Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

What facts do we know about when the front office knew about Cueto?

2. Turn Off Ads?

This had been a great game thread tonight. Every post is pure gold. We may disagree on some things, but there are a ton of clever SOBs on here!
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Is Villarreal already on a bus back to Louisville, or are they going to let him pretend to be a MLB player for a couple hours longer?
    They were showcasing him for a possible trade with the Rockies.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Let's pick up the slack offense. Need a pick me up!!!

I usually don't comment here much anymore, but if there was ever a bad decision made this may have been it. Nothing impressive about him at all and throw him up against the hard hitting Rockies? And Garland now looks like Cy Young. The Reds would have been better off pitching 4 relievers for two innings.

Just DL Cueto until the AS break and bring up Cingrani.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

7. Likes:

Vottomatic (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    What facts do we know about when the front office knew about Cueto?
    Per C. Trent, Cueto felt a twinge during the eighth inning on Friday and immediately informed the training staff.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    LOL. I haven't seen anybody defending this guy. If you thought I was...try re-reading.
    Yeah you were. You called him a AAAA pitcher (untrue) and anybody on the staff could have given up those home runs. What were those points if not defending him?

I think the Reds scoring four runs in the first inning is starting to turn into some kind of jinx.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I will say this.

"Just make it a bullpen game" is easier said than done.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Still on the Villareal train for the next time thru the rotation? You are allowed to change your mind.
    Depends on what the Reds want to do. If they don't want to mess with Cingrani right now (and that a plausible thought), then if they want to bring up someone else, it requires us to release (or DFA) someone, right? Is 1 start worth doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Then we would have blamed the offense for not scoring enough runs and Dusty for not pulling Cingrani sooner.

Negativity is not just an artform, but a way of life on Redszone.
    Myself and a lot of fans have waited a long time for a championship. We have made the playoffs what, 3 times since the 1990 Championship? And have been booted out early each time. The management knows we are close, and should be doing everything in its' power to get us there. Get us the players we need NOW. It could be years before we are close again. Giving away games like this is just maddening. How do you not be negative when they pull this crap like tonight, and also bring in bargain basement bench players just to fill out the roster? And now we're going to fry the bullpen before a very important divisional series.
    Last edited by 50YrRedsFan; 06-05-2013 at 08:51 PM.

14. Likes:

Vottomatic (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    They knew Cueto was in discomfort after his start in Pittsburgh. It would have been very easy to have Louisville reshuffle their rotation so the Reds could add a guy that has a chance.
    I'm sure they believed Cueto could make his start or else it would have been Cingrani. It was just last night that there was a meeting with the medical staff from what I read.

We've already lost Cueto before and we saw who Walt's replacement was, I'm sure that will be the case again when things can get normalized. It would be irresponsible to throw him out there on short rest.

16. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I usually don't comment here much anymore, but if there was ever a bad decision made this may have been it. Nothing impressive about him at all and throw him up against the hard hitting Rockies? And Garland now looks like Cy Young. The Reds would have been better off pitching 4 relievers for two innings.
    Dude, we got our 4 runs. We're good. Oh wait, they have 6!?
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Per C. Trent, Cueto felt a twinge during the eighth inning on Friday and immediately informed the training staff.
    Oh man, this makes our organization look like a clown show if it's true. I hope it's not.

Course, maybe "Doc Hollywood" said "Nothing to see here" and moved on. We'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Depends on what the Reds want to do. If they don't want to mess with Cingrani right now (and that a plausible thought), then if they want to bring up someone else, it requires us to release (or DFA) someone, right? Is 1 start worth doing that?
    Yes. There are expendable guys and/or guys that would not be claimed on the 40 man.

Turn Off Ads?