Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Something wrong with Cueto? Cueto to DL, Villareal to MLB

Re: Something wrong with Cueto?

Glass Half Full: Isn't it entirely possible that they simply want Cueto and Leake to flip flop spots? Cueto is essentially in the 4 spot. Swapping the 2 puts him back at the number one. Maybe the discussion was to see if Leake could go on short rest? Answers the "we'll see tomorrow" part.

Glass Half Empty: Cueto is still fatigued from his last start and not ready to go. The oblique is still acting up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I love Hal, but he has a history of speculation, and a history of being wrong about it.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

4. Likes:

CySeymour (06-05-2013),HeatherC1212 (06-05-2013),kbrake (06-05-2013),OnBaseMachine (06-05-2013)

Hopefully this is some gamesmanship for the StL series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I could see it being this:

Cueto felt sore again after his start; just wasn't recovering as they would want. So they're going to have him skip a few starts and spend some time tweaking his windup.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I love Hal, but he has a history of speculation, and a history of being wrong about it.
    To be fair, he did state right at the top that it was pure speculation and was just passing along his observations basically.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    His name is not in the ESPN report. So I doubt its that.
    I doubt it as well, but let's remember that there were supposedly a bunch of names in there using codenames and such.

I could see it more as two unrelated things. The medical staff talking about Phillips, and maybe a rotation work-over for the StL series.

10. Likes:

redsfandan (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I could see it being this:

Cueto felt sore again after his start; just wasn't recovering as they would want. So they're going to have him skip a few starts and spend some time tweaking his windup.
    A couple of starts? Then DL him. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    700 wlw claims that we would know in a couple hours if he would make his start. They said it was a slight re-aggravation of injury that DL'ed him

But maybe 700 wlw's report was based off Hal

Pretty sure reds are moving Cueto to bullpen and 8th inning duty...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

14. Likes:

bigfunguy (06-05-2013),Bumstead (06-05-2013),cumberlandreds (06-05-2013),hebroncougar (06-05-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (06-05-2013)

It'd make sense to flip him and Leake if it's at all possible, so we have Cueto going against Wainwright. The question is whether or not Baker puts enough stock in the upcoming series with St. Louis to do so. Contrary to the manager cliche's, not all games count the same when you can put a dent in your opponents record and give yourself a boost at the same time.

I really hope it's not a re-aggravation of his oblique.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Truth View Post
    Glass Half Full: Isn't it entirely possible that they simply want Cueto and Leake to flip flop spots? Cueto is essentially in the 4 spot. Swapping the 2 puts him back at the number one. Maybe the discussion was to see if Leake could go on short rest? Answers the "we'll see tomorrow" part.

Glass Half Empty: Cueto is still fatigued from his last start and not ready to go. The oblique is still acting up.
    This would fit with the report I mentioned of wanting to adjust the rotation and looking for the chance to do that.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I know we don't know for sure whether Cueto's oblique problems are due to his windup, but I have to say watching him now does make me cringe a bit. It just sort of looks painful the way he twists with that little hitch.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

This def is not good, hopefully he is fine. We would be in serious trouble without Cueto. I also think it could be about Votto, he should get the day off tonight, same with BP and Choo, it'd be nice to get these 3 rested before the St Louis series. 2 days off would refresh them. My line up tonight:

Robinson- CF
    Cozart
    Bruce
    Frazier
    X Paul
    Hannahan
    Mesoraco/Hanigan
    Izturis

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    This def is not good, hopefully he is fine. We would be in serious trouble without Cueto. I also think it could be about Votto, he should get the day off tonight, same with BP and Choo, it'd be nice to get these 3 rested before the St Louis series. 2 days off would refresh them. My line up tonight:

Robinson- CF
    Cozart
    Bruce
    Frazier
    X Paul
    Hannahan
    Mesoraco/Hanigan
    Izturis
    With BP likely still out, now aint the time for a day off for Choo or Votto. If you sit both, you outta just forfeit and let everybody rest.

Turn Off Ads?