Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minor League Updates: Monday 6/03/2013

Minor League Updates: Monday 6/03/2013

Lake County at Dayton. Nick Travieso's Dragons' debut.

Travieso gets the first two batters to ground out and then singles, stolen bases and a walk combine for three runs. Three runs on four hits in the first for Lake County. Lake County gets a one-out triple followed by a sac fly. They lead 4-0 in the top of the second. Travieso gets his first K.

FWIW, Dayton announcer stated that Rahier and Vincej have been playing 'gold glove' defense.

Junior Arias singles and steals second (31).

Travieso consistently between 92 and 94 if I understood the announcer correctly. One out single, hit number six. Travieso then gets a strike'em out, throw'em out to end the third. 1-2-3 fourth for Nick. He racked up strikeout number three.

Romano threw a bullpen session and is expected to make his next start.

Face-first diving grab by Winker. I like it. And then Winker puts the Dragons on the board with a laser beam over the right-field wall. Home run number 8 for Winker, who is hitting over .360 for his last 39 plus games. Arias has a 17-game hitting streak.

Bullpen activity as Travieso may have reached his pitch limit. Wes Mugarian. Mace almost nailed Travieso's line: 4IP 6H 4R 4ER 1BB 3K.

Dayton fell behind 4-0, rallied to make it close but eventually fell by a score of 6-5.
    In relief, Mugarian allowed a run in his two innings of work. Chacin allowed an unearned run in his two innings of work. Klimesh pitched a scoreless frame.
    Amaral, Terry and Gelalich each singled and doubled. Winker had a solo blast.

Both teams' shortstops made errors in the game. Vincej's was his 6th; Paulino's his 23rd. Yikes!

Lake County 6 Dayton 5.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-03-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

2. Likes:

mace (06-03-2013), mdccclxix (06-04-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor League Updates: Monday 6/03/2013

Louisville is up in Toledo. Billy Hamilton leads off the game with a double, Negron singles and Hamilton scores on a Felix Perez sac fly.
    Armando Galarraga is taken deep in the third. A solo shot. After three the game in knotted up at one. Bats' bats have been quiet since the first two hitters of the game. 1-1 middle of the fourth.
    Another 1-2-3 inning for Louisville. 13 consecutive Bats' hitters have been set down.
    Armando Galarrage holds down the fort and Louisville gets just enough offense to win 3-2. Galarraga's line: 7.2IP 5H 2R 1ER 3BB 5K.
    It was Billy Hamilton's error that led to the unearned run that put Louisville behind 2-1. So the next time to the plate with two outs in the eighth, a runner on base and trailing by one; Billy Hamilton hit one into the gap in left-center and motored around the bases for a game-winning, inside-the-parker. Kris Negron had a single and a double.
    Curtis Partch saved the game, striking out two in his inning of work.

Louisville 3 Toledo 2.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-03-2013 at 10:34 PM.

5. Likes:

mdccclxix (06-04-2013)

DSL Rojos fall 5-4. Starter Wendolyn Bautista went three innings, giving up a pair of unearned runs on two hits and a walk. Bautista fanned five. All four Rojos runs came on one mighty swing of the bat by Luis Gonzalez, who rocketed a seventh-inning salami. The Jimenez brothers, Daniel and Olvis, each slapped a pair of hits.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-03-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Is 92-94 about what was expected from Travieso? I know there were some scouting reports of him hitting 99-100 in high school. Obviously he isn't going to throw anywhere near that consistently, but I am wondering if he has the potential of a guy like Latos to be hitting 95 and 96 pretty regularly.

Pensacola is visiting those Biscuit-Eaters from Montgomery. They trail 6-4.

For some reason, Ryan Dennick has pitched to entire game so far for the Wahoos.
    He is over 100 pitches and into the 8th. Odd for a pitcher who has given up 10 hits, 6 runs and is trailing in the game.

Blue Fish batters have managed just five singles but have scored four runs thanks to the generosity of the Biscuit Eaters. Seven walks and three errors have kept Pensacola in the game.

The DSL Reds blanked the DSL Orioles V.1 by a score of 4-0. Jose De Luna had two hits and scored twice.

On the mound Pedro Damian and four relievers got the job done. Damian was outstanding. 4IP 1H 0R 0ER 1BB 6K.

Three games have now gone final, and the results are better than you may have expected after the first round of updates.

With Galarraga on the mound, the Bats fell behind 2-1. In the top of the 8th with Burriss on first and 2 down, Blazin Billy Hamilton hits an inside the park home run, number 3 on the season.
    Armando went 7.2, giving up 5 hits, 1 earned, 3 walks, and 5 Ks in an inspired effort. The Big Red Smokey himself, Curtis Partch, rolls the the final frame with 2 strikeouts and a spare (walk) to garner save numero dos.
    Hamilton is the night's hitting star going 2-4 with a HR and a 2B, 2 runs and 2 RBI.
    Negron goes 2-4 with a double and RBI. Soto goes 1-3 with a free pass. Emmanuel Burriss had a hit but I could give a dog's bollocks about that guy.
    Former Redszone heart throb Daniel D Dorn goes 2-4 for Toledo.

