Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chris Perez goes all Cypress Hill

Chris Perez goes all Cypress Hill

http://news.yahoo.com/indians-closer...131650042.html

Except he went 5 oz, not just the single ounce in the mail.

Somehow I don't think this will help him win back the fan base -- unless he shares it with them, I guess...

This did make me wonder if pot is on the banned list (iirc it is), so would Perez be subject to a suspension? Again, can't recall where I saw it, but pretty sure he can't get 50 games for recreational type drugs.

Too bad Perez isn't a total ***** like Roger Clemons; he could have just blamed the wife like Roger did and have plausible deniability. His admission to the officers seems pretty cut and dried, so to speak...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chris Perez goes all Cypress Hill

30 days if convicted

Conviction for use of prohibited substances

First offense: 15 to 30 day suspension and/or a fine of up to $10,000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_L...icy#Discipline

Steroids are handled differently

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPete Ibold View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/indians-closer...131650042.html

Except he went 5 oz, not just the single ounce in the mail.

Somehow I don't think this will help him win back the fan base -- unless he shares it with them, I guess...

This did make me wonder if pot is on the banned list (iirc it is), so would Perez be subject to a suspension? Again, can't recall where I saw it, but pretty sure he can't get 50 games for recreational type drugs.

Too bad Perez isn't a total ***** like Roger Clemons; he could have just blamed the wife like Roger did and have plausible deniability. His admission to the officers seems pretty cut and dried, so to speak...
    Players on the 40-man roster are not subject to testing for pot, even if they are in the minor leagues. Minor leaguers not on the 40-man roster are tested for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    30 days if convicted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_L...icy#Discipline

Steroids are handled differently

Thx for the clarification.

Doubt he gets any league punishment, as he will likely get a diversion program or PJC or whatever that will prevent a "conviction".

Thx, Doug, did not know that making the league got you a free pass for weed. Fwiw, I thought MLB was supposed to crack down on it after the Josh Hancock death, but I guess they never did.

Turn Off Ads?