Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

Smooth play by Hannahan at 2B.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    No, I didn't say "too low" ... I said "too high."

You were right the first time. Haha. Keeping pitchers on their scheduled day in Louisville is not even a priority at all if there is a possibility the Reds need help. I can't believe the organization blew this one.
    I guess I don't know high from low. But we make the same point, LOL.

Double play, very helpful. Pedro get the next guy, then Dusty start Simon throwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Smooth play by Hannahan at 2B.
    You picking on Jack?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Disruption of Tony's AAA start is about number 584 on the list of priorities. Tony could rest for two extra days while they figure it out. They should have told him to go to the movies Monday and Tuesday. I would have bought him 3D glasses.

Using this pitcher IS unacceptable. The Rockies pitcher is very beatable and the Reds are now in a dogfight because Tony got to stay on schedule at AAA.
    LOL. No, the Reds are in a "dogfight" tonight because 2 very good hitters hit 2 very long homeruns. Any pitcher on our staff was capable of giving up a long ball to either one of those guys.

You guys are making it out like Pedro Villarreal is the regular starter for the Bad News Bears. He is a perfect example of an emergency starter or a AAAA pitcher.

As for your plan for Cingrani...what if Cueto WAS able to go tonight...but after the game Cueto mentioned again that it was bothering him a bit...hold Tony out even longer? You don't just put things on hold in the minors "just in case" something happens in Cincy.

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-05-2013)

does young have a neck?

I hope we aren't planning our patented "Sit on our first inning runs" plan tonight.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    LOL. No, the Reds are in a "dogfight" tonight because 2 very good hitters hit 2 very long homeruns. Any pitcher on our staff was capable of giving up a long ball to either one of those guys.

You guys are making it out like Pedro Villarreal is the regular starter for the Bad News Bears. He is a perfect example of an emergency starter or a AAAA pitcher.

As for your plan for Cingrani...what if Cueto WAS able to go tonight...but after the game Cueto mentioned again that it was bothering him a bit...hold Tony out even longer? You don't just put things on hold in the minors "just in case" something happens in Cincy.
    Charles, I respect your views, you are a fine poster.

But I disagree with just about every word of the post quoted above.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

No, I think it's silly to disrupt anybody's schedule until you know something. They hadn't made the decision whether he was going to start today or not. Heck, let's sit the entire AAA club...just in case we may need one of them tomorrow. If you've got enough time to make a determination, sure...organize things and get the right man up here for the job. But sometimes you don't have that much time because you would prefer to let Cueto pitch. I bet they didn't know which way they'd go until yesterday or today.
    You had a week, disrupt his schedule. If its not needed, great, if it is he's pitching tonight. Timing was not the problem, poor management was.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

He is not a AAAA pitcher. He is barely a AAA pitcher.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Then we would have blamed the offense for not scoring enough runs and Dusty for not pulling Cingrani sooner.

Negativity is not just an artform, but a way of life on Redszone.
    When fans are frustrated about something -- and express reasonable opinions as to why they are frustrated -- why do you feel it's your job to make fun of said fans? We all want the Reds to win. Some get frustrated at things and like to discuss it with other Reds fans. As long as people are speaking intellectually and not just spouting off at the mouth, I don't think Reds fans making fun of other Reds fans is healthy.

When you're frustrated about something, would you want someone making fun of you for being frustrated about it? That might make it even worse, ya know?

If someone posts something like "This guy sucks -- I hate him, what a POS" that's a horrible post right there.

But if someone says "I don't agree with this" and then proceeds to explain why, I don't see why another Reds fan would have a problem with that. Isn't that exactly what message boards are for? A place to discuss topics with your peers? As long as people aren't going overboard and breaking the rules, I just don't get ripping on Reds fans for critiquing certain moves.

For those listening on the radio, Thom is currently railing on the fact the Rockies aren't wearing hats in the dugout.

14. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-05-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    No, I didn't say "too low" ... I said "too high."

You were right the first time. Haha. Keeping pitchers on their scheduled day in Louisville is not even a priority at all if there is a possibility the Reds need help. I can't believe the organization blew this one.
    This is what's cracking me up. There is ALWAYS a posibility that the Reds will need help. At any and every position. Far from a blown decision IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    You picking on Jack?
    Wasn't sarcastic, it was a nice turn.

Thom talking about players wearing/not wearing a hat on the bench. June 5 and he has officially run out of things to talk about.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Alright, yank him.

18. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (06-05-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (06-05-2013)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Thom really going to go on a tirade about guys not wearing a hat in the dugout??? Really???

Those mid-July games with temps 90-plus, damn right I'm taking my hat off as often as possible.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?