Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why are there so few redheads in MLB?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    It was actually Le Grande Orange. "La" would be used if Staub was a women.
    Ou bien "Le Grand Orange"...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why are there so few redheads in MLB?

I actually had a class when I was in college that discussed red heads. Red hair is actually a mutation, there was a big boom in red heads after Hitler's experiments. Humans are actually evolving to exclude the red headed gene, so there will be less and less people with the true read headed trait. Pretty much it will go back to just those of the Irish decent again like before Hitler's experiments.

Did I miss the Buffy LaCoss picture?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
    I actually had a class when I was in college that discussed red heads. Red hair is actually a mutation, there was a big boom in red heads after Hitler's experiments. Humans are actually evolving to exclude the red headed gene, so there will be less and less people with the true read headed trait. Pretty much it will go back to just those of the Irish decent again like before Hitler's experiments.
    Whoa. This is almost as disturbing as the Ron Robinson photo that began this thread.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

It's true. Redheadedness is a pigment mutation. Some don't have the complete mutation and end up without fair skin, but with reddish blonde or reddish brown hair. I have semi-fair skin (no more or less than my brown haired brother) and blonde hair with a bit of red in it...yes, I'm a daywalker. 1-2% of the population s it. The mutation can be passed down genetically and make you more likely to inherit it or can appear out of nowhere. Certain ethnicities are more susceptible to the mutation than others, but no race is safe. Here's an african kid who has the gene: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4MQz-R-XR0...Of+African.jpg

Red heads are going to go extinct. Which as a partial redhead, I really don't care. Makes no difference to me. The same fate awaits blondes too.

I don't know if red haired folk are less athletic. It is certainly the the rarest of hair colors, with the exception of snow white haired albino folk. I'd guess that if you looked up and down the majors, minors, NFL, college rosters etc, 1% of them have some part of the mutant red hair gene, just like the rest of the population.

And contrary to popular belief, ladies love red haired dudes. Seriously.
    Last edited by joshua; 05-30-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    It's true. Redheadedness is a pigment mutation. Some don't have the complete mutation and end up without fair skin, but with reddish blonde or reddish brown hair.
    Interesting! So it is a genetic mutation, passed down but hardly predictable. I too have blonde/red ("strawberry blonde") hair, for what it's worth, though my complexion is more "traditional" rehead than yours (pale as heck with freckles).

And contrary to popular belief, ladies love red haired dudes. Seriously.
    Not sure whether my fortunes had to do with my hair color, but I'm fine with how they turned out.

Here's a gallery of past and present Redheads in MLB.

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/redhe...all-slideshow/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

So how long before we can add Clint Frazier to the MLB Redheaded League?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Cubbies actually had Jody Davis, Keith Moreland, & Rick Sutcliffe on the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Cubbies actually had Jody Davis, Keith Moreland, & Rick Sutcliffe on the same team.
    Figures. They are the Cubs. Bunch of deviant mutants if you ask me.

14. Likes:

moewan (08-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Figures. They are the Cubs. Bunch of deviant mutants if you ask me.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Nobody seems to have brought up this little detail about the newest addition to the Reds major league club, Curtis Partch, yet.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Nobody seems to have brought up this little detail about the newest addition to the Reds major league club, Curtis Partch, yet.

Big Red!

Turn Off Ads?