Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

Go BABY!!! Paul! BIG FLY! 4-1 Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Atta boy, XP!

Platoon Heisey (when back) and Paul until Ludwick comes back. Next Question.

XMan is a very sound hitter. He does some things I like. That was an outstanding at bat. He was not thrown by a terrible strike called on the third pitch.

Really think Xavier is very underrated.

6. Likes:

ProfessorTofty (06-05-2013)

Hannahan strikes out, but at the end of 1, it's 4-1 Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Agree. But no way should Pedro pitch next time. That would be the stuff of a long thread.
    Let me put it this way...do you want Tony to work on his secondary stuff at the big league level and get pounded...or work on his stuff in the minors? I bet the Reds want him to work on stuff at the place designed for players to "work on stuff". The minors.

Yes, I think Cingrani is better than Pedro...but is coming up right now better for Cingrani or is it better for him to stay put for now? I'm not sure everybody is asking the right question. Our focus is on the Reds and right here and now...a wider lens is sometimes helpful.

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-05-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I could care less who they brought up to start this game and maybe another. As Dusty said it will hopefully be 1 maybe 2 games. I don't think you bring Cingrani up for 2 starts and waste an option on him. IMHO he needs to be in Louisville working on his secondary pitches. But hey, thats just me!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I could care less who they brought up to start this game and maybe another. As Dusty said it will hopefully be 1 maybe 2 games. I don't think you bring Cingrani up for 2 starts and waste an option on him. IMHO he needs to be in Louisville working on his secondary pitches. But hey, thats just me!
    Has an option not been used so far?

12. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Platoon Heisey (when back) and Paul until Ludwick comes back. Next Question.
    I've been very impressed with Lutz and Robinson as well though. I don't want to see it just be those 2 guys and bench Lutz and Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Let me put it this way...do you want Tony to work on his secondary stuff at the big league level and get pounded...or work on his stuff in the minors? I bet the Reds want him to work on stuff at the place designed for players to "work on stuff". The minors.

Yes, I think Cingrani is better than Pedro...but is coming up right now better for Cingrani or is it better for him to stay put for now? I'm not sure everybody is asking the right question. Our focus is on the Reds and right here and now...a wider lens is sometimes helpful.
    My wide lens says letting Tony start a couple more games for the Reds and then returning to Louisville won't stunt his growth.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Has an option not been used so far?
    Not gonna lie, don't know exactly how all that works, but Im sure they have. Wouldn't they use another if they brought him up again?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I've been very impressed with Lutz and Robinson as well though. I don't want to see it just be those 2 guys and bench Lutz and Robinson.
    Then you will really be upset about Lutz's upcoming demotion.

My wide lens says letting Tony start a couple more games for the Reds and then returning to Louisville won't stunt his growth.
    You may be right. I'm just pointing out that this may not be the way the Reds F.O. is thinking. And that bringing up Pedro might not be the "dumb" or "stupid" move that some are making it out to be.

Not gonna lie, don't know exactly how all that works, but Im sure they have. Wouldn't they use another if they brought him up again?
    Nope, only 1 a year.

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-05-2013)

It's an option "year". Once you burn it, he can be yo-yo'd up and down all season long...still just one option.

Turn Off Ads?