cat Votto is growing up with a bad daddy

Worth The Wait

I hear all the time "in the real world, you can't get away with that...." In response to athletes behavior.

You know why I love sports? Because it is NOT the real world. Maybe I'm just an immature meathead, but I kinda like that Votto does that. Sure, as a parent it's something I'd rather not like to have to explain, but unless you are sitting in the first few rows around the Reds dugout, it isn't even an issue. I like that baseball is a place where a guy can mess up and shout out on F bomb--- you really can't/shouldn't do that most other places. Sports is a release.

You also can't throw a baseball at your coworkers ribs if he really makes you mad--- lots of things you can do on a baseball field that you can't do in the "real world." And I like it that way.

10. Likes:

M2 (05-29-2013),Revering4Blue (05-29-2013)

This shouldn't bother anyone. These are adults and I don't feel bad for a parent that has to explain to their kids that's a bad word. If a parent won't take a kid to a game because they might hear a cuss word, then the ballpark is a better place without them.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    This shouldn't bother anyone. These are adults and I don't feel bad for a parent that has to explain to their kids that's a bad word. If a parent won't take a kid to a game because they might hear a cuss word, then the ballpark is a better place without them.
    Yeah that's always a buzzkill for me, trying to keep it clean when there's a family sitting nearby.

Doesn't really bother me, but Dusty's not too crazy about it.

“I understand (his frustration),” Baker said after the game, via Cincinnati.com. “I have a son that idolizes him. Sometimes an open display of displeasure is not a good example, whether you come through or not later. Joey is the face of baseball.

“I’d like to see him temper it a little bit.”
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ttos-outburst/
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

14. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (05-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'm willing to come to your house and scream f bombs at your children. For a price.
    ill do it for free

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I wish Joey would start doing this at the end of every one of his ABs regardless of the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    Boys will be boys. You'd be surprised how much they swear when the grown-ups are gone.

Even family-friendly The Sandlot (rated PG) has more "S-Words" than you remember.
    Not just boys. My go to phrase is "Son of a B....!" Usually loudly, and in inappropriate places if I don't actively try and catch myself.

Who gives a f...sorry just had to get to my next post......

POST #666....sorry fellas!!!

20. Likes:

coachpipe (05-29-2013)

thorn

If it's not a big deal, why do we prohibit it here, among adults? Maybe he should use Frack

22. Likes:

drowg14 (05-30-2013),Fil3232 (05-29-2013),Ga_Red (05-29-2013)

Turn Off Ads?