Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He would be a troll if he were doing this on a cardinals message board, but alas, this is a reds message board.

A better example of trolling on redszone is calling redszone posters "insecure" on redszone.
    Are you saying it's impossible for a fan of a team to troll on his own team's board? That by definition, it is impossible for a Reds fan to troll on a Reds board, a Cardinals fan to troll on a Cardinals board, and so on? If that's what you believe, I don't think you know what trolling actually is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If you want to learn what trolling really is, I recommend you visit 4chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Are you saying it's impossible for a fan of a team to troll on his own team's board? That by definition, it is impossible for a Reds fan to troll on a Reds board, a Cardinals fan to troll on a Cardinals board, and so on? If that's what you believe, I don't think you know what trolling actually is.
    Jump to conclusions much?

I was talking about this particular instance. My point was if he were saying what he is saying in this thread ON a Cardinals message board he would be trolling Cardinals fans. He was not doing that, as he was saying it on a Reds message board.

For example, if I were to say "the cardinals are a bunch of horrible cry babies" on redszone, I do not believe I would be trolling because I would be saying that to fellow reds fans. If I were to say the same sentence on the apparently non-existent cardinals message board I would be trolling Cardinals fans.

I'd let it slide, Beltway. We're in their house. They don't like it. So they play by a different set of rules than us. Whatever.

There's a reason why many of us -- who've been here over a month and have over 50 posts -- haven't been invited to join the ORG. They don't like dissenting opinions. Fine. It's their board. They pay to manage it. I get it.

If you want to learn what trolling really is, I recommend you visit 4chan.
    If YOU want to learn about real trolling start here:

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    I'd let it slide, Beltway. We're in their house. They don't like it. So they play by a different set of rules than us. Whatever.

There's a reason why many of us -- who've been here over a month and have over 50 posts -- haven't been invited to join the ORG. They don't like dissenting opinions. Fine. It's their board. They pay to manage it. I get it.
    Did you even open the "Welcome to our New Members!" thread?

You do not get "invited." You post 50 times and ALSO wait 45 days before you can post in the ORG. It is not a month.

Also, what different set of rules am I playing by? What I said is not incorrect.

Did you even open the "Welcome to our New Members!" thread?

You do not get "invited." You post 50 times and ALSO wait 45 days before you can post in the ORG. It is not a month.

Also, what different set of rules am I playing by? What I said is not incorrect.
    Excuse me. 45 days. I also believe I've been here longer than that too.

And my comment wasn't directed at you as much as whomever runs the site in general. Cardinals fans are kept tightly under a regulatory thumb, while Reds fans can be much more liberal and biting in their commentary. That can't be denied. Then again, it's understandable -- as the people who pay for this site are Reds fans. That's my only point.

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Excuse me. 45 days. I also believe I've been here longer than that too.

And my comment wasn't directed at you as much as whomever runs the site in general. Cardinals fans are kept tightly under a regulatory thumb, while Reds fans can be much more liberal and biting in their commentary. That can't be denied. Then again, it's understandable -- as the people who pay for this site are Reds fans. That's my only point.
    Have you tried posting on ORG?

You posted in the "Best Baseball Movies/Docs" thread just the other day on the Old Red Guard. What are you even talking about?

Have you tried posting on ORG?
    You know. I have to apologize. Apparently, I can now post over there. I must have been granted rights recently, as it wasn't long ago that I was denied access.

My mistake. I was wrong.

I still stand by my comment that we're tightly controlled.

You posted in the "Best Baseball Movies/Docs" thread just the other day on the Old Red Guard. What are you even talking about?

See above. My mistake. I was thinking that thread was over here.

I admit to being completely wrong... about not being granted rights.

Jump to conclusions much?
    I did not jump to a conclusion. I asked questions. That is the opposite of jumping to a conclusion.

I was talking about this particular instance. My point was if he were saying what he is saying in this thread ON a Cardinals message board he would be trolling Cardinals fans. He was not doing that, as he was saying it on a Reds message board.

For example, if I were to say "the cardinals are a bunch of horrible cry babies" on redszone, I do not believe I would be trolling because I would be saying that to fellow reds fans. If I were to say the same sentence on the apparently non-existent cardinals message board I would be trolling Cardinals fans.
    Incorrect. It would be trolling if you said it with the intent of riling up Cardinals fans. If your intent is not to rile up Cardinals fans, but to vent your frustration to fellow Reds fans (per your example) then it is not trolling. Where the post is made is irrelevant. Intent is all that matters in determining whether or not someone is trolling.

I'll end this with: I do not know whether or not RedsfaninMO was trolling because I do not know his intent. Even if he was trolling, it's not the end of the world. It's not an indictment of his character or this board. This is a sports forum, trolling is inevitable. Trolling generally isn't a problem as long as it's not allowed to elevate into a flame war.

I did not jump to a conclusion. I asked questions. That is the opposite of jumping to a conclusion.

You did ask a question, you then answered your own question and said I do not know what a troll is.

You did ask a question, you then answered your own question and said I do not know what a troll is.
    And? If it doesn't apply to you, it doesn't apply to you. You are not the only person who read that post. There's no reason to get offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cameron View Post
    Molina IS on track for the Hall. His output and importance and overall leadership is almost identical to the greatest catcher to play the game, Pudge Rodriguez. Molina needs about fourmore productive years, and he will be in. Catchers should be judged on a shortened period. Barring Berra who played OF and Pudge's (both Fisk and Irod) freakish durability, most great catchers have about a seven year period of dominance. For all intents and purpose, Molina is halfway there. He is a great baseball player. Period

Don Cameron
    A man who is not small minded and can appreciate greatness no matter what hat they wear.

He needs another ring to be a slam dunk IMO.

Turn Off Ads?