Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Gee to retire

Gordon Gee to retire

Not sure where to put this so the mods can move this if they please.

So was it something he said?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...ident-gee.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Gordon Gee to retire

Rumor is Brian Kelly to be offered the position as he now says its always been his dream job

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Not sure where to put this so the mods can move this if they please.

So was it something he said?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...ident-gee.html
    I actually got a good chuckle out of his Notre Dame quip. He went to far insulting Louisville, catholics in general,and SEC. The fathers are holy on Sunday and holy hell the rest of the week. Fits nd like a glove after watching them leech off big east (and contributing to the death be football).
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-05-2013),LoganBuck (06-04-2013)

He will truly be missed. But only by the folks in the OSU endowment office (no homo).

7. Likes:

coachpipe (06-05-2013),Joseph (06-04-2013)

I don't know why people can't tell a joke anymore. Now you have to check to see if there are any microphones around before you say stuff like this. The Catholics and the SEC should be able to deal with this

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-05-2013),jimbo (06-05-2013),LoganBuck (06-04-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (06-05-2013),TSJ55 (06-05-2013)

They should interview Tressel just to make the media howl!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Good riddance......been an embarrassment for a while now.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't know why people can't tell a joke anymore. Now you have to check to see if there are any microphones around before you say stuff like this. The Catholics and the SEC should be able to deal with this
    Were they really jokes though? It's easy to claim "joke" when you've received a lot of negative press.

13. Likes:

KYRedsFan (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It's not just telling jokes. It's shooting off your mouth. He was told again and again to not shoot off his mouth but he just loved the attention too much. College presidents should be seen and not heard. I'm sure he's a great guy and he's a great fundraiser but if he wants to be an entertainer, he should go to Vegas.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

He's a University President, not a radio DJ.

That pompous blowhard should have been fired, no way he should have been allowed to "retire"

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    He's a University President, not a radio DJ.

That pompous blowhard should have been fired, no way he should have been allowed to "retire"
    Raising $2.5 billion for the university will give you a little leeway.

The guy is everywhere on campus. My daughter has had her picture taken with him 3-4 times. He's been a good university president, but a lousy comedian and now an embarassment to the school.

I remember going to the Agonis Club in Dayton during the 70's and hearing coaches give talks. They all had dirty jokes and told inside gossip. Gee's comments would have fit right in. Times have changed though.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

You can't say the things he did about Catholics and be in the position he is in. You just can't do it. I'm sure he ticked off some big donors who are Catholic and they threatened to cut off support if he didn't go away. You would think someone like him would be smarter than that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    You can't say the things he did about Catholics and be in the position he is in. You just can't do it. I'm sure he ticked off some big donors who are Catholic and they threatened to cut off support if he didn't go away. You would think someone like him would be smarter than that.
    I wonder if he had just said that specifically about ND instead of Catholics if he would have been in as much hot water?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I wonder if he had just said that specifically about ND instead of Catholics if he would have been in as much hot water?
    Probably not. It would have been lumped into his SEC,UK and UL comments. Which isn't as big a deal. But when you throw one of the largest religious sects under the bus you are going to pay for it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Are you Catholic? As a Catholic I really don't care. Gee had "foot in mouth" disease which would make you chuckle but shake you head. As a President he was very active with the student body. He was a refreshing administrator after their previous President. He was a fantastic fundraiser and did a great deal of good for the university. Often times I just shook my head that someone in his position would say what he did, but I really didn't disagree with him.

21. Likes:

LoganBuck (06-05-2013)

Turn Off Ads?