Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: the Difference between Reds and Cardinals

Re: the Difference between Reds and Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Alright, let me just step in and put out the word:

If you are a Cardinals fan and you're coming here for no other reason than to start crap, I'd like to invite you to get a life and take your act elsewhere. For a fan base with 11 titles you sure are an insecure bunch.

If you're coming to actually discuss baseball like adults, you're more than welcome. But if you make it clear you're just here to be annoying and childish, I'll bounce you right back out of here faster than you came. Seriously - enough is enough.

Wow. That came out of nowhere. I don't think any Cardinals fans have started any trouble that I've seen... not that I'm here all the time.

I would argue the reason many of us end up posting is we came to lurk and found so many threads about our team.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I've never been to another MLB team's message board. I don't get why fans of other teams come here.

4. Likes:

foxfire123 (06-06-2013)

The reason that you don't see many Cardinals fans who have started trouble is because they are often quickly banned because they abrasively troll and bother posters. This has been a problem for about 2.5 seasons now.

We have some very productive members of this site who are Cardinals fans. They find a way to discuss their team like adults. I recommend all Cardinals fans who join the site to do the same, because trolling and baiting isn't going to be tolerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Interesting. I suppose I've missed any of the issues, then. I haven't seen any trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Interesting. I suppose I've missed any of the issues, then. I haven't seen any trolling.
    Enjoy...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101491

1. I personally wouldn't start a thread here, as I realize this is your forum. That said, it is an open forum on the free world wide web.

2. The only trolling post was the one with teh Ed McMahon picture. And honestly, it really wasn't all that bad.

3. If you think that's serious trolling, you all have way too thin of skin.

I've stayed at this site because I find the conversation interesting; I like seeing what "the competition" has to say. Though, I would like to reiterate how I came here: One of your own decide to seriously troll a St. Louis-based site. I forget what his handle is here, but he spent a month starting threads about how the Cardinals suck, the Reds were awesome, blah, blah, blah. So, no one is innocent of boorish behavior -- to those who question why we're here (St. Louis fans). You have fans that do it as well.

9. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

1. I personally wouldn't start a thread here, as I realize this is your forum. That said, it is an open forum on the free world wide web.

2. The only trolling post was the one with teh Ed McMahon picture. And honestly, it really wasn't all that bad.

3. If you think that's serious trolling, you all have way too thin of skin.

I've stayed at this site because I find the conversation interesting; I like seeing what "the competition" has to say. Though, I would like to reiterate how I came here: One of your own decide to seriously troll a St. Louis-based site. I forget what his handle is here, but he spent a month starting threads about how the Cardinals suck, the Reds were awesome, blah, blah, blah. So, no one is innocent of boorish behavior -- to those who question why we're here (St. Louis fans). You have fans that do it as well.
    Don't know if it's really trolling, but I do know it's arrogant nonsense, which I don't think was a good way to pretend to create discourse of any type that doesn't lean towards sports guy machismo, which is weak and childish at best

Fair enough, but there's more than enough that comes from Reds fans, which is directed towards the Cardinals and/or our fans. Need proof? Read the rest of that thread.

But like I said in the "Yadi is a baby" thread, it's your site. Your fans maintain it. You get special treatment. It's understandable.

12. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

Fair enough, but there's more than enough that comes from Reds fans, which is directed towards the Cardinals and/or our fans. Need proof? Read the rest of that thread.

But like I said in the "Yadi is a baby" thread, it's your site. Your fans maintain it. You get special treatment. It's understandable.
    Oh, no saints here either I know that.

I'm a baseball fan, I respect the game and the players over provincial rivalries, most baseball fans act like football fans when they type on a chat board.

I loath football fans

Essentially what it comes down is that this forum finds any opinion that does not mimic the leaders of this site as a type of trolling. There is little appreciation for thoughtful or candid opinion that does not replicate local sports talk. Furthermore, Cincinnati fans have been stuck in 1976 for 37 years now, and have regressed as a sports town... most here do not embrace winning and champions, but loathe them and find faults in the best players or teams. Even their own teams, Cincinnatians do not know how to truly appreciate them, especially their star players. Cincinnati fans expect above hall of fame standards for their players, and expect that player to perform that way for entire seasons and careers, and if they do not, or if they slump, then they are bums. It really is depressing.

Don Cameron
    Cincinnati fan since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cameron View Post
    Essentially what it comes down is that this forum finds any opinion that does not mimic the leaders of this site as a type of trolling. There is little appreciation for thoughtful or candid opinion that does not replicate local sports talk. Furthermore, Cincinnati fans have been stuck in 1976 for 37 years now, and have regressed as a sports town... most here do not embrace winning and champions, but loathe them and find faults in the best players or teams. Even their own teams, Cincinnatians do not know how to truly appreciate them, especially their star players. Cincinnati fans expect above hall of fame standards for their players, and expect that player to perform that way for entire seasons and careers, and if they do not, or if they slump, then they are bums. It really is depressing.

Don Cameron
    1976 the Reds best year in attendance... I believe some Reds fans haven't been downtown since then.

Oh, no saints here either I know that.

I'm a baseball fan, I respect the game and the players over provincial rivalries, most baseball fans act like football fans when they type on a chat board.

I loath football fans
    Very true. Some people get my blood pressure up over here, but I choose to hold my tongue, as I'm a visitor.

Definitely looking forward to this weekend's series. I feel like the Reds have a distinct advantage in that the Cardinals look a bit flat. They had a long west coast swing followed up by some home games with long, long weather delays. The boys look like they need an off day with one not coming until after our weekend set.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cameron View Post

Don Cameron

That's some biting commentary.

I will say this: I understand the dislike and downright hatred by some Reds fans towards Cards fans... or even their own team. You guys have been a repressed bunch for far too many years, given you're a historic baseball town. Unless you're an tOSU fan, you haven't had much to get excited about.

18. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

As far as tOSU, many Cincinnatians dislike OSU. You cannot even get a clear radio feed for OSU games on the radio here... we get to listen to UK football... UofL football...Nowhere elsr on the state of Ohio is OSU shunned than Cincinnati... and when OSU is brought up, everyone points to the UC team that beat them in the 1960's. I joke with some of my friends that OSU is too good for Cincinnati sports fans, they don't lose nearly enough so there is nothing to complain about. Most Cincinnati fans claim the Reds as the team of the1970's, though they played in four world series, The A's won three, and the Yankees and Pirates, like the Reds won two series as well.

Cincinnati fans are a strange cynical creature. Baker has won over 1600 games but Cincinnati faithful would take Pinella over him. The Reds are on pace to win over 90 games this year, have their best overall team since the 1970's... and that is not enough for this town to appreciate them.

Don Cameron
    A man who likes cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Alright, let me just step in and put out the word:

If you are a Cardinals fan and you're coming here for no other reason than to start crap, I'd like to invite you to get a life and take your act elsewhere. For a fan base with 11 titles you sure are an insecure bunch.

If you're coming to actually discuss baseball like adults, you're more than welcome. But if you make it clear you're just here to be annoying and childish, I'll bounce you right back out of here faster than you came. Seriously - enough is enough.
    One of them is trying to cause trouble: http://www.tippingpitchers.com

Turn Off Ads?