Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dayton Dragons 2017 Preview, Part 6: Outfielders

Dayton Dragons 2017 Preview, Part 6: Outfielders

T.J. Friedl would seem to be a guy capable of going out and having such an incredible spring that he convinces people to start him higher than they had planned. The minor league games start today. We will see.

Trammell, Siri, and Beltre...I think they are locks for Dayton. Piatnik will need to win a job. If Friedl manages to win a job at Daytona, it might push Daniel Sweet from a 4th outfielder in Daytona back to Dayton. Also, Narciso Crook is coming off an injury and his situation could change things a little.

Here is the outfield preview with Friedl's strange story. I still don't buy the idea that no one knew he was draft-eligible, but, like the Mary Jo Kopechne mystery, it lacks an explanation that makes any sense.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._t459&sid=t459
    Last edited by redsof72; 03-17-2017 at 10:12 AM.

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (03-21-2017),lollipopcurve (03-17-2017),mace (03-17-2017),membengal (03-21-2017),OnBaseMachine (03-17-2017),RED VAN HOT (03-17-2017),RedlegJake (03-21-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    thorn

Re: Dayton Dragons 2017 Preview, Part 6: Outfielders

Can't help but think Friedl will find Daytona a lot tougher than Billings, especially in that power department, might be in for a disappointing season at least compared to his Hype.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Can't help but think Friedl will find Daytona a lot tougher than Billings, especially in that power department, might be in for a disappointing season at least compared to his Hype.
    That's generally how it works for almost everyone coming from Billings to full season ball. The Pioneer League is incredibly hitter friendly, even if Billings plays in the only park that's remotely close to being non-hitter friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    If we pay attention to wRC+ and OPS+ and other park-adjusted stats, we might all be better informed fans.

7. Likes:

Raisor (03-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Here is the outfield preview with Friedl's strange story. I still don't buy the idea that no one knew he was draft-eligible, but, like the Mary Jo Kopechne mystery, it lacks an explanation that makes any sense.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._t459&sid=t459
    Theory: The Drunk Ghost of Ted Kennedy is Friedl's "advisor". Discuss.

Nice writeup. I hadn't followed Beltre or Siri that much and it was a good introduction to them for me. Gotta say I am struck by what we can forget sometimes over an off-season.
    Last edited by klw; 03-21-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Turn Off Ads?