Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players you think are on the steroid list

Re: Players you think are on the steroid list

Tommy Lasorda. Dude's put on a ton of mass in recent years. Not to mention the crazy shape of his head. Those are some telling signs.

2. Likes:

919191 (06-23-2013),Dwarftree (06-25-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    He had a two year period in NY where he was injured, otherwise the whole often injured mantra is overblown. He's played in 140+ games 11 times in his 16 year career and one of those years was a year where he just played 14 games as a late season call up at 21 years old.
    Agreed, he always had a ton of natural talent.

Andy Pettitte is a devout Christian and pretty much the last person I would have suspected. He used. Just sayin'.

6. Likes:

MikeThierry (06-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I think the whole Cardinals organization needs to be tested. They're past indicates they promote that kind of stuff with McGwire. And TLR's former days in Oakland with Canseco and McGwire. I wouldn't put it past TLR promoting steroids or even selling the stuff to his players. He seemed like that kind of guy and the Cards organization would do anything to get an edge.

Look at Rosenthal last night. Goes from obscurity to suddenly throwing 100 mph. Something is up there. Huge red flag.
    huh?? When they drafted him, he was already pitching in the mid-90's. When the Cards scouted him, he just transitioned from a SS to a pitcher so there wasn't a whole lot of scouts clamoring for him as a pitcher at the time because he only pitched 4 innings in his college career. It's not unreasonable for a young guy, who already threw mid-90's with limited pitching experience, to gain slight velocity after getting more experience and learning how to pitch. The Cardinals took a flyer on him believing he had huge upside and it's paid off. You might want to attribute the success of Rosenthal to the Cardinals taking risks in the draft and good development rather than anything nefarious.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    huh?? When they drafted him, he was already pitching in the mid-90's. When the Cards scouted him, he just transitioned from a SS to a pitcher so there wasn't a whole lot of scouts clamoring for him as a pitcher at the time because he only pitched 4 innings in his college career. It's not unreasonable for a young guy, who already threw mid-90's with limited pitching experience, to gain slight velocity after getting more experience and learning how to pitch. The Cardinals took a flyer on him believing he had huge upside and it's paid off. You might want to attribute the success of Rosenthal to the Cardinals taking risks in the draft and good development rather than anything nefarious.
    He already said it was a joke on the last page Mike

Marco Scutaro. Career year at 37? uh-huh

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I think the whole Cardinals organization needs to be tested. They're past indicates they promote that kind of stuff with McGwire. And TLR's former days in Oakland with Canseco and McGwire. I wouldn't put it past TLR promoting steroids or even selling the stuff to his players. He seemed like that kind of guy and the Cards organization would do anything to get an edge.

Look at Rosenthal last night. Goes from obscurity to suddenly throwing 100 mph. Something is up there. Huge red flag.
    I don't think just the Cardinals players, I'm beginning to think maybe at least a year of mandatory weekly testing for every player on a MLB roster. It would ferret out the occasional users, as well as the regulars. And if nothing else, raise public opinion that MLB "is doing something about it".

Overkill? You betcha. Incredibly expensive? You betcha. Players association having a fit and fall into it? You betcha. Players and media having fits and falling in? You betcha.

But it might stop this questioning once and for all.

I think the far more important question is: How would you react if a Reds player, who has been convicted of juicing comes to his first at bat after his suspension?

While i certainly hope it will not happen: Should one of our guys would be that one, i sincerely hope all of the GABP crowd would BOO! the heck out of him. Show these cheaters that we don´t want that in any sports. Even if it concerns one of "our" players. Pack your bag and get the heck outta here.

If you're not cheatin you're not trying

Don Cameron
    Nice guys finish last

I hope baseball puts this legacy and these shenanigans behind it soon.

I get that before it was specifically Verboten, that PEDs may have helped spark baseball's resurgence (Big Mac and Sosa)..... but I think everyone can agree now that there is no room for it these days.

Turn Off Ads?