Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 446

Thread: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

  1. #76
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,157

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Since BP got hurt what are they averaging? See I can use stats to help me too.
    3.5 runs per game. Small sample size may apply.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #77
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,345

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Am I wrong about that? I feel like I've heard it forever. Maybe it's just in terms of a normal 1-7 position player at the plate.
    You're probably thinking about walking the go-ahead or winning run. Bases loaded and 1 out if the next batter hits a ground ball, it's a double play or at the very least you can get the lead runner at home.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  4. #78
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,345

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    There are chicks in the NCAA softball championship who can hit the ball harder than Izturis.
    They are bigger, though.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  5. Likes:

    BluegrassRedleg (06-04-2013), WildcatFan (06-04-2013)

  6. #79
    Member Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Currently in MD
    Posts
    948

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    3.5 runs per game. Small sample size may apply.
    So you're saying that if we can do that, we win? Wasn't the argument that we'd lose down 3-0?
    Is it "next season" yet?

  7. #80
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,157

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You're probably thinking about walking the go-ahead or winning run. Bases loaded and 1 out if the next batter hits a ground ball, it's a double play or at the very least you can get the lead runner at home.
    You may be right. That's such a weird thing to have wrong in my head for several years.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

  8. #81
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,157

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    so you're saying that if we can do that, we win? Wasn't the argument that we'd lose down 3-0?
    too much math leave me alone.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

  9. #82
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    I think later in the game they walk to load the bases. Early in the game you try to stay away from the big inning. So you don't put on additional baserunners. Kinda like early you leave the infield back and late you bring them in. Or I could be entirely wrong.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  10. #83
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,157

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    I hope the Reds beat the Cardinals in all the games.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

  11. #84
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Bailey has never homered. Odd. He isn't a bad hitter and is certainly strong enough.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  12. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    147

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    The Reds go down 1-2-3, and that's the end of the third.

  13. #86
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,345

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I think later in the game they walk to load the bases. Early in the game you try to stay away from the big inning. So you don't put on additional baserunners. Kinda like early you leave the infield back and late you bring them in. Or I could be entirely wrong.
    It depends on the situation. If Miggy Cabrera or some mere mortal is up, you play the infield back and take your chances. But with the 8th place hitter up and the pitcher on deck, why wouldn't you walk him and try to get a DP with the pitcher up? I can see the strategy of pitching to the 8th place hitter since he's the 8th place hitter for a reason but why take your chances?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  14. #87
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It depends on the situation. If Miggy Cabrera or some mere mortal is up, you play the infield back and take your chances. But with the 8th place hitter up and the pitcher on deck, why wouldn't you walk him and try to get a DP with the pitcher up? I can see the strategy of pitching to the 8th place hitter since he's the 8th place hitter for a reason but why take your chances?
    I can see your point. I am just suggesting why they may have played it the way they did.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  15. #88
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It depends on the situation. If Miggy Cabrera or some mere mortal is up, you play the infield back and take your chances. But with the 8th place hitter up and the pitcher on deck, why wouldn't you walk him and try to get a DP with the pitcher up? I can see the strategy of pitching to the 8th place hitter since he's the 8th place hitter for a reason but why take your chances?
    I can see your point. I am just suggesting why they may have played it the way they did.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  16. #89
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,157

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Just read the story on the potential PED suspensions. Crazy stuff. I'd be thrilled to see Braun go down for cheating.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

  17. #90
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

    Or maybe Dusty just wants the Rally Onion to get in a little action tonight. Get that Onion warmed up for the St. Louis series.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25