Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NL All-Star Voting

NL All-Star Voting

I wasn't sure if this should be its own thread, or merged with another.

Votto is dominating the vote, which is no surprise. What is a surprise is that Frazier is in 5th place. I know it's early still, but I didn't expect that.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...l-star-voting/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NL All-Star Voting

The Reds should start an online voting campaign in South Korea to push Choo over the top. There are a lot of people with computers in Seoul and Pusan.
    "Knowledge Is Good." -- Emil Faber

4. Likes:

bigredmechanism (06-05-2013), Chip R (06-04-2013), HeatherC1212 (06-04-2013), WDE (06-04-2013)

Choo is running 5th. I would say the Koreans have got out to vote early and will vote often by the end. Another hot streak from Choo may push him over the top.

Votto has a huge lead and will be the starter. Phillips has a sizable lead too and will most likely be the starting 2nd baseman.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Hilarious ... BJ Upton is running ahead of Jay Bruce and Matt Kemp. Upton might be the first player ever to make the MAJOR League All-Star game while being demoted to his AAA affiliate. Maybe people were trying to vote for his brother but got the wrong Upton.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Truth View Post
    Hilarious ... BJ Upton is running ahead of Jay Bruce and Matt Kemp. Upton might be the first player ever to make the MAJOR League All-Star game while being demoted to his AAA affiliate. Maybe people were trying to vote for his brother but got the wrong Upton.
    BJ Upton is 13th in the NL vote for outfielders. Unless they are going with 13 outfielders this year, I kind of doubt he's going to the all-star team, except if he's part of his brother's entourage.

Maybe if Jay Bruce didn't spend the month of April striking out, he would have more votes. People tend to form their views early.

In any event, this weekend is a high profile series for the Reds, ending in the Sunday night national telecast. If somebody like Choo has a good game, it could boost his voting. Choo is the only guy besides Votto/Phillips with a chance of starting based on votes IMO.

The real shame is that Reds starting pitchers don't have many "wins." Without the wins, it's hard to make the team. Latos and Leake should have a shot; Cueto was hurt by the injury time, but also deserves consideration; Bailey's last outing hurt him. Don't see Arroyo making it, but it's not impossible.

Likely result is Votto starting; Phillips starting or backup; Choo starting or backup; Chapman on team.

8. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    BJ Upton is 13th in the NL vote for outfielders. Unless they are going with 13 outfielders this year, I kind of doubt he's goint to the all-star team, except if he's part of his brother's entourage.

Maybe if Jay Bruce didn't spend the month of April striking out, he would have more votes. People tend to form their views early.

In any event, this weekend is a high profile series for the Reds, ending in the Sunday night national telecast. If somebody like Choo has a good game, it could boost his voting. Choo is the only guy besides Votto/Phillips with a chance of starting based on votes IMO.

The real shame is that Reds starting pitchers don't have many "wins." Without the wins, it's hard to make the team. Latos and Leake should have a shot; Cueto was hurt by the injury time, but also deserves consideration; Bailey's last outing hurt him. Don't see Arroyo making it, but it's not impossible.

Likely result is Votto starting; Phillips starting or backup; Choo starting or backup; Chapman on team.
    LeCure may be a possibility.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

10. Likes:

Crumbley (06-04-2013), HeatherC1212 (06-04-2013), Kc61 (06-04-2013)

I'd be more than fine with Chapman as the only Reds P in the game. Let's our guys get a break and reload for the 2nd half.

I'd rather the staff stay underrated and driven (and extremely effective) than hyped up and cocky.

12. Likes:

remdog (06-07-2013)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Wow, that's great for Joey and Brandon (and I haven't even done my marathon voting yet, LOL ) and I'd love to also see Choo and LeCure make the team this year.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

throws 106. NBD.

Dynamite comment on the article in the OP:

Votto winning on name only. Only 10 home runs and 28 RBI at this point is not worth the $25 MILLION he gets paid. Heck, Fraizer has more RBI than that. He get paid to drive the ball, not singles and walks.

15. Likes:

bigredmechanism (06-05-2013)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Someone confusing Fantasy Baseball with Baseball Baseball.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

17. Likes:

bigredmechanism (06-05-2013), HeatherC1212 (06-05-2013), justincredible (06-04-2013), LexRedsFan (06-05-2013), NebraskaRed (06-04-2013), RedFanAlways1966 (06-06-2013)

throws 106. NBD.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Someone confusing Fantasy Baseball with Baseball Baseball.
    Yeah. It had been a while since I heard a "Votto isn't paid to X" argument. I guess I was wrong in thinking we were past that silliness.

Phillips is also leading.

Makes me sick that they select pitcher based on wins. How many times do we see well-pitched games that end up as losses due to no fault of the pitcher? I think it's a lousy stat that doesn't tell us very much.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Makes me sick that they select pitcher based on wins. How many times do we see well-pitched games that end up as losses due to no fault of the pitcher? I think it's a lousy stat that doesn't tell us very much.
    It's not like that's the sole criteria. They will probably have one or two StL guys going - if they can stay healthy - Harvey from the Mets, that kid from AZ who is 9-0, Samardzija from the Chubs, Kershaw from L.A. Maybe Burnett from PIT then they round it out with closers like Kimbrel, Chapman, etc
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    And a great retort in the OP?

Amongst NL 1B he's...
    t-1st in AVG
    1st in OBP
    2nd in SLG
    t-2nd in HR
    And that's not getting into all the advanced stats in which he ranks extremely high.

Sure his RBI are low but don't get me started on how that's a team dependent stat more than an individual one, just like runs scored (a stat in which he leads the MLB fyi).

Only getting votes based on his name? You are a moron.

22. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-05-2013)

8.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Truth View Post
    Mark McGwire got voted in batting .190-something one year. IIRC, he politely declined the invite.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?