Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/02/13 Redlegs v. Peglegs

Re: 6/02/13 Redlegs v. Peglegs

I think there's plenty of blame to go around....
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

2. Likes:

757690 (06-02-2013),Blitz Dorsey (06-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds might want to re-think Cingrani in the minors. I mean, I have nothing against Louisville, nice city, but . . . .
    I hadn't thought about that. It sure would be nice to have another lefty in that bullpen.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Atrocious defense (the worst single-game performance I can remember from the Reds since pre-2010) plus the presence of Jonathan Broxton = Loss.

Let's take our frustrations out on the Rockies. (Who just so happen to be a lot better than anyone predicted.)

Also, at least the Cardinals finally lost.

Dusty needs to get this ridiculous idea out of his head that Broxton is his 8th inning pitcher though. Yeah, he's your 8th-inning pitcher. In 8-run games only.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Something to remember, at the beginning of the series...didn't everybody want to take 2 out of 3? Just sayin'.

7. Likes:

WVRedsFan (06-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Not to pile on but, any time you go 11 innings and your two best relievers on staff don't pitch, something is amiss.
    Whoops. Be careful there. Let's not let intelligent baseball get in the way of a good discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    They scored 4 runs. That is not a lack of offense.
    If you look at the game in terms of momentum, it's not enough offense. You could just feel that the Pirates were going to come back and win this game because they had the momentum.

The amount of games the Reds give away are starting to pile up. Three straight Sundays the Reds have had a multiple run lead with two outs and nobody on base in the 8th, all three have resulted in losses. That Broxton contract, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Something to remember, at the beginning of the series...didn't everybody want to take 2 out of 3? Just sayin'.
    Yes, we did. And then when we won the first two games and were up 4-0 in the third game, for some reason sweep started sounding favorable.

Reds did their usual "score early and sleep" routine. Had chances to score but did not. Broxton is a mess and Simon isn't an elite pitcher at all. No extra runs and you lose. This one is bad because we had the chance to gain on St. Louis and put some distance between us and the Pirates. We didn't do either, so it is an epic fail all around. The bullpen, which is quickly becoming less than stellar as we thought. The defense today was lackluster. Even Latos fell prey to the HR ball. Got to regroup.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    That's true, but after winning the first two and taking an early 4-0 lead in this game, people felt like this was going to be a sweep. People now feel a sense of loss. Close losses like this always feel worse because of it. It's actually a pretty well-known psychological phenomenon.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Time to retire from RZ for the day when it's being argued that 10 consecutive 0s on the board isn't an offensive problem.

Back on the horse Monday.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

15. Likes:

WVRedsFan (06-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    You don't win if you don't score. 0 runs after the 1st inning.
    This team has a terrible habit of tanking games when getting early multiple run leads. Just lack of focus and idk who that's on

Do you guys even watch any baseball outside of the Reds? I mean good god.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

It's easy to say "Aww, one game doesn't matter." And that's actually exactly how I feel the more and more minutes pass from this game's ending.

How-eh-vuh ...

We're all going to be remembering these collapses two Sundays in a row (and some of the other ones we've had already this year) if we end up not winning the division by one or two games. Or if we flat-out miss the playoffs by one game. If you've been paying attention around MLB, it seems a lot more races have come down to the final games of the season in recent years. Not the final weeks, the final games. We can't keep blowing games like this where we have a commanding lead late, especially with supposedly a great bullpen.

But again, when the game goes 11 innings and Chapman and LeCure BOTH don't pitch, that's almost unfathomable. (Only included the word "almost" because we are talking about Dusty here.) I think Dusty manages the clubhouse well and the media too. That's important. But a lot of his baseball decisions are just head-scratchers. Just read literally ANY story about Dusty from BP, BA, etc, ... they all say the same thing. They all say he's a bad manager. I think a lot of Reds fans have wanted to bury their head in the sand about this issue. Could ALL the experts be wrong? And I'm not exaggerating. All the respected guys in the biz (guys at BP, BA, etc) think Dusty struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Do you guys even watch any baseball outside of the Reds? I mean good god.
    I could be wrong, but I think you get just as mad as anyone after Reds' losses, but instead of critiquing the players/Dusty, etc, you lash out at Reds fans here on this message board. You come across quite condescending. Like "How can you silly people have these absurd comments?"

Not sure if you were intending to come across that way, but that's just my opinion.

Turn Off Ads?