Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Toddlers and Reds tickets

Toddlers and Reds tickets

Hey everyone,

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section or if this has been asked before, but I'm wondering what the age limit is before kids need to have their own tickets to go to the game at GABP. My boy is 3 on Tuesday and I want to take him to his first game for his birthday. I just didn't know if he needed his own ticket or not. I also don't know if they go by age or height. He is approximately 36 inches tall. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks and Go Redlegs!
    R.I.P Farney 12/22/2012

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Toddlers and Reds tickets

While I don't know the official policy, I can say based on experience with my 3-yr old that as long as you are willing to hold him or keep him in your seat with you, a ticket isn't necessary. Essentially, if you want him in his own seat, you'll need to buy a ticket.

Child Admittance - Great American Ball Park offers complimentary admission to children 3 years of age and under. However, we do request that these children sit on their parents' or guardians' laps and not occupy additional seats. Promotional giveaway items are only available for ticketed guests. Tickets for children four years and older are priced the same as adult tickets.
    GABP ballpark info

Wow! A game at three!! Very cool. I think I was nine (many, many years ago) that I first went to a game. I hope he enjoys and remembers it! Just wait until
    he fins out about hot dogs and ice cream!

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Wow! A game at three!! Very cool. I think I was nine (many, many years ago) that I first went to a game. I hope he enjoys and remembers it! Just wait until
    he fins out about hot dogs and ice cream!

Rem
    Yup, it takes a special child to focus on a game when cotton candy, popcorn, ice cream, hot dogs, etc, is being sold right before his eyes. Free admittance can turn into a big money in a very short period of time.

FYI, Tuesday night is the voucher game for the Redlegs Run (which was held this weekend). If you keep your eyes open, maybe you could find someone who isn't planning on using their voucher . . .

I'll be there Tuesday night, with my three year old boy and the rest of my family since we all ran the Redlegs race on Saturday.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

3 and under get in free ... but you don't want to keep your kid on your lap all night (trust me from experience). So, unless you are buying nose bleed where there will be plenty of empty seats around you, buy a ticket for your son so he'll have his own seat. Plus, you guys will always have the two tickets from your first game together.

But if you're going to be sitting up high anyway, don't waste the money. Just buy the one ducat because they'll be plenty of empty "View Level" seats. Hope this helps!

Yes, as has already been said, 3 and down are free.

The "empty seats" thing mentioned holds very true as well (unless it's a sell-out of course).

Honestly, every time I go to a Reds game, I always buy the cheapest tix available. Then I simply wait for an inning, maybe 2 and I grab an empty seat somewhere where there appears to be a cluster of them (and so far, I have NEVER had any problem with doing that and I have ALWAYS ended up sitting in a pretty darn good location).

Some games, I actually do what I mentioned above and roughly every inning/every other inning, I'll get up and move to a different section of the park and find a good, empty seat there. Later, rinse, repeat....It's a good, cheap way to experience the game from several different views. In the case of a sell-out/very well sold game where the above is not as easy a possibility, I generally stand for most of the game and simply walk around for different viewpoints during different innings.

Unless I was wanting a specific seat/set of seats and/or extremely good (and usually much higher-priced) seats, I personally can not imagine doing it any other way. But that's just me & I'm fully aware that not everyone is like myself.

Make sure you take him to the fan zone to see the kids wiffle ball field so he can at least run the bases, my nephew loves that, and he's 2 1/2.

Make sure you get the complimentary first game certificate as well. I have both my kids certificates!

Turn Off Ads?