Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

Re: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

Thanks Sam for cleaning up in the 8th after we're down by 7 instead of 3

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Reason for prediction is their AVG is not sustainable with RISP ....how many line drives have been at fielders today? Also, either Beltran, Holliday or Molina spend over a month on the DL
    Their BA w/RISP will drop, but I think it'll be countered by better overall BA and SLG. Their ungodly high BA w/RISP mostly came from April where they didn't hit that well overall as a team. They've been hitting better since. I think they lead NL in overall BA now. It sucks, but we have to admit that they can flat out hit.

pretty sad, the Reds are 2nd to the PADRES at swinging at the 1st pitch in a AB in games.. No plate discipline.. same hitting coach too GRRRR.. and Dusty with his KNOWLEDGE of the game to always have to have a weak hitter bat 1st or 2nd to make the most outs of the game.. (Till Walt got Choo here for leadoff), since he has been the reds manager and nobody questions him on this in the front office or the beat writters

Reason for prediction is their AVG is not sustainable with RISP ....how many line drives have been at fielders today? Also, either Beltran, Holliday or Molina spend over a month on the DL
    I've been predicting a Cardinal regression for weeks now and they just keep on keeping on. I'm done predicting. I know there is a lot of season left, and historically, some degree of regression certainly SHOULD occur, but I'm done being one to predict it. It's just frustrating to see them keep hitting and winning and for every pitcher they lose, they just toss another body in there to replace 'em and they do as well, if not even better. FRUSTRATING.

Paul smacks one into center and is on with a double with one out.

My bold prediction as I talk to myself in this game thread. The Cardinals come crashing back to Earth ....finish the season only 7 games over .500 and 4 back of the Reds
    like to see that happen, but till the REDS team shows they can beat them, that isnt going to happen.. I am one fan tired of the Reds being the little step sister to the Cards!!! they will go out and get who they need at the deadline and Walt will have his usual "we tried but couldnt get anything done" speech

And with a pop foul, it's over. Final score, 9-2 Cards.

this team doesnt steal bases, they dont go 1st to 3rd like in 2010 and when they go to the plate, they dont use their smarts with men on base.. guy on 2nd, they pull the dang ball to the 3B/SS side.. they take way to many hittable in the zone pitches then swing at garbage in the dirt..

i want to see them hit the field with a attitude they are focused to win.. lately against good teams they dont do that.. and heck 3 times they have scored 4 runs in the 1st and quit the rest of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    I tell you Hon, I don't know how Baker keeps his job. Do you?
    Two playoff appearances in three years speak for themselves.

However, longer term managers with street cred keep their jobs longer than most. Gardenhire, Scoscia, and Mattingly come to mind.

I truly believe Walt J would not pick Dusty out of a manager pool if given the choice when he was hired on.

The game has evolved considerably since Dusty's day and IMO he still manages as if its the 70's. Players egos come before the statistics, and batting order/bullpen is a paint by numbers coloring book.

I'm not saying I know more than Dusty about the game or how handle the personalities of 25 grown men, but he continues to make the same mistakes time and time again. Make them a few times....fine....but refusing to think outside the old and tired rules doesn't improve the club...it hinders it

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    How many rallies have ended at the #2 spot in the order?
    AB of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    this team doesnt steal bases, they dont go 1st to 3rd like in 2010 and when they go to the plate, they dont use their smarts with men on base.. guy on 2nd, they pull the dang ball to the 3B/SS side.. they take way to many hittable in the zone pitches then swing at garbage in the dirt..
    Great point. Weren't we told by Thom and the Creeper this was a Rolen thing?

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    I tell you Hon, I don't know how Baker keeps his job. Do you?
    Probably by winning the division twice in three seasons, just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    AB of the game
    It truly was.... Scoring first keeps the big crowd in the game

It's not his fault...he's a free swinging SS who can really pick it. But he belongs in the 7th or 8th spot in the order and it'll take a slump of Taveras like proportion to get Dusty to think differently.

What's awful is Paul would be a great 2 hole hitter...

16. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (06-07-2013)

Verse righties

Choo
    Paul
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Mesigan
    Cozy
    Pitcher

Verse Lefties
    Choo