Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nice article on Votto & Choo

Nice article on Votto & Choo

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    I think that Votto and Choo are the best hitting combo in all of baseball now.

Last edited by qotsa04; 05-30-2013 at 12:39 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nice article on Votto & Choo

Link doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Link doesnt work.
    It works now.

Link works now.

It'd be an incredible feat for them to both reach base 300 times this year. Choo's recent hitting slump didn't bring down his OBP much (because he still managed a good number of walks) so hopefully he can keep this up through the end of the year. I have no doubt Joey will accomplish this with the way he's been hitting.

Joey also tops MLB with a WAR of 3.4 and Choo is up there with a 1.9.

Does anyone know the last time the Reds had two hitters with such high OBP?

I know Dusty gets annoyed with the high number LOB (as I'm sure many of us do to a certain extent), but OBPs do lead to runs as Vottos league high runs shows. He should also recognize that a great hitter in the 2 hole helps to bring guys in. Cozarts definitely doing better, but a better hitter could at least advance Choo helping bring runs in with Votto's slugging.

"I'm trying to get the most out of myself, and I have decided that this is the way I get the most out of myself. And if people don't like it, that's their decision. But the people that think I'm doing well are the same people that make sure an automobile drives straight and an airplane knows how to land. These are scientists and mathematicians that can figure out some things."
    -- Joey Votto

AWESOME!

Turn Off Ads?