Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Biggest need/want right now

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    590

    Biggest need/want right now

    Now that the season is filtering out some teams and the trade deadline on the horizon, I was thinking on who the Red's may target. Before who, what will they target? The obvious one would be LF but I feel like Ludwick coming back could be that "acquisition". It's a gamble but he's signed for 2 years so he's going to get a shot.

    I think we need another bullpen arm. The injury to Marshall and recent shakiness of Broxton is worrisome to me. It's not a dire situation but if it doesn't improve, I think a similar trade like last year will happen.

  2. Likes:

    smixsell (06-05-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #2
    It's showtime! RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    7,941

    Re: Biggest need/want right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    Now that the season is filtering out some teams and the trade deadline on the horizon, I was thinking on who the Red's may target. Before who, what will they target? The obvious one would be LF but I feel like Ludwick coming back could be that "acquisition". It's a gamble but he's signed for 2 years so he's going to get a shot.

    I think we need another bullpen arm. The injury to Marshall and recent shakiness of Broxton is worrisome to me. It's not a dire situation but if it doesn't improve, I think a similar trade like last year will happen.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm trying not to panic about the bullpen, but it feels like some reinforcements are needed. Fortunately, relievers tend to be more realistic targets at the deadline than do offensive powerhouses for LF.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

  5. #3
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Biggest need/want right now

    If we have to see Izturis play either SS or 2B every time Cozart or Phillips are out, I think we need to address middle infield depth.

  6. Likes:

    AtomicDumpling (06-04-2013), RedEye (06-04-2013), Redsfansince72 (06-05-2013), smixsell (06-05-2013)

  7. #4
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cincy West
    Posts
    4,925

    Re: Biggest need/want right now

    For the Cardinals to start losing

  8. Likes:

    AtomicDumpling (06-04-2013), Bumstead (06-05-2013), foxfire123 (06-04-2013), HeatherC1212 (06-05-2013), Old school 1983 (06-04-2013), oneupper (06-05-2013), Red in Chicago (06-04-2013), RedEye (06-04-2013), RedsManRick (06-04-2013), The Operator (06-05-2013), Trajinous (06-04-2013), westofyou (06-04-2013)

  9. #5
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: Biggest need/want right now

    I look at the reds situation and see some in house solutions for each aside from right handed power at LF/SS//3B. Yes I think a right handed bat should be explored at all of those positions, with one acquisition of course. It'd broaden the potential talent pool to choose from. I think that could be the biggest name acquisition that could happen, but the most likely I believe will be another bullpen arm. Also it seems that there are in house solutions like partch or cingrani. I still think Hamilton is an option in the outfield especially if the reds bring in a non outfield bat. So while it'd like to see the reds get a big righty bat, they may just play out what they have in ludwick return. The most realistic trade targets seem to be bullpen help and maybe righty bench/platoon help

  10. #6
    Member schroomytunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    wilmington n.c.
    Posts
    953

    Re: Biggest need/want right now

    I think that the current LF platoon will be Paul/ Robinson/ Heisey until Ludwick comes back, so I see some minor moves being made for the August-September stretch. One move I would like to see is this:

    Blue Jays trade:

    1) Emilio Benefacio-can play ss/2b/ of and would allow us to replace Isturis, and gives us speed off the bench and possible CF for 2014!

    2) Steve Delembert- middle reliever that would strengthen the 6-7 innings and give us a solid relief corp.

    Reds trade:

    1) Curtis Partch, Ryan LaMarre, and Logan Ondrusek

  11. Likes:

    mdccclxix (06-05-2013)

  12. #7
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,703

    Re: Biggest need/want right now

    LH Reliever but not just a body. Needs to be a high caliber guy.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  13. Likes:

    HokieRed (06-04-2013)

  14. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    280

    Re: Biggest need/want right now

    Reds have Henry Rodriguez down in AAA for middle infield depth, the only issue is his defense is not gold glove caliber.

    Our bullpen needs a another shutdown LHP, same with a RH power arm. Our system needs to draft relievers who can move quickly. We lack bullpen arms. especially left handed.

    This organization lacks a TRUE # 4 hitter, a RH prospect who can protect Votto, we have none coming up thru the system and that needs to change, like a Cespedes/Wil Myers/Puig/ etc..

    Pitching, pitching and pitching is what the Reds need. Starters and more importantly relievers who are homegrown and elite

  15. #9
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: Biggest need/want right now

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    If we have to see Izturis play either SS or 2B every time Cozart or Phillips are out, I think we need to address middle infield depth.
    I opined this in another thread, but I think Ronny Cedeno would be a reasonable target and a decent upgrade to Izturis.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  16. #10
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,836

    Re: Biggest need/want right now

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    LH Reliever but not just a body. Needs to be a high caliber guy.
    You mean like Sean Marshall?

    If he can get healthy, and Parra can be effective as the LOOGY, I think the bluupen will be a strength again.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  17. Likes:

    mth123 (06-05-2013)

  18. #11
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,703

    Re: Biggest need/want right now

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You mean like Sean Marshall?

    If he can get healthy, and Parra can be effective as the LOOGY, I think the bluupen will be a strength again.
    That will make it better. I still want another.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  19. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: Biggest need/want right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Reds have Henry Rodriguez down in AAA for middle infield depth, the only issue is his defense is not gold glove caliber.

    Our bullpen needs a another shutdown LHP, same with a RH power arm. Our system needs to draft relievers who can move quickly. We lack bullpen arms. especially left handed.

    This organization lacks a TRUE # 4 hitter, a RH prospect who can protect Votto, we have none coming up thru the system and that needs to change, like a Cespedes/Wil Myers/Puig/ etc..

    Pitching, pitching and pitching is what the Reds need. Starters and more importantly relievers who are homegrown and elite
    How has Emmanuel Burris played so far this year?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25