Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

And that's the last of the 3 hits I said he was allotted.

2. Turn Off Ads?

And that's a fly to end the inning. So out of the inning with only one run scored.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Not really. I think people are assuming that they wanted to bring up Cingrani again. I don't think they want to. I think they want him to stay down there and work on his secondary stuff. Johnny told them about the muscle after the game...they needed to find out how it responded to rest and exercise...that took time. From the sounds of things, we're looking at needing someone for maybe 2 starts...Pedro should be expected to be able to fill that small void. If not, he should be released IMO.
    So in the thick of a pennant race, the Reds are just running guys out there to see if they can fill a void? If so, this team just took a huge step back in my book. These guys pitch in September when you are out of it or already have it locked up. If they knew about Cueto, they should have worked it to get Cingrani on this day. If he's not needed, great, if he is, he's pitching tonight.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

1: Pedro goes 7 of 3 hit / 1 run ball.
    Okay, now he just needs to throw a no-hit shutout for the next 6 innings. Strap in Pedro!

At least he gave up the home run at the right time.

Hope the bats of the good guys are hot tonight....gonna need the runs.

Choo pops out in foul territory.

Cozart in with a double at the wall!

Alright, get this run back.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    So in the thick of a pennant race, the Reds are just running guys out there to see if they can fill a void? If so, this team just took a huge step back in my book. These guys pitch in September when you are out of it or already have it locked up. If they knew about Cueto, they should have worked it to get Cingrani on this day. If he's not needed, great, if he is, he's pitching tonight.
    I think you're missing my point. They see Cingrani as a long-term solution. In order to get the most out of that, he needs to work on that secondary stuff. Why scrub that plan for 1 or 2 starts? He has not been succeeding lately IIRC. He's clearly working on that stuff they want him to. So let him work on it.

Villareal is not a scrub. He's a starting pitcher at the AAA level who got a call up last year. He may get tattooed tonight...but I think the Reds have confidence in Pedro to keep the Reds in a game.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 06-05-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: typo

Some great baserunning by Cozart there to make second.

boo tulowitzki
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Is it just me or was Votto just jogging to first?

Not really. I think people are assuming that they wanted to bring up Cingrani again. I don't think they want to. I think they want him to stay down there and work on his secondary stuff. Johnny told them about the muscle after the game...they needed to find out how it responded to rest and exercise...that took time. From the sounds of things, we're looking at needing someone for maybe 2 starts...Pedro should be expected to be able to fill that small void. If not, he should be released IMO.
    Reds are in no position to waste ballgames using their third or fourth best AAA pitcher.

My guess is they made a calculated decision that Cueto would likely pitch tonight and so they didn't rearrange the AAA rotation. It backfired.

Even if Pedro V throws a three hitter and goes the route, I would have Cingrani pitch next time.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Galarraga isn't on the 40-man, but I'd have rather seen him up here pitching.

I think you're missing my point. They see Cingrani as a long-term solution. In order to get the most out of that, he needs to work on that secondary stuff. Why scrub that plan for 1 or 2 starts? He has not been succeeding lately. He's clearly working on that stuff they want him to. So let him work on it.

Villareal is not a scrub. He's a starting pitcher at the AAA level who got a call up last year. He may get tattooed tonight...but I think the Reds have confidence in Pedro to keep the Reds in a game.
    I understand what you are saying, I just don't agree with this philosophy. At this point, you are trying to win games at the MLB level. To me, that means running your best out there and I think Cingrani is clearly better than Villareal.

Turn Off Ads?