Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/29/13 Reds v. Indians - same teams, different ballpark

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Re: 5/29/13 Reds v. Indians - same teams, different ballpark

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    as soon as anything doesn't go perfectly it's an excuse to verbally tar and feather our oft beleaguered manager.
    Nice try, but I said before the game started that DH'ing Hannahan was ludicrous. Actually said it in a post last night after Dusty said he was doing so.

Again, nice try though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

what a lousy ABs in this inning.. i just got to comment now, i was hoping Para would have came in to face Giambi after his very good AB last time up.. game might still be 2-1..

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Nice to have Cingrani ready for next year, so a mistake can't be made with Arroyo like it was made with Larkin and Rolen.
    Really? One bad inning and you come out with this?
    I agree that it's nice to have a young guy waiting in the wings who will be less expensive. Arroyo has had one--count them, one--bad season as a Red and it was injury plagued. He was excellent last year. Aside from a couple innings here and there, he's been exceptional this year. He hasn't missed a start in his life.
    Relax
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-29-2013)

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Oh wait. It's. One. Game. Chill.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Where does using a defensive-minded, offensive-challenged player as a DH rank in the history of idiotic decisions by Dusty?
    That hasn't lost this game. Having the bases loaded and no outs then not scoring a single run killed us tonite. Then the monthly Arroyo blow up didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post

Yeah, no one thinks the sky is falling. The Reds are one hell of a good team.

What some of us are concerned about is our manager continually making decisions that a good high school manager would never make. This might be why Dusty never does well in the postseason. Please find me a reasonable argument for using Jack Hannahan as the DH tonight.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post

Hang on. Screw the one game thing. Are you serious...the sky is falling?!? That's some scary stuff!!! *runs around screaming*

Well, everyone is entitled to be wrong.

I don't care how many MLB games Lutz has played. If you think Jack Hannahan is a better offensive option than him, good for you. I strongly disagree. (As I imagine almost everyone else would.)
    If "almost everyone else" refers to the know-it-alls that nitpick everything the man does despite the best record of any franchise in baseball since Opening Day 2012, then I'll own that.

11. Likes:

OGB (05-29-2013)

Nice try, but I said before the game started that DH'ing Hannahan was ludicrous. Actually said it in a post last night after Dusty said he was doing so.

Again, nice try though.
    "Nice try"? What do you think I have some agenda and I'm out to get you?

In general on this board, people will rip Dusty any time something goes wrong without considering the fact that the decision might have been well thought out or there might have been factors at play that we weren't privy to.
    Congratulations on saying before the game that you didn't like Hannahan as the DH. Jocketty should hire you.
    In the meantime, if you can't concede to the fact that while the decision to play him has yet to bear fruit, that it was a logically made choice, then you just show your true biased colors
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    If "almost everyone else" refers to the know-it-alls that nitpick everything the man does despite the best record of any franchise in baseball since Opening Day 2012, then I'll own that.
    Preach, brother!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    You give credit to Dusty for that record; I'll give credit to Walt Jocketty, Bob Castellini, Bryan Price and Chris Buckley.

I would submit any "average" MLB manager would have the exact same record or better than what Dusty has posted over the last 1.5 years, given the stacked roster he has. We can argue this all day my friend.

What some of us are concerned about is our manager continually making decisions that a good high school manager would never make. This might be why Dusty never does well in the postseason. Please find me a reasonable argument for using Jack Hannahan as the DH tonight.
    Because Hannahan is a member of the team and Dusty would like to get him a few at-bats in this series, but doesn't want to do it against Kazmir tomorrow. That's a perfectly reasonable explanation. You don't like it, but it's still absolutely reasonable.

16. Likes:

OGB (05-29-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Yeah, no one thinks the sky is falling. The Reds are one hell of a good team.

He's a member on the team who has gotten very limited ab's and he's going to be needed going forward. He's also familiar with this stadium. Lastly, nothing says a DH has to be a power hitter. Hannahan can hit. At least as well as the other options.

You may disagree with it (in fact I'm certain that you do) but it IS a reasonable argument.

18. Likes:

OGB (05-29-2013)

You give credit to Dusty for that record; I'll give credit to Walt Jocketty, Bob Castellini, Bryan Price and Chris Buckley.

I would submit any "average" MLB manager would have the exact same record or better than what Dusty has posted over the last 1.5 years, given the stacked roster he has. We can argue this all day my friend. I won't lose.
    I give credit to all those individuals, including Dusty Baker. You don't, because you think you know better.

Also, just so you know, saying "I win" doesn't mean you win an argument. Unless you're five. Are you five? You seem like you might be five.

Also, counselor, please present your exhibits that prove an average manager would have done as well as Dusty since he took the Reds job. I can't WAIT to see this.

Stay frosty, Logan - get yourself a 6-4-3 and let the bats get back to work!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Turn Off Ads?