Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Myself and a lot of fans have waited a long time for a championship. We have made the playoffs what, 3 times since the 1990 Championship? And have been booted out early each time. The management knows we are close, and should be doing everything in its' power to get us there. Get us the players we need NOW. It could be years before we close again. Giving away games like this is just maddening. How do you not be negative when they pull this crap like tonight, and also bring in bargain basement bench players just to fill out the roster? And now we're going to fry the bullpen before a very important divisional series.
    Because if every loss, upwards of 70+ of them each year, makes you that miserable, you should probably have chosen another hobby a long time ago.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    IAnd Garland now looks like Cy Young.
    Err, four runs in three innings. Cy Young lost a whole mess of games, though, in his career.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I really would like to know what Dusty's thinking was there. He just walked a guy and gave up a hit with two outs, and already had given up a HR to CarGo.
    Probable response if you did ask ask the question: "Ha. Whatever, man. Maybe you should be managing."
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

5. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (06-05-2013),Vottomatic (06-05-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Quad A pitchers dominate AAA, that's not the case here.
    Not really true IMO. Pitchers that dominate AAA are MLB pitchers. IMO AAAA pitchers are guys not good enough for the bigs but are good enough for AAA. Basically AAA is their ceiling.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Probable response if you did ask ask the question: "Ha. Whatever, man. Maybe you should be managing."
    That was a deep, thoughtful response!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Dusty is glad the Rockies are hitting home runs. That way they aren't clogging up the bases.

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Thanks! Oh wait, do you mean my response or Dusty's?
    Last edited by RedEye; 06-05-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Err, four runs in three innings. Cy Young lost a whole mess of games, though, in his career.
    None since the first .

I guess four runs in the first is the Reds Kryptonite.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

12. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yes. There are expendable guys and/or guys that would not be claimed on the 40 man.
    But to clarify, I wouldn't do that, I'd go with Tony.

Even from the crowd who freaks out every time we get behind here I expected a free pass tonight. It was a bad situation where we had to throw a guy out there who shouldn't be here. Not often I'm surprised when I check a game thread lol.

Anyway, the offense will get us more.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-05-2013)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Because if every loss, upwards of 70+ of them each year, makes you that miserable, you should probably have chosen another hobby a long time ago.
    hah -- golf is my hobby -- I'm very comfortable with failure on my part -- it is other's failures that I dislike

The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    The irony here. Oh, the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    The irony here. Oh, the irony.
    It works on so many levels!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Reds waited until the last minute to announce the pitching change to keep attendance good tonight. D'oh!

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Villareal is just not an MLB caliber pitcher. He was awful. He's organizational depth.

We may yet pull out this game but dang...this team is so frustrating. The talent; the potential...it's all there. But we keep getting tripped up by injuries, slumps, bad luck...

Starting to wonder if Cueto's just an eggshell. I never wanted to before but I'm to the point with him that I listen to each and every offer I get if I'm Walt.

If Cueto has to go DL for more than the backloaded 15 days there's no doubt you bring Tony back up.

Jon Garland is tossing garbage up there and we've done what we did on Sunday..what we do almost every Sunday...bring the lumber the first inning and then hibernate. These guys should be tagging him every inning. But I would wager anyone willing that we end this game with less than 6 runs.

So much to love about this team but simultaneously so much about which to be frustrated. And yeah, I went to that length to avoid ending a sentence with a preposition. Attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

21. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (06-05-2013),Vottomatic (06-05-2013)

Turn Off Ads?