Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Biggest need/want right now

Biggest need/want right now

Now that the season is filtering out some teams and the trade deadline on the horizon, I was thinking on who the Red's may target. Before who, what will they target? The obvious one would be LF but I feel like Ludwick coming back could be that "acquisition". It's a gamble but he's signed for 2 years so he's going to get a shot.

I think we need another bullpen arm. The injury to Marshall and recent shakiness of Broxton is worrisome to me. It's not a dire situation but if it doesn't improve, I think a similar trade like last year will happen.

2. Likes:

smixsell (06-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Biggest need/want right now

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    Now that the season is filtering out some teams and the trade deadline on the horizon, I was thinking on who the Red's may target. Before who, what will they target? The obvious one would be LF but I feel like Ludwick coming back could be that "acquisition". It's a gamble but he's signed for 2 years so he's going to get a shot.

I think we need another bullpen arm. The injury to Marshall and recent shakiness of Broxton is worrisome to me. It's not a dire situation but if it doesn't improve, I think a similar trade like last year will happen.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm trying not to panic about the bullpen, but it feels like some reinforcements are needed. Fortunately, relievers tend to be more realistic targets at the deadline than do offensive powerhouses for LF.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

If we have to see Izturis play either SS or 2B every time Cozart or Phillips are out, I think we need to address middle infield depth.

6. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (06-04-2013),RedEye (06-04-2013),Redsfansince72 (06-05-2013),smixsell (06-05-2013)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

For the Cardinals to start losing

8. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (06-04-2013),Bumstead (06-05-2013),foxfire123 (06-04-2013),HeatherC1212 (06-05-2013),Old school 1983 (06-04-2013),oneupper (06-05-2013),Red in Chicago (06-04-2013),RedEye (06-04-2013),RedsManRick (06-04-2013),The Operator (06-05-2013),Trajinous (06-04-2013),westofyou (06-04-2013)

I look at the reds situation and see some in house solutions for each aside from right handed power at LF/SS//3B. Yes I think a right handed bat should be explored at all of those positions, with one acquisition of course. It'd broaden the potential talent pool to choose from. I think that could be the biggest name acquisition that could happen, but the most likely I believe will be another bullpen arm. Also it seems that there are in house solutions like partch or cingrani. I still think Hamilton is an option in the outfield especially if the reds bring in a non outfield bat. So while it'd like to see the reds get a big righty bat, they may just play out what they have in ludwick return. The most realistic trade targets seem to be bullpen help and maybe righty bench/platoon help

I think that the current LF platoon will be Paul/ Robinson/ Heisey until Ludwick comes back, so I see some minor moves being made for the August-September stretch. One move I would like to see is this:

Blue Jays trade:

1) Emilio Benefacio-can play ss/2b/ of and would allow us to replace Isturis, and gives us speed off the bench and possible CF for 2014!

2) Steve Delembert- middle reliever that would strengthen the 6-7 innings and give us a solid relief corp.

Reds trade:

1) Curtis Partch, Ryan LaMarre, and Logan Ondrusek

11. Likes:

mdccclxix (06-05-2013)

LH Reliever but not just a body. Needs to be a high caliber guy.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

HokieRed (06-04-2013)

Reds have Henry Rodriguez down in AAA for middle infield depth, the only issue is his defense is not gold glove caliber.

Our bullpen needs a another shutdown LHP, same with a RH power arm. Our system needs to draft relievers who can move quickly. We lack bullpen arms. especially left handed.

This organization lacks a TRUE # 4 hitter, a RH prospect who can protect Votto, we have none coming up thru the system and that needs to change, like a Cespedes/Wil Myers/Puig/ etc..

Pitching, pitching and pitching is what the Reds need. Starters and more importantly relievers who are homegrown and elite

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    If we have to see Izturis play either SS or 2B every time Cozart or Phillips are out, I think we need to address middle infield depth.
    I opined this in another thread, but I think Ronny Cedeno would be a reasonable target and a decent upgrade to Izturis.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    LH Reliever but not just a body. Needs to be a high caliber guy.
    You mean like Sean Marshall?

If he can get healthy, and Parra can be effective as the LOOGY, I think the bluupen will be a strength again.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

17. Likes:

mth123 (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You mean like Sean Marshall?

If he can get healthy, and Parra can be effective as the LOOGY, I think the bluupen will be a strength again.
    That will make it better. I still want another.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Reds have Henry Rodriguez down in AAA for middle infield depth, the only issue is his defense is not gold glove caliber.

Our bullpen needs a another shutdown LHP, same with a RH power arm. Our system needs to draft relievers who can move quickly. We lack bullpen arms. especially left handed.

This organization lacks a TRUE # 4 hitter, a RH prospect who can protect Votto, we have none coming up thru the system and that needs to change, like a Cespedes/Wil Myers/Puig/ etc..

Pitching, pitching and pitching is what the Reds need. Starters and more importantly relievers who are homegrown and elite
    How has Emmanuel Burris played so far this year?

Turn Off Ads?