Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

To Paraphrase the late, great George "Sparky" Anderson from October of 1976 - Don't embarrass Molina by invoking him in the same sentence as Johnny Bench.
    Where we gonna go?

2. Turn Off Ads?

You quoted me in your leap to the conclusion that I was saying it is impossible to troll your own fanbase and that I do not know what a troll is.

As I said before my initial post, which you quoted, I was speaking of a particular instance. I was not speaking of message boards in general.

Where did I say I was offended?

Molina's neck tat alone should keep him out of the hall.

5. Likes:

KYRedLeg (06-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thand1 View Post
    He needs another ring to be a slam dunk IMO.
    I'd be surprised if it isn't coming. He has probably at least 8 years left.

7. Likes:

4thand1 (06-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You quoted me in your leap to the conclusion that I was saying it is impossible to troll your own fanbase and that I do not know what a troll is.

As I said before my initial post, which you quoted, I was speaking of a particular instance. I was not speaking of message boards in general.

Where did I say I was offended?
    I think you're offended because you're trying to argue with about something I consider to be inconsequential.

I asked if you believed it was impossible to troll your own fanbase. I did not claim that was your belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    To Paraphrase the late, great George "Sparky" Anderson from October of 1976 - Don't embarrass Molina by invoking him in the same sentence as Johnny Bench.
    I think I was comparing IRod with Bench....

Ahh good ole Sparky.... He was always there for his players...

Nevermind that Munson in the regular season outplayed Bench to his first and only MVP.

Munson's stats were a nice .302 17 HR 105 RBI in 1976
    Bench .234 16 HR AND 74 RBI.

Why in the world would those sports writers have made such a foolish comparison?

In the end, Munson died with as many World Series titles as Bench.

Don Cameron
    Like Munson, a former Golden Flash

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    True. They'll be in the hunt for awhile.

I want to respond but I really don't even know where to start.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

This serious is going to be a tough series...So if all else fails..throw popcorn at cardinals fans so they dont come back

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    This serious is going to be a tough series...So if all else fails..throw popcorn at cardinals fans so they dont come back
    Or bring them Coney's without chili and cheese, that would cause me to never come back (soggy dogs)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Or bring them Coney's without chili and cheese, that would cause me to never come back (soggy dogs)
    I like your idea much better. And then buy them an Odouls

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cameron View Post
    I think I was comparing IRod with Bench....

Ahh good ole Sparky.... He was always there for his players...

Nevermind that Munson in the regular season outplayed Bench to his first and only MVP.

Munson's stats were a nice .302 17 HR 105 RBI in 1976
    Bench .234 16 HR AND 74 RBI.

Why in the world would those sports writers have made such a foolish comparison?

In the end, Munson died with as many World Series titles as Bench.

Don Cameron
    Like Munson, a former Golden Flash
    In 1976, Bench had a 4.6 WAR and Munson had a 5.2 WAR. That is a statistically insignificant difference between the two for that regular season.

Oh, and Bench was the World Series MVP that season.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    I had no idea you were so certain that Molina would be traded to the Reds
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

You have to be kidding me with the WAR stat, right? Seriously. The only people that give credit, could NOT have actually played the game beyond high school. So, with WAR you actually believe, going by the 1976 Reds, that if the Reds lost Joe Morgan opening day and they are forced to play Doug Flynn 162, that the Reds still win 93 games without their MVP and three hitter? Or that if Rose got hurt that Flynn could replace Rose and the Reds still win 95 games or better yet, Perez gets hurt and Mike Lum can lead the Reds to almost 100 wins because Perez had a 2.6 WAR?

Dude, if you buy that, then you probably believe that moneyball and the A's was all about OBP and not running out Hudson, Mulder and Zito.

Don Cameron
    A man who enjoys a close shave

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cameron View Post
    Molina IS on track for the Hall. His output and importance and overall leadership is almost identical to the greatest catcher to play the game, Pudge Rodriguez. Molina needs about fourmore productive years, and he will be in. Catchers should be judged on a shortened period. Barring Berra who played OF and Pudge's (both Fisk and Irod) freakish durability, most great catchers have about a seven year period of dominance. For all intents and purpose, Molina is halfway there. He is a great baseball player. Period

Don Cameron
    A man who is not small minded and can appreciate greatness no matter what hat they wear.
    Molina isn't even close to having a HOF career.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?