After falling behind 4-0, Dayton storms back, but falls 6-5. I'll update what Dave didn't cover earlier.
    Chacin works 2 giving up 1 hit, 1 unearned, 1 walk, and 2 strike outs. Ben Klimesh writes 2 Ks into the epilogue.
    Dragon bats of note:
    Amaral- 2-5, 2B, 2RBI
    Joe Terry- 2-5, 2B, Run
    Winker- 1-5, HR
    Gelalich- 2-4, 2B, RBI
    Arias and Superfluous J with a hit apiece.

The DSL Reds get their first win of the year in shutout fashion, 4-0.
    Pedro Damian got the start, throwing 4, surrendering a hit and walk, while striking out 6.
    John Zapata worked 2 to get the win.
    5 Reds pitchers allowed only 4 hits and 3 walks while ringing up 13.
    Rightfielded Jose DeLuna was 2-4 with 2 of the Reds runs. 5 other players contributed a hit.

As I type this, Pensacola has fallen behind 8-4, all the runs on Dennick through 7 plus.
    Offensively, who really cares about Pensacola at this point.

Bakersfield jumps out 2-0 in the first and High Dessert puts a tasty two of their own on the board in the bottom half against Shane Dyer(?)
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs Delaney View Post
    Is 92-94 about what was expected from Travieso? I know there were some scouting reports of him hitting 99-100 in high school. Obviously he isn't going to throw anywhere near that consistently, but I am wondering if he has the potential of a guy like Latos to be hitting 95 and 96 pretty regularly.
    The broadcaster tweeted that he hit 97 at one point.

I am going to keep saying it, the Reds should NEVER have passed on Wacha at # 14. Travieso was not the BPA left on the board, Wacha was. He could be in our bullpen right now instead of Ondrusek. Reds were blinded by the fast rising of Travieso before the draft and the fact that a Reds scout's son played with Nick in high school, inside info I guess. I wouldn't nearly care as much if Wacha hadn't been snatched up by the Cards at #19. The rotation depth for us next year would be huge.

Cueto
    Latos
    Arroyo (if we resign)
    Bailey
    Leake
    Wacha
    Cingrani
    Corcino
    C Rogers
    Stephenson

Cisco
    Romano
    Langfield

Here's the link to Blazin' Billy's ItP HR. Will it ever get old watching him motor?

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...vkey=news_milb

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    I am going to keep saying it, the Reds should NEVER have passed on Wacha at # 14. Travieso was not the BPA left on the board, Wacha was. He could be in our bullpen right now instead of Ondrusek.
    Please don't. There is no reason to keep saying it.

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-05-2013), coachpipe (06-04-2013), Edd Roush (06-04-2013), mdccclxix (06-04-2013), medford (06-04-2013), Tom Servo (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Here's the link to Blazin' Billy's ItP HR. Will it ever get old watching him motor?

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...vkey=news_milb
    I have to ask those who watch him regularly. What percent of his inside the park home runs don't involve the outfielders looking like doofuses? Or is it doofi?

17. Likes:

coachpipe (06-04-2013)

Wacha likely would be in AA the way the Reds deal with most of their draft picks. Mike Leake made it straight to the majors due to a weakness in starting pitching.

Likely with all 5 starters returning and in spring Chapman an option, the Reds would have started Wacha at AA perhaps at AAA where he would have been the #2 starter behind Cingrani.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    I am going to keep saying it, the Reds should NEVER have passed on Wacha at # 14. Travieso was not the BPA left on the board, Wacha was. He could be in our bullpen right now instead of Ondrusek. Reds were blinded by the fast rising of Travieso before the draft and the fact that a Reds scout's son played with Nick in high school, inside info I guess. I wouldn't nearly care as much if Wacha hadn't been snatched up by the Cards at #19. The rotation depth for us next year would be huge.

Cueto
    Latos
    Arroyo (if we resign)
    Bailey
    Leake
    Wacha
    Cingrani
    Corcino
    C Rogers
    Stephenson

Cisco
    Romano
    Langfield
    Everyone loves that kind of post. Please post it again.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

20. Likes:

OGB (06-04-2013)

Out west, Bakersfield comes back in the ninth to win 5-4.

The new kid in town, Shane Dyer, did not pitch that badly. 6IP 8H 4R 2ER 0BB 6K.
    The bullpen, Pat Doyle (2) and Jamie Walckzak (1), pitched three innings of hitless baseball.

Marquez Smith, Steve Selsky and Juan Duran had two hits each. Juan Perez was 1-2 with two walks.
    In the ninth, Perez and Berset walked to set up Yorman Rodriguez's two-out, two-run, game-winning double.

Nicely done.

Turn Off Ads?