Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cardinals (Molina) crying again

Tossed out for arguing a call, probably should be suspended for at least 8-10 games. The biggest bunch of babies in baseball and they wonder why Phillips said what he did.

Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

He wasn't tossed for arguing a call, he was tossed because he threw his helmet on the ground in frustration after being robbed by a great play.

And Phillips said what he said because he likes attention; that's really all there is to that.

3. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CARDINALred View Post
    He wasn't tossed for arguing a call, he was tossed because he threw his helmet on the ground in frustration after being robbed by a great play.

And Phillips said what he said because he likes attention; that's really all there is to that.
    Whatever you want to tell yourself.

5. Likes:

4thand1 (06-06-2013),BoxingRed (06-04-2013),coachpipe (06-03-2013),foxfire123 (06-02-2013),Hey Meat (06-09-2013),jimbo (06-03-2013),KYRedLeg (06-03-2013),Wonderful Monds (06-02-2013)

I haven't see it yet , but I very seriously doubt he was tossed just for tossing his helmet because he got robbed on a great play.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    I haven't see it yet , but I very seriously doubt he was tossed just for tossing his helmet because he got robbed on a great play.
    Your doubt is very understandable having not actually seen it; the incredulity of it is most likely what drove Molina to rage. Also, the umpires stated in post-game comments that Molina's contact with the umpires was "incidental," which greatly reduces the chance of a suspension.
    Last edited by CARDINALred; 06-02-2013 at 05:55 PM.

8. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

Your doubt is very understandable having not actually seen it; the incredulity of it is most likely what drove Molina to rage. Also, the umpires stated in post-game comments that Molina's contact with the umpires was "incidental," which greatly reduces the chance of a suspension.
    Actually, no it doesn't. Contact with an ump is an automatice suspension. It being incidental lessens the length of the suspension, maybe.

Plus, throwing equipment is also an automatic ejection from the game, no matter the reason. Ump had to toss him.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

10. Likes:

4thand1 (06-06-2013),marcshoe (06-02-2013)

BP said what he did because he felt it was true. The Cardinals whine. That is what they do. It doesn't take away from the fact they win a lot and are a great organization. The whining is unnecessary but is just kind of their thing.

The ejection was ridiculous. However, he probably should and will be suspended. The crew chief's opinion is only somewhat relevant. That won't determine whether or not there will be a suspension. Regardless of how slighted he felt, he needs to learn to control himself a little better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by coryfly View Post
    BP said what he did because he felt it was true. The Cardinals whine. That is what they do. It doesn't take away from the fact they win a lot and are a great organization. The whining is unnecessary but is just kind of their thing.

The ejection was ridiculous. However, he probably should and will be suspended. The crew chief's opinion is only somewhat relevant. That won't determine whether or not there will be a suspension. Regardless of how slighted he felt, he needs to learn to control himself a little better than that.
    I definitely agree with you on that last sentence.

Everything else is just a bunch of bologna cooked up to fit some narrative you Reds fans have concocted to feel good about hating on the Cards, sorry. Seriously, I never see any fanbase whine about the way the Cardinals supposedly whine the way you all do.
    Last edited by CARDINALred; 06-02-2013 at 09:47 PM.

13. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

I definitely agree with you on that last sentence.

Everything else is just a bunch of bologna cooked up to fit some narrative you Reds fans have concocted to feel good about hating on the Cards, sorry. Seriously, I never see any fanbase whine about the way the Cardinals supposedly whine the way you all do.
    I agree with what you agreed with me about. Everything else is your justification for the fact your team whines like hell all the time. I get it. We all generally justify things to fit our 'narrative'. However, your statement seems to insinuate what I said is not true when it is. They complain about things more than other teams, thus justifying rival fans running with it. We are fans. Fans are supposed to take shots at their rivals. That has noting to do with the fact the Cards are perpetual whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by coryfly View Post
    I agree with what you agreed with me about. Everything else is your justification for the fact your team whines like hell all the time. I get it. We all generally justify things to fit our 'narrative'. However, your statement seems to insinuate what I said is not true when it is. They complain about things more than other teams, thus justifying rival fans running with it. We are fans. Fans are supposed to take shots at their rivals. That has noting to do with the fact the Cards are perpetual whiners.
    Ugh. Whatever.
    Last edited by CARDINALred; 06-02-2013 at 11:57 PM.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Phillips said what every major league baseball player, coach, manager, GM, media person, and fan that does not play for the Cardinals, work for the Cardinals, cover the Cardinals or support the Cardinals..........knows to be true. He just had the guts to say out loud what 99% of the league knows about the Cardinals, that they are whiny babies.

17. Likes:

foxfire123 (06-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Phillips said what every major league baseball player, coach, manager, GM, media person, and fan that does not play for the Cardinals, work for the Cardinals, cover the Cardinals or support the Cardinals..........knows to be true. He just had the guts to say out loud what 99% of the league knows about the Cardinals, that they are whiny babies.
    That's an insult to whiny babies.

19. Likes:

foxfire123 (06-06-2013),Vottomatic (06-06-2013)

Ok. That makes sense. I am a troll because I offer an educated and informed opinion that Ivan Rodriguez was better than Bench and I get accused of trolling. Bench was a great catcher, but as a former Division 1 catcher that saw BOTH of them play, I would take IRod, and I have stats that back it up.

I do believe Molina has a shot at the Hall of Fame. I know, Oh my God... how can someone in Cincinnati not loathe Molina? The dude plays his butt off. His game is focused on one thing, and that is winning. I would take Molina in a heartbeat over ANY current catcher to be on my team. He is coming into his own as an offensive asset. But he does need a few more stat years to get there.

As far as Munson goes.... his 1976 year was a great year. And if you really believe Bench's campaign in 1976 compared nearly equal to Munson, then... well, I question a person,'s ability to really offer an honest assessment of talent.

Don Cameron
    A true champion

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cameron View Post
    Ok. That makes sense. I am a troll because I offer an educated and informed opinion that Ivan Rodriguez was better than Bench and I get accused of trolling. Bench was a great catcher, but as a former Division 1 catcher that saw BOTH of them play, I would take IRod, and I have stats that back it up.

I do believe Molina has a shot at the Hall of Fame. I know, Oh my God... how can someone in Cincinnati not loathe Molina? The dude plays his butt off. His game is focused on one thing, and that is winning. I would take Molina in a heartbeat over ANY current catcher to be on my team. He is coming into his own as an offensive asset. But he does need a few more stat years to get there.

As far as Munson goes.... his 1976 year was a great year. And if you really believe Bench's campaign in 1976 compared nearly equal to Munson, then... well, I question a person,'s ability to really offer an honest assessment of talent.

Don Cameron
    A true champion

In an era of inflated hitting stats..... IR did not stand out as much as you seem to think.

Bench's on the other hand....pretty much did. 1970-72-73-74-75...especially.

Tony Cloninger
    I'm just her for the free beer and sandwiches

22. Likes:

RBA (06-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cameron View Post

Don Cameron
    A true champion
    I tend to question any statistical argument you make on the basis of your contribution to this thread but really, evoking Molina and Bench as possible equivalencies suggests serious flaws in player assessment. One can quibble about the differences in defensive abilities between Bench and Pudge as both were superb. But if Pudge's defensive tool was better, the difference wasn't dramatic. Bench however was a better offensive player and that's before one even contemplates normalizing for era and environment which makes the differences between the two even greater.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

24. Likes:

RBA (06-06-2013)

Turn Off Ads?