Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 232

Thread: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

  1. #31
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,568

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    I am surprised he was thrown out to be honest. How many times have you seen a player get thrown out and slam their helmet out of frustration? At the time, the UMP didnt know if he was pissed at the call or just frustrated with himself not getting a base hit
    Be a better game if those who feel it is necessary to slam equipment due to emotions/ANGER are made to sit out for the remainder of that game. Make it a consistent call (like little league). It will not take long before you see this childish behavior gone from the game (God forbid lol). If emotions get outta whack b/c of it, then MLB needs to hire Sigmund Freud types to deal with a headcase who cannot show an emotional side without throwing/destroying things.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member Beltway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    337

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    OK. Throwing equipment (like a spoiled 5-yr-old brat) is a acceptable way to display emotions? I do not agree. It is childish. There is also a risk of another player, an umpire or possibly a fan being hit with the equipment once is has been thrown (by a grown child).

    Throwing euipment is childish (have I said this?). When children do it in little league, they are immediately ejected from the game. As they should be. So why do some of us feel it is OK to do it if you are an adult, but not OK to do it as a child? Because we are trying to teach children the proper way to behave and act in society? Interesting, isn't it?

    I say GROW UP, big leaguers. Act like an adult and not a spoiled brat. Do not risk hurting other people and making yourself look like a baby. And do not risk a possible ejection from the game... another interesting concept, isn't it (I do not throw equipment, things kids are not allowed to do, and I do not get ejected)?

    Emotions are fine. Throwing quipment to let emotions out is not OK. There are right and wrong ways to handle things. Throwing equipment is NEVER the right way to show emotions. Arguing that it is is so silly that it does not deserve reply. Grow up and act like an adult.
    Should Votto be ejected for all of the F bombs he let's out every game? Little leaguers are ejected for that (childish) behavior, too.

  4. Likes:

    IntheCards (07-10-2013), jojo (06-04-2013)

  5. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Be a better game if those who feel it is necessary to slam equipment due to emotions/ANGER are made to sit out for the remainder of that game. Make it a consistent call (like little league). It will not take long before you see this childish behavior gone from the game (God forbid lol). If emotions get outta whack b/c of it, then MLB needs to hire Sigmund Freud types to deal with a headcase who cannot show an emotional side without throwing/destroying things.
    The difference is. It isnt little league and these players are backed by a union. so things like that would never work. I personally didnt see anything wrong with him slamming his helmet out of frustration. I dont care what anyone anywhere or at anytime does out of frustration(other than murder). Its just nice seeing people who get paid so much to actually look like they care

  6. #34
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,568

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Should Votto be ejected for all of the F bombs he let's out every game? Little leaguers are ejected for that (childish) behavior, too.
    No. F-bombs do not risk physical injury to other humans.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  7. #35
    Beer is good!! George Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,698

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    I thought the umpire Clint Fagan showed poor judgement in tossing Molina. Had Molina looked his way or gestured in anyway to show his displeasure in the call then yes eject him but it appeared obvious Molina's actions were not directed at the umpire.

    The umpire Clint Fagan I think has only been in MLB like 2 years. This action disturbs me 100 times more than the famous Tom Hallion incident we bantered about well over a month ago.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

  8. #36
    Member Beltway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    337

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    No. F-bombs do not risk physical injury to other humans.
    Then he needs better reasoning. If risk of injury is the criteria, then it's a non sequitur to mention little leagues.

    Should players be ejected when the bat flies out of their hands? Or when they hit a foul ball? Both of those actions could harm other humans.

    This may seem like I'm splitting hairs, but my overall point is that these "rules" are applied unevenly. People are trying to make this out to be a black-and-white issue, but it's not. Someone could do the exact same thing today and not get ejected (and probably wouldn't). When rules are applied unevenly, those rules do not have the desired effect.

  9. Likes:

    IntheCards (07-10-2013)

  10. #37
    Member joshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    989
    Yeah. Suspending people for foul balls? That is absolutely splitting hairs.

    Even if Molina shouldnt have been tossed for slamming his helmet, he should definitely be suspended for his reaction to the umpire

  11. #38
    Retro-Gamer Krawhitham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,708

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMO View Post
    Tossed out for arguing a call, probably should be suspended for at least 8-10 games.
    WHAT

    suspended for at least 8-10 games for arguing a call, unless he touched the ump he should get nothing more than 1 games and I that is even too much

  12. #39
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,169

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    WHAT

    suspended for at least 8-10 games for arguing a call, unless he touched the ump he should get nothing more than 1 games and I that is even too much
    I take it you haven't seen the video. Molina made contact a few times, and looked liked he would have killed the ump had his coaches not restrained him. Bruce Banner never got that upset

    He should get suspended at least as long as Mesoraco was suspended last year for a similar incident.
    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

  13. #40
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,131

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    He made contact more than "a few times."

    I'm not sure he will be suspended, but if he is I would think they'd take into consideration how much he had to be held back. It wasn't a quick burst of frustration, then he was held back. He had to held back, got loose, held back again, got loose, etc. Molina's intent was to make contact. If he's suspended, that will be why.

  14. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    90

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Then he needs better reasoning. If risk of injury is the criteria, then it's a non sequitur to mention little leagues.

    Should players be ejected when the bat flies out of their hands? Or when they hit a foul ball? Both of those actions could harm other humans.

    This may seem like I'm splitting hairs, but my overall point is that these "rules" are applied unevenly. People are trying to make this out to be a black-and-white issue, but it's not. Someone could do the exact same thing today and not get ejected (and probably wouldn't). When rules are applied unevenly, those rules do not have the desired effect.
    Did you really just make this argument?

  15. #42
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,479

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Rumor in the game thread is that Yadi Molina received a one-game suspension.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  16. #43
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,694

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I thought the umpire Clint Fagan showed poor judgement in tossing Molina. Had Molina looked his way or gestured in anyway to show his displeasure in the call then yes eject him but it appeared obvious Molina's actions were not directed at the umpire.

    The umpire Clint Fagan I think has only been in MLB like 2 years. This action disturbs me 100 times more than the famous Tom Hallion incident we bantered about well over a month ago.
    I thought it was automatic ejection for throwing equipment, no?
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  17. #44
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,169

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I thought it was automatic ejection for throwing equipment, no?
    Automatic fine. Ejection if ump believes it was thrown in anger.
    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

  18. #45
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,525

    Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

    Probably not ejection worthy. Though it did seem to be a little more than your average helmet fling.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25