Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 421

Thread: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    195

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    if we lose the division by 1 game, itll be because of this throwaway game. this is ridiculous. this guy has no place in the majors. already know we will get to see parra and his .450 opp BA here soon. im goin to bed. up 4-3 and i know we lost this game already

  2. Likes:

    Vottomatic (06-05-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #122
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I seem to recall Villarreal was crushed in spring training.
    Be careful. Tom Servo might translate that into you calling him a "bum."

  5. #123
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    I was having daydreams of Villarreal pitching to a 4.50 ERA.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  6. #124
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by realistic View Post
    if we lose the division by 1 game, itll be because of this throwaway game. this is ridiculous. this guy has no place in the majors. already know we will get to see parra and his .450 opp BA here soon. im goin to bed. up 4-3 and i know we lost this game already
    You're going to bed? Wow. Do you have to be up at 3 a.m.?

  7. #125
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,605

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Yep, I called him a "bum."

    He's a guy with a 5+ ERA at Triple-A. That's a fact. It's not impressive. Neither is your poor attempt at sarcasm.
    I think it was a solid quip. Villareal is what he is, you effectively complaining that we don't have an emergency starter who can pitch like Cueto/Latos/Arroyo/Bailey/Leake is silly.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  8. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    195

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    13 hrs allowed in 1/3 season at louisville, did they call him up so he'd not set the record for hr allowed?

  9. Likes:

    Vottomatic (06-05-2013)

  10. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,872

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Villarreal pitching is a total miss management of the organization. Provided, Cueto alerted the team of his issue after his last start. It's just flat out unacceptable.
    Strong words, but I agree with this sentiment. As soon as Cueto reported discomfort Cingrani should have been bumped IMO.

    The Louisville game Monday was not that important.

  11. Likes:

    Vottomatic (06-05-2013)

  12. #128
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,415

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Villarreal pitching is a total miss management of the organization. Provided, Cueto alerted the team of his issue after his last start. It's just flat out unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistic View Post
    if we lose the division by 1 game, itll be because of this throwaway game. this is ridiculous. this guy has no place in the majors. already know we will get to see parra and his .450 opp BA here soon. im goin to bed. up 4-3 and i know we lost this game already

    This is what I mean. Is he the best choice...no. But come on, this is just way over the top. Giving up 2 HR's to those 2 hitters and allowing 3 runs against this offense is not "unacceptable". Neither is the Reds not wanting to make a decision on whether or not to DL Cueto until they were sure they needed to. Once they DID decide...their options were limited. No reason to disrupt Tony's start days unless you needed to.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 06-05-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  13. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    195

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    You're going to bed? Wow. Do you have to be up at 3 a.m.?
    yeah 4cst, gotta be in nashville by 5. maybe ill stay up and watch the rangers/red sox pitching duel..bizarro world

  14. #130
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I think it was a solid quip. Villareal is what he is, you effectively complaining that we don't have an emergency starter who can pitch like Cueto/Latos/Arroyo/Bailey/Leake is silly.
    Nice try once again at putting words in my mouth. You're now 0-for-2. I did not lament the fact we do not have someone of Cueto's level (or the rest of our excellent starting staff) to replace Cueto. I said it stinks that we have three good pitchers RIGHT NOW on our Triple-A roster who are good and it's unfortunate that it's Villareal's night to pitch, not one of theirs'. Talking about Cingrani, Galarraga and Reynolds. Just the luck of the draw, but it still stinks that we have a guy not ready for MLB (not even ready for Triple-A) as our starter tonight.

  15. #131
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,493

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by realistic View Post
    if we lose the division by 1 game, itll be because of this throwaway game. this is ridiculous. this guy has no place in the majors. already know we will get to see parra and his .450 opp BA here soon. im goin to bed. up 4-3 and i know we lost this game already
    For real guy!!! So the last 2 games that we blew don't matter. When you lose by 1 game, there are many that you COULD look back on and point to.

  16. #132
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,084

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Helton has had a rough life, Peyton Manning backup at Tennessee, then a really good MLB career. Not too shabby!!!
    Poor guy...maybe he will hit the lottery one day.


  17. Likes:

    dubc47834 (06-05-2013), Tom Servo (06-05-2013)

  18. #133
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,415

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Yep, I called him a "bum."

    He's a guy with a 5+ ERA at Triple-A. That's a fact. It's not impressive. Neither is your poor attempt at sarcasm.
    And your opinion on Daniel Corcino is?
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  19. #134
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,605

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Nice try once again at putting words in my mouth. You're now 0-for-2. I did not lament the fact we do not have someone of Cueto's level (or the rest of our excellent starting staff) to replace Cueto. I said it stinks that we have three good pitchers RIGHT NOW on our Triple-A roster who are good and it's unfortunate that it's Villareal's night to pitch, not one of theirs'.
    And the point that I would make is that any of those three pitchers, or any in our rotation, could give up homeruns to hitters like Gonzalez and Tulowitzki.


    Boy, you are awfully testy.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  20. #135
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wise, Va.
    Posts
    758

    Re: 6/5/2013 Reds v. Rockies (it just got Villareal in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    This is what I mean. Is he the best choice...no. But come on, this is just way over the top. Giving up 2 HR's to those 2 hitters and allowing 3 runs against this offense is not "unacceptable". Neither is the Reds not wanting to make a decision on whether or not to DL Cueto until they were sure they needed to. Once they DID decide...their options were limited. No reason to disrupt Tony's start days unless you needed to.
    You think not disrupting Cingrani's AAA schedule is more important than the Reds, I don't.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25