Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Something wrong with Cueto? Cueto to DL, Villareal to MLB

Re: Something wrong with Cueto? Cueto to DL, Villareal to MLB

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Can some of you guys root for the Cardinals? Mean spirited and vicious. Oh yeah, and grossly inaccurate.
    Poor interpretation...try again. Replies like this are just sad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    Everything is better with gravy.
    No, everything is better with bacon. But, if there's bacon gravy let me know. I'll buy that.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

4. Likes:

Bumstead (06-07-2013)

Put down the fourth drink, it's 10:30. Oh, you're not a drunk? I'm just speculating is all.

6. Likes:

redsfandan (06-07-2013), Tom Servo (06-07-2013)

Put down the fourth drink, it's 10:30. Oh, you're not a drunk? I'm just speculating is all.
    Uh...what? Maybe they have a forum for nonsense type posts somewhere. Personal attacks are generally not accepted here. At least that's what I've been told.

OK. I will let the mods interpret it then. Certainly pointless regarding the topic.

It's blinders and I mentioned a 4th cheeseburger 1 time, not repeatedly. And I clearly backed off the fat comments, but then you would have had to actually read that to get it. Wells and CC are and have been a lot bigger with much bigger frames than Cueto their entire lives. Their stature is irrelevant in regards to Cueto.

Bum
    Though not stated by you, he's been compared to Broxton in this thread too.

A guy that is 6'4"

Nonsense like posting he's fat just spurs other nonsense posts. And it's all in the tone.

Like this:

"I wonder if Cueto's increased size and twisty mechanics are leading to possible weakness in his back? We know from MULTIPLE reports what a workout fiend he is, running all the time, so his core strength and legs aren't the issue, but is the stress and added size too much for a guy of his stature?"

or we can just call him a big fatty.
    Suck it up cupcake.

11. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-07-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I vote we close this thread. It's no longer about the topic, it's about fat or not fat and it's about posters taking jabs at one another.

Redszone has gotten positively mean spirited the past few months. Considering where the team is...it's mind boggling to me.

*shuts door as he leaves*
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

13. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-07-2013), redsfandan (06-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Though not stated by you, he's been compared to Broxton in this thread too.

A guy that is 6'4"

Nonsense like posting he's fat just spurs other nonsense posts. And it's all in the tone.

Like this:

"I wonder if Cueto's increased size and twisty mechanics are leading to possible weakness in his back? We know from MULTIPLE reports what a workout fiend he is, running all the time, so his core strength and legs aren't the issue, but is the stress and added size too much for a guy of his stature?"

or we can just call him a big fatty.
    I never compared him to Broxton, which you said, and I think it is a terrible comparison. I can't put tone into typed text, only the reader can do that. Many, many people would do well to understand that. I didn't post the quoted text either....I think him carrying more weight on his frame could lead to the type of injuries that are occurring; that's my stance and it is certainly plausible and he has certainly added quite a bit of weight to his frame.

As to other posters popping in just to fire off personal attacks, having not even participated in the conversation, that's uncalled for. Not referring to you TRF. I respect your opinion and I have backed off the "fat" part which you should have noticed. He's a great pitcher and I'm a big fan of his; I just want him to pitch; the Reds need him to pitch. Sometimes I think this new generation of players is too muscle-y for their own good and suffer injuries as a result. Eric Davis was one of my favorite players ever; that guy had like 6% body fat. I always wondered if he wasn't so "tight" if he could have survived a whole season here and there...

Bum

I would hope anybody who just saw Fox's video of Cueto running in a non baggy jersey put to bed any talk that he was out of shape, for multiple reasons.
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldnít do it." - Brad Kullman

16. Likes:

Raisor (06-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I would hope anybody who just saw Fox's video of Cueto running in a non baggy jersey put to bed any talk that he was out of shape, for multiple reasons.
    Round is a shape too!

18. Likes:

reds44 (06-08-2013)

If and when Phil Ervin makes the majors, I predict we'll be having this same asinine debate about another ripped, 5'10", 200-pound professional athlete.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Turn Off Ads?