Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: 06/01/13- Redlegs vs. Pirates

Re: 06/01/13- Redlegs vs. Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    No, you were owed it. Thanks for being gracious. A Longhammer to you as well.
    Beer for everyone! It's the weekend, and the Reds won!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Beer for everyone! It's the weekend, and the Reds won!
    Hear hear.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcbuckeye22 View Post
    Yes that's true.
    It seems like the long ST hurt these 2 guys as well. But I do agree that Broxton will always make you think Cordero is out there. Yet he manages to get out of it ....for the most part.

where was this pitching and defense in Cleveland?

The important thing to remember is that the Reds could have lost. (Sad trombone)

part of BBN

Sheldon just posted on twitter, BP to miss sunday and maybe more.

part of BBN

Mark Sheldon‏@m_sheldon5m
    Phillips expected to be out for Sunday's game, possibly longer. More to come soon. #reds

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    The important thing to remember is that the Reds could have lost. (Sad trombone)
    (Signature)

Though I don't post in game threads much anymore, I enjoyed reading this one. Lots of fear and gnashing of teeth. I'd have been right with TheBigLabowski in my fear and loathing. The first run was a gift and Mikie was dong his usual act, being deceptive and getting outs. Their starter was unhittable through thre and then was human, and we still couldn't score. Finally Choo and Votto came through and we had a two-run lead. Sammy did his usual great job and then came Broxton. I'll call him Houdini from now own because first and third with no outs is simply disaster most of the time, but he did it and even though I have no fingernails left, we moved on to the Rocket. He hasn't pitched much so we could expect the worst, but he made it interesting and I had no fingernails. It all turned out well and the Reds won--two in a row over the Bucs. A sweep is now possible with Latos on the mound and Gomez not being all that great (and a righthander to boot). Can I dream? I don't have any more fingernails, so let's hope that is not necessary. No drama, please. And with that I close. May BP heal, may Mat Latos pitch well and please may Choo find his stroke again.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

EMAW

I feel a big ole bench clearer with the Bucs coming soon, hopefully hurdle gets that smirk (losing managers should not have that) off his fake tan face.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Why in the world was Mes swinging 3-1 at all? Let alone that pitch. Jeez. Just not smart baseball there.

Course, Dusty never has his third base coach give the take sign. Never.

Oh well, let's go win this game.
    Btw....this is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about in the other thread.

The pitch was a strike...the closest strike during the entire at bat to being in the middle of the strikezone. It turns out that the count was ACTUALLY 3-2, but even if it was 3-1...the point stands. Don't you want your hitters to look for a pitch to drive? This kind of comment looks to me like you're looking to take a walk. Like that's your goal? Simply don't get that line of thinking. Looking to hit there is, in my book, the very definition of smart baseball.

Turn Off Ads?