Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players you think are on the steroid list

Players you think are on the steroid list

With names like Braun and A-Rod already known, who are the other players you think may be on the list?

I'm hoping no Reds are on it, but I think that may a little naïve.

Before I go on here, I'm going to answer a question Mike T. and other Cardinal fans are sure to ask. I live near St. Louis, and I'm recently divorced. I don't have the funds for the MLB package, but I do bug one of my neighbors to watch his TV sometimes. Right now I'm paying for my wife and her boyfriend to live in my house while I'm in a crappy apartment. So, I watch a lot of Cards games and root against them, because that's what the funds allow.

With that being said, I have to say I won't be surprised to see Adam Wainwright on the list. He looks like he's put on 20 pounds of muscle since last year. The other obvious Cardinal would be Matt Holliday, and perhaps Carlos Beltran. Others have mentioned Molina, but I really haven't seen his body change that much. As much as I don't like him and think he's overrated, I'm not sure he's on something, although his power last year suggest he may be.

So, for all of those who get to watch the Reds on a regular basis, who do you think may be on the juice, if anyone at all?

2. Likes:

Hey Meat (06-09-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Players you think are on the steroid list

Since it is usually guilt by association one Red was Pete Rose, but then again Bonds also hung around steroid users and dealers and he wad never caught. I am sure Pete would never look for an edge.

Don Cameron
    A legend on his own mind.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I too think all the best players on my favorite team's rival team are on steroids.

6. Likes:

SporkLover (06-05-2013)

EMAW

I am horrible at guessing this stuff, Neifi Perez was on the list and he would have been the last guy on my guess list.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I too think all the best players on my favorite team's rival team are on steroids.
    Isn't that a coincidence!

Note that it's not just steroids, it's all kinds of performance enhancing drugs, which the steroid family is just one. They also look at other synthetic hormone usage, and for drugs that can be a pick me up through the summer (amphetamines). So the stereotype of the big bulky guys Isn't the only stereotype in play here. (think Armstrong and blood doping)

If they do go after folks and the MLBPA allows it.... I bet the list will be very surprising. There are lots of older players out there that just seem to never tire through the summer grind.... Amphetamines can just be the reason why.

Seeing Yasmani Grandal possibly on the list, I hope his association does not date back to the time he was in the Reds organization. These things can sometimes be contageous within teams.

My one guess - living in Milwaukee - would be Jean Segura (in addition to Braun, of course).

Yadier Molina and Domonic Brown.

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMO View Post
    With that being said, I have to say I won't be surprised to see Adam Wainwright on the list. He looks like he's put on 20 pounds of muscle since last year.
    You MUST be joking! First of all...he is one of the biggest Christians you will ever find. He's also highly moral and big on ethics. He would be the last person in the world I would believe to be on steroids. I'd even put him behind David Eckstein.

As for the gaining 20 pounds, he had a bet going with Lance Lynn in the offseason. Lynn was to lose weight, Wainwright was to gain muscle. Both succeeded in their goals as you can clearly see by looking at them.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

13. Likes:

CardsFanBob (06-10-2013),IntheCards (07-10-2013)

Grandal probably is. Yonder Alonso? Anybody associated with Miami could be on it. Carlos Beltran is a guess of mine. Goes from oft injured OF to all of a sudden great hitter with tremendous bat speed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey View Post
    You MUST be joking! First of all...he is one of the biggest Christians you will ever find. He's also highly moral and big on ethics. He would be the last person in the world I would believe to be on steroids. I'd even put him behind David Eckstein.

As for the gaining 20 pounds, he had a bet going with Lance Lynn in the offseason. Lynn was to lose weight, Wainwright was to gain muscle. Both succeeded in their goals as you can clearly see by looking at them.
    Yeah because no Christian has ever been hypocritical and done one thing while preaching the other.

That said, of course the OP was going to put the Cardinals best players on there. His whole modus operandi since he's joined here as been illogical, bordering on psychotic, opinions about Cardinals players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmiller21kg View Post
    Grandal probably is. Yonder Alonso? Anybody associated with Miami could be on it. Carlos Beltran is a guess of mine. Goes from oft injured OF to all of a sudden great hitter with tremendous bat speed again.
    He had a two year period in NY where he was injured, otherwise the whole often injured mantra is overblown. He's played in 140+ games 11 times in his 16 year career and one of those years was a year where he just played 14 games as a late season call up at 21 years old.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I think the whole Cardinals organization needs to be tested. They're past indicates they promote that kind of stuff with McGwire. And TLR's former days in Oakland with Canseco and McGwire. I wouldn't put it past TLR promoting steroids or even selling the stuff to his players. He seemed like that kind of guy and the Cards organization would do anything to get an edge.

Look at Rosenthal last night. Goes from obscurity to suddenly throwing 100 mph. Something is up there. Huge red flag.

Yeah, when your team loses the other team must have cheated.

Logic town here we come

19. Likes:

MikeThierry (06-13-2013),RedlegJake (06-10-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yeah, when your team loses the other team must have cheated.

Logic town here we come
    .....or maybe just having a little fun with the Cards posters on here. I guess that went over your head.

Turn Off Ads?