Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: the Difference between Reds and Cardinals

Re: the Difference between Reds and Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Wow. That came out of nowhere. I don't think any Cardinals fans have started any trouble that I've seen... not that I'm here all the time.

I would argue the reason many of us end up posting is we came to lurk and found so many threads about our team.
    Again, check this site: http://www.tippingpitchers.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 4thand1 View Post
    As it's been said before, RedsZone mods cannot control what members post on other boards. They can, and do pretty well, control what happens here. If the fans of ANY other team want to come here and cause trouble, then they'll be dealt with. If they want to come over here, behave like adults, and have legitimate *baseball* conversations, then that's fine. If they want to gloat, snark and goad, then they can just. GO. AWAY.

I don't go to other team's boards since frankly, I don't want to. I have no interest in seeing what the Cardinals fans are saying about the Reds. I don't care what the Cubs fans are saying. Etc. I come here for the camaraderie of fans of MY team.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thand1 View Post
    If someone does something on another site it has nothing to do with this site

Pretty easy summation to come to eh?

5. Likes:

Don Cameron (06-06-2013),LexRedsFan (06-06-2013),RedlegJake (06-10-2013)

Face it, all of us Reds fan's, they are stiil not ready for, "Prime Time".

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Face it, all of us Reds fan's, they are stiil not ready for, "Prime Time".
    That's your option to call it that way, this is a marathon and the season is roughly 37% over. I'll wait and see if someone turns into a pumpkin or not

8. Likes:

RedlegJake (06-08-2013),remdog (06-08-2013)

I know there has always been Cardinal fans on here, but I believe it's getting worse.

Not the Cards fans on here that bug me but the "give up" Reds "fans"...

11. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (06-09-2013)

Another which I know someone else has probably said on this thread already is; the Cardinals get all of the calls. The inconsistency of the strike zone in that first game on Friday night was horrendous. I can't bear to watch the Cardinals and their whiny, temper tantrum throwing childish behavior. It is no surprise that they get all the breaks.
    Do not fear or fret Reds fans they will not play above their heads all year, eventually reality will set in. If we can stay within a few games we will be in position to move ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    Another which I know someone else has probably said on this thread already is; the Cardinals get all of the calls. The inconsistency of the strike zone in that first game on Friday night was horrendous. I can't bear to watch the Cardinals and their whiny, temper tantrum throwing childish behavior. It is no surprise that they get all the breaks.
    Do not fear or fret Reds fans they will not play above their heads all year, eventually reality will set in. If we can stay within a few games we will be in position to move ahead of them.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcomo View Post
    Lol.
    Only a cards fan would say lol with 9 posts. Hadn't been on this board in a while, but I thought trolling was frowned upon on here.

Only a cards fan would say lol with 9 posts. Hadn't been on this board in a while, but I thought trolling was frowned upon on here.
    Lol is not trolling. Frankly I did laugh when I read the Cards "get all the calls" and they get "all the breaks"....that's laughable even to this old lifetime Reds fan. When you say things like that who is doing the whining?

16. Likes:

kfm (06-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Lol is not trolling. Frankly I did laugh when I read the Cards "get all the calls" and they get "all the breaks"....that's laughable even to this old lifetime Reds fan. When you say things like that who is doing the whining?
    Good post. Both teams get their fair share of blown calls. It just always seems like your team is always getting the shaft. People tend to remember the times they were screwed rather than the times they got a gift. It's human nature.

18. Likes:

kfm (06-10-2013)

I'm curious about the whiny Cards. A few years ago, TLR complained about everything, so it's obvious how they earned that. Now.... There doesn't seem to be any personalities on the team to really draw any ire. Matheny, as far as I've seen, hasn't been in post game interviews making excuses or deflecting. He seems to stick to a predictable script of praising pitching and hitting for wins, and expressing disappointment for tough losses. Only time I've seen him dispute calls were close ones....... Do they still deserve it?

I wonder if STL still looks at BP as a loudmouth crap stirrer.

I think I'm going to make my new signature "ALL THE CALLS!!!"

You seriously wrote that and posted on here....

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    I'm curious about the whiny Cards. A few years ago, TLR complained about everything, so it's obvious how they earned that. Now.... There doesn't seem to be any personalities on the team to really draw any ire. Matheny, as far as I've seen, hasn't been in post game interviews making excuses or deflecting. He seems to stick to a predictable script of praising pitching and hitting for wins, and expressing disappointment for tough losses. Only time I've seen him dispute calls were close ones....... Do they still deserve it?

I wonder if STL still looks at BP as a loudmouth crap stirrer.
    That's an interesting question. He will still get some boo's but on a whole I think Cardinals fans have gotten over it. Most would probably want him on our team if we had the chance to get him.

Turn Off Ads?