Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

Well, at least Hannahan has looked pretty good at 2B.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Garland has as many hits tonight as the total from the first five in our lineup.
    Yeah, we need to trade for Garland and make him our left fielder.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Wow.

Just...wow.
    This is what I love about this board. IF they trade him, let's not have to face him. And yes, he is not ver dependable and I wonder what's causing it. I wasn't the first or the second to bring it up. But...I'm out.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

5. Likes:

Vottomatic (06-05-2013)

nice pick by the dude with all the h's and n's

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Yeah, we need to trade for Garland and make him our left fielder.
    We could platoon him with Mike Leake on days they aren't pitching. X-Man can play the other days.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Nice play by Hanahan...Brandon-esque!!!

9. Likes:

RedEye (06-05-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I think most would define a AAAA guy as someone who dominates AAA but isn't good enough to make it in the bigs. Villareal does not meet that definition as he doesn't dominate AAA by any stretch.
    If that's the definition you want to go with...fine. He's not a AAAA'er then. It's simply not worth arguing over IMO. I'd rather focus on this game...which is far from over. Even if some wanted to give it away earlier today (bench Votto & Choo to rest them together...LOL).

That play was made even harder by the umpire standing almost in the way.

12. Likes:

Raisor (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    You may be right. I don't follow the minors like some here. I'm somewhat informed on them, but I don't follow them daily.

I just think that it's a distinct possibility that the Reds called up Cingrani last time because he was simply put tearing up the minors. Once up here, it became apparent that he needed work on his secondary stuff to have sustained success in the bigs. They may not want to change that plan after just 1 or 2 starts down there.
    So, in other words, the Reds didn't give a darn about tonight's game. They were willing to fall 3.5 behind the Cards going into the weekend series. That was not important to them.

Rather, they were deeply concerned about how two extra days would affect Tony Cingrani. They prioritized the length of Tony's rest period. That was more important than their standing v. the Cards.

Seriously, how can this be true?

What happened is either one of two things. Either they gambled -- they took a chance that Cueto would be ready. Or, they ignored the problem -- they didn't worry about AAA availability soon enough.

Either way, the result was terrible. And letting Pedro V pitch to Cargo there was also terrible.

14. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (06-06-2013),OnBaseMachine (06-06-2013),Raisor (06-05-2013),Vottomatic (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    We could platoon him with Mike Leake on days they aren't pitching. X-Man can play the other days.
    .....yep......and then we can trade for Micah Owings and let him play some OF too!

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    .....yep......and then we can trade for Micah Owings and let him play some OF too!
    Amazing this hasn't happened yet. Our FO just doesn't think outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Amazing this hasn't happened yet.
    Yeah. What's Walt's problem.

I have to say I am now REALLY glad the Reds have Simon. I hated the acquisition at the time, but now he sometimes feels like the last man standing in the middle innings (if LeCure is a late innings guy now).

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    And letting Pedro V pitch to Cargo there was also terrible.
    Amen. They almost got away with their previous bad handling of this matter... if not for that decision.

20. Likes:

Vottomatic (06-05-2013)

Someone mentioned this another thread....but the handling of the 40 man by the Reds has been weird and wacky for the last 3 years.
    They are loathe to replace bad players like Valdez and Izturus during the season. It's like this is the team...that is it.
    The 1973 Reds had to bring up Andy Kosco and trade for Fred Norman to help win that division....that year. Even after going to the WS the year before.

They had same issues in the OF, instead it was RF and Tolan going Reggie Taylor on them with the bat. I know it is a random year....but it is one i always remember.

Turn Off Ads?