Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

Reds:

Choo 8
    Cozart 6
    Votto 3
    Phillips 4
    Bruce 9
    Frazier 5
    Paul 7
    Mesoraco 2
    Leake 1

Cardinals:

Carpenter 4
    Beltran 9
    Holliday 7
    Craig 3
    Molina 2
    Freese 5
    Jay 8
    Kozma 6
    Wainwright 1
    Last edited by NebraskaRed; 06-07-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Re: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

Looking forward to this series. Wish I could have made it down. Still need to get to Cinci sometime soon.

Re: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

The way STL is playing dare we hope to win as many as 2 games? The GAB will be rockin' and the players into it big time, just for Dusty's sake, but STL seems like a runaway train right now.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    The way STL is playing dare we hope to win as many as 2 games? The GAB will be rockin' and the players into it big time, just for Dusty's sake, but STL seems like a runaway train right now.
    Dare we hope?!? Screw that! I wanna sweep!

Time to beat-down some Redbirds!
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 06-07-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Just realized that this poster was rooting for the Cards...I, however, am NOT. Go Reds!

5. Likes:

Beltway (06-07-2013),dubc47834 (06-07-2013),kbrake (06-07-2013),Red Raindog (06-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Dare we hope?!? Screw that! I wanna sweep!

Time to beat-down some Redbirds!
    Of course, we all WANT a sweep, I'm just trying to guard myself against a major letdown, coward that I am.

Of course, we all WANT a sweep, I'm just trying to guard myself against a major letdown, coward that I am.
    You and me both Maldez. I'm feeling fatalistic right now.

Was it good or bad that the first thing I saw when I walked outside this morning was a Cardinal on the deck railing?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    You and me both Maldez. I'm feeling fatalistic right now.

Was it good or bad that the first thing I saw when I walked outside this morning was a Cardinal on the deck railing?
    That depends....did you shoot it with a BB gun? And did it have neck tats?

(Very much kidding btw)

Runaway trains eventually fly off the track and crash.

Just sayin'....

10. Likes:

New York Red (06-07-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (06-07-2013)

Way too early in the season to be talking like that, Maldez. This is a huge test for the Birds. I'm glad we have Waino and Lynn starting two of the three. Lyons makes me a tad nervous in your park... and he doesn't start games well (but finishes very strong).

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Game 1: Reds vs. Cards: Leake vs. Wainwright

Career batting average vs. Leake
    Matt Carpenter - 1 for 2, single, .500
    Yadier Molina - 4 for 12, double, HR, .333
    Matt Holliday - 6 for 14, double, .429
    Allen Craig - 0-6,
    Carlos Beltran - 1-15, 1 HR, 4 K's, .067
    David Freese - 4-8, double, HR, .500
    D. Descalso - 1-3, .333
    Jon Jay 3-12, double, .250

Career batting average vs. Wainwright
    Choo - 1-3, .333
    Cozart - 1-11, .091
    Votto - 2-20, double, .100
    Phillips - 10-36, double, HR, .278
    Bruce - 6-21, 1 HR, .286, 8 K's
    Frazier - 2-8, double, HR, .250
    Paul - 0-5, 1 K
    Mesoraco - 0-2, 1 K

Ludwick is 3-10, .300 with a double and HR against his buddy.

On paper, looks like a sure fire loss.

But that's why they play the games.

Re: Game 1: Reds vs. Cards: Leake vs. Wainwright

Obviously, the worst case scenario is getting swept, as that would put the Reds 6 back. If the Reds can just keep from being swept, and only lose 1 game in the standings, then I'll be ok.

Chapman should be well rested, as well. Was Monday the last time he pitched?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Obviously, the worst case scenario is getting swept, as that would put the Reds 6 back. If the Reds can just keep from being swept, and only lose 1 game in the standings, then I'll be ok.

You'll be cool with it if the Reds lose the series? What?

Not me. Cincy needs to AT LEAST take 2/3, but a sweep is really what is needed.

Don't be scared of the WLB's, the Reds WILL win this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    You'll be cool with it if the Reds lose the series? What?

Not me. Cincy needs to AT LEAST take 2/3, but a sweep is really what is needed.

Don't be scared of the WLB's, the Reds WILL win this series.
    Of course I WANT the Reds to win the series. Shoot, I want them to sweep! But just trying to keep my sanity in check a bit.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post

Come on man, gotta shake that loser mentality. Gotta take 2 here at home.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Come on man, gotta shake that loser mentality. Gotta take 2 here at home.
    Like I said...I WANT them to sweep. Just trying to keep my sanity.

Turn Off Ads?