Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

Re: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    I think we have to admit at this point the cards are the best team in baseball. Fortunately the reds are the 2nd best.
    Yep you're right. After 3 and a half innings.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I can't think of a series since John Jay came up that he hasn't hurt the Reds.
    He has been a non factor for weeks now at the plate.

Votto grounds out to short

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    Kinda neat to see the team approach they have.
    As much as the announcers try to sell it, the Cardinals have not come up with this brilliant 'approach' to baseball (hit for contact with RISP) that has inexplicably eluded every single other team for the past 150+ years.

It won't last, and it's silly here particularly because Leake is a pitch to contact guy.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Yep you're right. After 3 and a half innings.
    It's called basing an opinion on watching the teams play all year. What I have seem so far just confirms it. Leake was pitching as well as anybody in baseball until tonight.

It's called basing an opinion on watching the teams play all year. What I have seem so far just confirms it. Leake was pitching as well as anybody in baseball until tonight.
    I think that Craig AB tired him a little.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I can't think of a series since John Jay came up that he hasn't hurt the Reds.
    He seems to come up golden against the Reds.

Phillips strikes out swinging

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Exactly.

If you have a crappy feeling about this game like I did/do (even before the 3 run 4th), Reds 1st round comp pick Michael Lorenzen is on ESPN2 now for CSF. 1-2 with a single starting in CF for the Titans.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Maybe but it sure didn't hurt him against Molina. What makes them dangerous is they have guys at the bottom of the order that can hurt you.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I can agree with this also. I hate to say it, but right now the Cards are playing better baseball...man did I just say that...uhhhhh!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    If you have a crappy feeling about this game like I did/do (even before the 3 run 4th), Reds 1st round comp pick Michael Lorenzen is on ESPN2 now for CSF. 1-2 with a single starting in CF for the Titans.
    This is the guy who was drafted as a pitcher, right?

Bruce strikes out looking. 3-0 Cards after 4

Votto. First pitch out.
    Phillips. 3 pitch out, 2 swinging.

Yay. Whoopie. More Cardinal gloating in store. Joy.

Turn Off Ads?