Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

The way Molina is bumping and putting his hands on the second ump on the scene, one game is a joke. Funny thing, in typical Cardinal chicken squat style, he waits until someone comes to get between himself and the ump before he starts his tantrum. Hold me back!

2. Likes:

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 64red View Post
    The way Molina is bumping and putting his hands on the second ump on the scene, one game is a joke. Funny thing, in typical Cardinal chicken squat style, he waits until someone comes to get between himself and the ump before he starts his tantrum. Hold me back!
    I agree. Indeed a joke. MLB should be ashamed. I guess with Tony LaRussa being part of Selig's boys, I should have known better. If this is any other catcher, it's 8 games at least. Why Molina gets so much attention for a singles hitter is beyond me, his defense just isn't as good as advertised. Baseball takes certain players and prop them up to be more than they are, and no matter what mud won't hit them. An example is Jeter winning a gold glove.

One game suspension is joke when Mesoraco was suspended three games for exactly the same thing last year. Indefensible.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 64red View Post
    Funny thing, in typical Cardinal chicken squat style, he waits until someone comes to get between himself and the ump before he starts his tantrum. Hold me back!
    That was my favorite part. Reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9z3xoOVbSU

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    One game suspension is joke when Mesoraco was suspended three games for exactly the same thing last year. Indefensible.
    I honestly can't remember: how much contact did Mesoraco initiate? Molina may have had "incidental" contact with the first ump, but the run in with the second ump was anything but.

Edit: Found the video of Mesoraco's ejection. That gets three games, and Molina gets one. Stay classy, MLB.
    Last edited by KYRedLeg; 06-03-2013 at 09:22 PM.

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMO View Post
    Why Molina gets so much attention for a singles hitter is beyond me, his defense just isn't as good as advertised.
    Lol, did you really just say that and do you actually believe that??
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

8. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013),MikeThierry (06-04-2013),PuffyPig (06-07-2013),RedlegJake (06-03-2013)

While I too agree with the masses that Fagan probably blew the call (tossing Yadi), Yadi's reaction was inexcusable..... All he did was exacerbate an already crap situation. Truly there is little to no room in baseball for that. In my line of work ( admittedly much less physical) anyone reacting like that would professionally embarrass himself.

I'm also of the mindset that his frustration was childish. No need to throw a fit. I get that is frustrating... Keep a better lid on it. There are better ways to deal with it.

The worst of it all I know Yadi is better than that. There are a ton of young ones that look up to him, he can set a better example.

I'm glad his suspension was one game, he should be glad it wasn't more.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey View Post
    Lol, did you really just say that and do you actually believe that??
    Yes he does. He's been called out for his stupidity in other threads. I'm honestly believing it's a troll account purposely set up here to incite people.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Yes he does. He's been called out for his stupidity in other threads. I'm honestly believing it's a troll account purposely set up here to incite people.
    So if someone doesn't think a Cards' player is as good as advertised, they're just inciting people? Could it be someone has an opinion that doesn't align with Cards' fans?

That can't be, can it?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

12. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-04-2013)

Just in case you Cards fans forgot, this is Redszone.com. There's a reason you're posting here instead of the many Cardinals forums out there.

As for the Molina ejection, he deserved it. Honestly, from a Reds fan's standpoint, who really cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    So if someone doesn't think a Cards' player is as good as advertised, they're just inciting people? Could it be someone has an opinion that doesn't align with Cards' fans?

That can't be, can it?
    Thank you Brutus. After all Mike, this is a Reds forum, right. Like I said before, I don't go to Cards message boards, I'm on a Reds board. I work in MO, so I end up watching a lot of Cards games. I watch Molina on a regular basis.

The thing that makes him overrated is when Cards fans start talking about him with Bench and Pudge. To put it softly, Cards fans don't realize what kind of numbers these 2 put up on offense while playing better defense than Molina. So, because of that, and because I hear about it every day, I don't like it, or like him. What I see is a catcher who learned from one of the best pitching coaches all time and fits well into the Cards system with what Duncan started with Matheny.

You can't have 8 powerless seasons to start your career and all of a sudden be in the same sentence with those 2 IMO. I'm not hear to incite, I'm hear to educate. Mike, please go look at Bench and Pudge's numbers on offense and tell me Molina will ever be in the same class as those 2. 311 HR's for Pudge, 389 for Bench...Molina has 80. If he keeps up his pace from last year for 5 more years, which is highly doubtful, he will hit around 180 tops, and I doubt he gets to 150.

To the topic, tell me how this isn't a slap on the wrist, given how ballistic he went. Let's say he was mad at himself like others have claimed, does that excuse his behavior for what he did after....NO, it doesn't. He also spit on an umpire in Milwaukee a few years ago.

