Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: 6/4/2013 Rockies at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Since BP got hurt what are they averaging? See I can use stats to help me too.
    3.5 runs per game. Small sample size may apply.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Am I wrong about that? I feel like I've heard it forever. Maybe it's just in terms of a normal 1-7 position player at the plate.
    You're probably thinking about walking the go-ahead or winning run. Bases loaded and 1 out if the next batter hits a ground ball, it's a double play or at the very least you can get the lead runner at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    There are chicks in the NCAA softball championship who can hit the ball harder than Izturis.
    They are bigger, though.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

5. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (06-04-2013),WildcatFan (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    3.5 runs per game. Small sample size may apply.
    So you're saying that if we can do that, we win? Wasn't the argument that we'd lose down 3-0?
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You're probably thinking about walking the go-ahead or winning run. Bases loaded and 1 out if the next batter hits a ground ball, it's a double play or at the very least you can get the lead runner at home.
    You may be right. That's such a weird thing to have wrong in my head for several years.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    so you're saying that if we can do that, we win? Wasn't the argument that we'd lose down 3-0?
    too much math leave me alone.

I think later in the game they walk to load the bases. Early in the game you try to stay away from the big inning. So you don't put on additional baserunners. Kinda like early you leave the infield back and late you bring them in. Or I could be entirely wrong.

I hope the Reds beat the Cardinals in all the games.

Bailey has never homered. Odd. He isn't a bad hitter and is certainly strong enough.

The Reds go down 1-2-3, and that's the end of the third.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I think later in the game they walk to load the bases. Early in the game you try to stay away from the big inning. So you don't put on additional baserunners. Kinda like early you leave the infield back and late you bring them in. Or I could be entirely wrong.
    It depends on the situation. If Miggy Cabrera or some mere mortal is up, you play the infield back and take your chances. But with the 8th place hitter up and the pitcher on deck, why wouldn't you walk him and try to get a DP with the pitcher up? I can see the strategy of pitching to the 8th place hitter since he's the 8th place hitter for a reason but why take your chances?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

It depends on the situation. If Miggy Cabrera or some mere mortal is up, you play the infield back and take your chances. But with the 8th place hitter up and the pitcher on deck, why wouldn't you walk him and try to get a DP with the pitcher up? I can see the strategy of pitching to the 8th place hitter since he's the 8th place hitter for a reason but why take your chances?
    I can see your point. I am just suggesting why they may have played it the way they did.

I can see your point. I am just suggesting why they may have played it the way they did.

Just read the story on the potential PED suspensions. Crazy stuff. I'd be thrilled to see Braun go down for cheating.

Or maybe Dusty just wants the Rally Onion to get in a little action tonight. Get that Onion warmed up for the St. Louis series.

Turn Off Ads?