Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: 6/03/2013 Rockies at Reds

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 6/03/2013 Rockies at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Phillips is out, Choo and Votto are slumping, and they still win. Nice
    Well, how many times have we said it...when he's good, Jay Bruce can flat out carry this team. Seems like a good time to start it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Great interview by Arroyo! What an intelligent baseball player!

"The Tom Petty of baseball." Great quote!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Seriously, why in the world would you pull Arroyo here? It probably won't matter, but still, that's a strange move.
    Baker/Price: "How do you feel Bronson?"

Bronson: "I've had it Skip"

Seems pretty basic to me.

5. Likes:

WVRedsFan (06-04-2013)

You have the best pitching staff in baseball; you win a lot of games.

7. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-04-2013),Mutaman (06-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Ha, I hear you. But you know what I mean. The percentages are extremely in your favor in that situation. Just seems like a waste to use Chapman in a game like this ... and not in the one yesterday.

Oh well, I'm gonna forget about all that and enjoy this victory. This team flat-out has World Series champion potential. No question about it.
    I don't believe you. You seem to be in agonizing pain even when they are winning.

9. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-04-2013),OGB (06-03-2013),WVRedsFan (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    To win 3 of 4 with Votto going 2-16 and Choo 2-15 plus losing your top RBI man and wizard in the field. I am a litte concerned. Maybe Welsh is right-- they're tired.
    Pitching is a beautiful thing. We went almost 10 years without seeing any in Cincy, 'bout time.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-04-2013),HeatherC1212 (06-04-2013),smith288 (06-03-2013),texasdave (06-03-2013),WVRedsFan (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Phillips is out, Choo and Votto are slumping, and they still win. Nice
    Wouldn't surprise me if Dusty gives them both a day off tomorrow,Wednesday. That would be two days in a row off before the biggest series of the season to this point. Even it means sacrificing a game Wednesday it may be good that both of those guys take off a day. Also gives the bench guys a good tune up for the weekend. With the way the Reds pitching is going, if the bench can scrape across a couple of runs it may be enough to win.
    You have to love this pitching. It's amazing considering where the pitching was just a few short seasons ago. Every starter is giving ace like performances. Enjoy it, you never know how long good pitching will last.
    Reds really need to start rattling the garbage cans to find someone to backup SS who can hit juts a little. I never thought anyone could out ugly Valdez at the plate but I think Izturis has done that. He is hitting all of .150 this morning. It's a very soft .150 too. Just no life at all in that bat. At this point I might take a flyer on Gonzalez to see if he has anything left.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?