So what I'm saying is that every other catcher in the league would have gotten a harsher sentence, and I don't see how that's defendable. I'm not here to make friends with Cards fans, I'm here to talk about them as rivals with fellow Reds fans. I haven't called anyone hear any names (like you did me). I hear it all day from the Cards fans I work with, I don't really want to hear about Molina on a Reds board from Cards fans. I started this thread to see if fellow Reds fans felt the same way, and apparently some do.

15. Likes:

coachpipe (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMO View Post
    I agree. Indeed a joke. MLB should be ashamed. I guess with Tony LaRussa being part of Selig's boys, I should have known better. If this is any other catcher, it's 8 games at least. Why Molina gets so much attention for a singles hitter is beyond me, his defense just isn't as good as advertised. Baseball takes certain players and prop them up to be more than they are, and no matter what mud won't hit them. An example is Jeter winning a gold glove.
    Not sure if there is a conspiracy, but punishment sure seems light. FWIW, when Yadi did actually make unrestrained contact and spit on an ump in 2011, he got 5 games, so 8 might be excessive. I would've expect three to fit the crime.

Yadi is no power hitter for sure, but having the amazing super power to shrink doubles into singles..... I mean regularly hit for singles is what garners him attention. On top of that, he is a great defensive catcher, and he's got talent as a leader (all the young arms give him a lot of credit this year). In terms of talent he's a pretty well rounded player. Would be high value to any team. HOF'er for sure.... Best catcher of all time? I'm certain there were better, but he'd rank in the upper crust of any list. If you look at his time in the majors and his peers... His defensive prowess will put him at the top of most folks list. The Gold Glove is pretty subjective (that's why guys like jeter can win them for average play), but if you look at the fielding bible awards which also uses stats as a yard stick... Yadi has won for quite a few years.

Not trying to sound like a Yadi cheerleader (i know i totally am coming across that way though)..... I think Yadi gets attention, because he is a consistent hitter, although not consistent power, and he is a defense whiz. STL has a true gem in Yadi.... Even if his hitting slumps to a .260-270 avg.

I get that you're jaded on Yadi though... Being a Reds guy in Cardinal territory, he's probably shoved in your face all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Not sure if there is a conspiracy, but punishment sure seems light. FWIW, when Yadi did actually make unrestrained contact and spit on an ump in 2011, he got 5 games, so 8 might be excessive. I would've expect three to fit the crime.

Yadi is no power hitter for sure, but having the amazing super power to shrink doubles into singles..... I mean regularly hit for singles is what garners him attention. On top of that, he is a great defensive catcher, and he's got talent as a leader (all the young arms give him a lot of credit this year). In terms of talent he's a pretty well rounded player. Would be high value to any team. HOF'er for sure.... Best catcher of all time? I'm certain there were better, but he'd rank in the upper crust of any list. If you look at his time in the majors and his peers... His defensive prowess will put him at the top of most folks list. The Gold Glove is pretty subjective (that's why guys like jeter can win them for average play), but if you look at the fielding bible awards which also uses stats as a yard stick... Yadi has won for quite a few years.

Not trying to sound like a Yadi cheerleader (i know i totally am coming across that way though)..... I think Yadi gets attention, because he is a consistent hitter, although not consistent power, and he is a defense whiz. STL has a true gem in Yadi.... Even if his hitting slumps to a .260-270 avg.

I get that you're jaded on Yadi though... Being a Reds guy in Cardinal territory, he's probably shoved in your face all the time.

Are you suggesting Molina is a HoF'er? I hope not. The guy won't even sniff the HoF. I can think of three Cardinal catchers not in the HoF that are more deserving the Molina.

18. Likes:

SporkLover (06-04-2013)

I'm surprised that Molina only got a 1-game suspension. I was expecting 3-4 games. Is this an example of favoritism? It might be.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    I'm surprised that Molina only got a 1-game suspension. I was expecting 3-4 games. Is this an example of favoritism? It might be.
    Favoritism? My lord. Let the conspiracy theories start! Wait, they have already started. Is that Ozzie Smith on the grassy knoll by the entrance to the MLB offices? I thought I saw Bob Gibson in the Sporting News Book Depository... and on the 6th floor! Man never landed on the moon in 1969... it was Steve Carlton & Curt Flood in a studio somewhere near Branson, MO.

The fix is in. Stop watching baseball right now.

21. Likes:

TSJ55 (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Favoritism? My lord. Let the conspiracy theories start! Wait, they have already started. Is that Ozzie Smith on the grassy knoll by the entrance to the MLB offices? I thought I saw Bob Gibson in the Sporting News Book Depository... and on the 6th floor! Man never landed on the moon in 1969... it was Steve Carlton & Curt Flood in a studio somewhere near Branson, MO.

The fix is in. Stop watching baseball right now.
    Not Cardinals favoritism, star favoritism. If Molina was a nobody, I think he would have gotten 3-4 games. And it doesn't take a formal conspiracy for this to happen. It can happen organically.

Turn Off Ads?