Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Red of the past 20 Years?

Re: Best Red of the past 20 Years?

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Agree with almost all of those. Maybe Taubensee over Oliver at catcher?
    That's a tough call! I'd rate Oliver the better defensive catcher (not by much), and Taub the better offensive catcher. I'd probably go with the Taub too, since they were close on D.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    By Position, here is my All-Reds team of the last 20 years (1993-2013):

Here's a link for help deciding: http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CIN/pos.shtml

C - Oliver
    1B - Votto
    2B - Phillips
    SS - Larkin
    3B - Boone
    LF - Dunn
    CF - Griffey, Jr.
    RF - Bruce

SP - Cueto
    SP - Latos
    SP - Bailey
    SP - Arroyo
    SP - Rijo

CL - Chapman
    BP - Sullivan
    BP - Williamson
    BP - Lecure
    What is most encouraging about your list, is that 4 of the 5 pitchers are on the current rotation. We all know pitching wins in the playoffs. If our bullpen can get out of this rut, and the hitting can pick up a bit, I still like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlownLead View Post
    What is most encouraging about your list, is that 4 of the 5 pitchers are on the current rotation. We all know pitching wins in the playoffs. If our bullpen can get out of this rut, and the hitting can pick up a bit, I still like our chances.
    Baseball is usually a game of streaks. This team is built well and will rebound.

Votto is a F'N joke, he sucks when it really counts! All for 20+ MILLION a year!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlownLead View Post
    On one of our first podcasts we discussed replacing a current starter with any Reds player from the past 20 years. This eliminates any Big Red Machine era guys, along with anyone in their heyday on the 1990 team. I think the obvious choice is Barry Larking to replace Cozart. There was some love for Eric Davis as well, although his best years were prior to 1993. Sean Casey was pretty good, but you're not going to replace Votto with him. [B]What do you guys think?[B]

www.theblownlead.com
    Personally, I think it's a major waist of time and space.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Barry Larkin

Turn Off Ads?