Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/29/13 Reds v. Indians - same teams, different ballpark

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Re: 5/29/13 Reds v. Indians - same teams, different ballpark

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Where does not having a single hitter on the bench that is preferable to a defensive-minded, offensive-challenged player as a DH rank in the history of idiotic decisions by the front office?
    Meh. There's still far better options than Jack Hannahan on the current roster. Would you not agree? One of them is from Germany.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPitchIsDunn View Post
    Giambi sure has hit the Reds well for coming in at like .150.
    Well, he's not exactly a novice at hitting, Giambi. Lifetime .923 OPS over 19 seasons. If anyone isn't going to be fooled by Arroyo's stuff, it's Giambi.

Nice to have Cingrani ready for next year, so a mistake can't be made with Arroyo like it was made with Larkin and Rolen.

Now the stadium sound guy playing Bro Hymn? We should've swapped sound guys in the Choo-Stubbs deal because theirs seems awesome and ours is putrid.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Where does not having a single hitter on the bench that is preferable to a defensive-minded, offensive-challenged player as a DH rank in the history of idiotic decisions by the front office?
    Yeah, cause I really want a NL team to design their roster for those occasional games where we need a DH.

7. Likes:

Tadasimha (05-29-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Meh. There's still far better options than Jack Hannahan on the current roster. Would you not agree? One of them is from Germany.
    Lutz, Mesoraco both are better options.

It is like pinch hitting for Josh Hamilton with Juan Castro.

9. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (05-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Well, he's not exactly a novice at hitting, Giambi. Lifetime .923 OPS over 19 seasons. If anyone isn't going to be fooled by Arroyo's stuff, it's Giambi.
    Dude's got more grey than I do. LOL.

Hey, I'm not sure if anyone brought up the fact that Hannahan is the DH

12. Likes:

OGB (05-29-2013)

No, I don't. Lutz has played like 20 major league games. Robinson is chaff. Izturis is garbage. The organization has chosen for reasons that befuddle me not to go 3 catchers during interleague so we can use Mesoraco or Hanigan as the DH. At best it's a wash between Hannahan and Lutz.

Every time the team honks a game it's pile on Dusty time. Dusty didn't force Ondrusek to crap his pants last Sunday and Dusty did instruct XP to tap the ball to the pitcher with the bases loaded and no one out.

14. Likes:

OGB (05-29-2013),RedlegJake (05-29-2013)

Just get into that Cleveland bullpen and you never know.

16. Likes:

redsfaninbsg (05-29-2013),Tadasimha (05-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Nice to have Cingrani ready for next year, so a mistake can't be made with Arroyo like it was made with Larkin and Rolen.
    Really? I'd say that every MLB team would consider Bronson to be an asset. He's been pretty darned solid this year (and the last several). No reason to think he won't be fine next year too.

No, I'm not suggesting extending him. But then again, I'm not planning on depending on Cingrani either. I want Leake to fill Bronson's role and Chapman to FINALLY move into the rotation.

How do you figure?

Hannahan has a lifetime .668 OPS in 1719 lifetime PAs. This year .594 in little playing time.

Lutz's OPS is .600 also a small sample. I'm skeptical whether Lutz will ever get 1719 lifetime at bats and would have a .668 OPS if he did.

19. Likes:

OGB (05-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    There's a time and a place for this remark. Now is not it. Bronson has been solid for the past year and a half, and before that as well, excluding his illness-plagued 2011. No need to roll him under the bus in my opinion, he's paid his dues.

21. Likes:

NebraskaRed (05-29-2013),OGB (05-29-2013),Red Raindog (05-29-2013),WVRedsFan (05-29-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-29-2013)

Where does using a defensive-minded, offensive-challenged player as a DH rank in the history of idiotic decisions by Dusty?
    Any consideration for the fact this guy spent the past two years playing in this stadium? I liked the move. It clearly hasn't panned out, but I thought it was well-reasoned.
    Then again, for many of you, as soon as anything doesn't go perfectly it's an excuse to verbally tar and feather our oft beleaguered manager.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

23. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (05-29-2013)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

No, I don't. Lutz has played like 20 major league games.
    Well, everyone is entitled to be wrong.

I don't care how many MLB games Lutz has played. If you think Jack Hannahan is a better offensive option than him, good for you. I strongly disagree. (As I imagine almost everyone else would.)

Turn Off Ads?