Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite franchise burger?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • In&Out Double Cheese Burger

14 17.72%
  • Steak and Shake Steak Burger

3 3.80%
  • Big Mac

1 1.27%
  • Wendy's Classic Single

5 6.33%
  • Whopper/Double Whopper

2 2.53%
  • White Castle Mini Burger

2 2.53%
  • JackNThe Box Grilled Sourdough Burger

3 3.80%
  • Rally Burger

2 2.53%
  • 5 Guys Cheese Burger

28 35.44%
  • Hardees Thick Burger

3 3.80%
  • Quarter Pounder W Cheese/Double Quarter Pounder

0 0%
  • Sonic double bacon cheese burger

1 1.27%
  • What-A Burger

4 5.06%
  • Red Robin Build-A Burger

9 11.39%
  • Fudruckers Bacon Double Stack Cheese Burger

2 2.53%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Best Burger

Re: Best Burger

I always judge food based on the standard option. So, for burgers, I order a standard burger to compare with others that I have had in the past. All of those toppings can cover a lousy burger. I do the same with pizza. You can really only gauge a pizza joints quality by comparing their cheese pizzas.

So, the best I've had recently was at a place called Flip Side, which was (gasp...) at a mall in Columbus. I got teased for getting a plain burger when they have the now typically insane burger choices but it was excellent. It was everything you could want from a burger.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-24-2013),Sea Ray (08-24-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I agree, Improbus. I have the same way of judging 'Italian' Restaurants. Two dishes tell the tale for me: Veal Piccata and Carpacio. If those don't measure up, that restaurant will never see me again.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You're right rem. I was wary of them when I first saw them in the frozen food section, but my son wanted to try them. But frozen cannot beat fresh.

My son bought another box of them last night at Kroger.

But I don't understand how he can like those when he has had the burgers at Don's Downtown Diner, whom I mentioned earlier in this thread. It's the difference between night and day. Geez!
    Maybe you just have to resign yourself to the fact that different people have different tastes. OTOH, I go round and round with my B-I-L about things like steak and fish. He likes his steak well-done, I, rare. Fish, he refuses to eat things like fresh Tuna and shellfish, but insists on eating pearch and catfish. Frankly, I've given up on trying to introduce him to new foods and have decided that he's hopeless.:

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Maybe you just have to resign yourself to the fact that different people have different tastes. OTOH, I go round and round with my B-I-L about things like steak and fish. He likes his steak well-done, I, rare. Fish, he refuses to eat things like fresh Tuna and shellfish, but insists on eating pearch and catfish. Frankly, I've given up on trying to introduce him to new foods and have decided that he's hopeless.:

Rem
    My wife and I have the same culinary disagreements. When I cook steak mine is still mooing and hers is burnt to a crisp. Different strokes for different folks.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    My wife and I have the same culinary disagreements. When I cook steak mine is still mooing and hers is burnt to a crisp. Different strokes for different folks.
    I think you got it right though.

There are chefs that will kick you out of their restaurant if you try to order a steak from them well done. No joke. You lose almost everything good about it cooked that way.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Miami-based Burger King is reviving its "Big King" sandwich, which pays homage to rival McDonald's Big Mac.

What has two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions on a sesame bun? Burger King's latest sandwich.

The Miami-based chain says it's bringing back its "Big King" sandwich, which looks a lot like the popular Big Mac made by its bigger rival McDonald's. Burger King says it's an addition to the permanent menu rolling out this week.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/business/burg...cat-8C11534277
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Wrong thread?

I attended a wedding in Mesa, AZ. Caught a very brief session of AFL infield. I had to swing into an In-N-Out for the first time. I had an Animal style Double-Double. It was good but not life altering. I prefer 5 Guys.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Anyone care that you'll soon not be able to get Heinz ketchup at McDonalds ? Seems that the former CEO of Burger King was brought in to run Heinz and that doesn't sit well with McDonalds

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1497368

When I was a kid I loved Heinz and hated Hunts. Now that I'm old, my tastebuds are such that I doubt I could even tell the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Anyone care that you'll soon not be able to get Heinz ketchup at McDonalds ? Seems that the former CEO of Burger King was brought in to run Heinz and that doesn't sit well with McDonalds

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1497368

When I was a kid I loved Heinz and hated Hunts. Now that I'm old, my tastebuds are such that I doubt I could even tell the difference
    I hate Ketchup/catsup all of it. Then again I dont like condiments on any of my food. Its like using A1 sauce on steak. You dont taste the steak you only taste the A1

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Wrong thread?
    considering the original premis for this thread, I'd say this is exactly the right thread for this.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    I hate Ketchup/catsup all of it. Then again I dont like condiments on any of my food. Its like using A1 sauce on steak. You dont taste the steak you only taste the A1
    I agree with you on steak but hamburger isn't exactly a sacred food that's beyond covering up. Of course the main reason I do ketchup at McD's is for the fries. Do you do condiments for fries?

I agree with you on steak but hamburger isn't exactly a sacred food that's beyond covering up. Of course the main reason I do ketchup at McD's is for the fries. Do you do condiments for fries?
    I like lettuce, onions,pickle, tomato and cheese with MAYBE some mayo on my burgers.. I rarely eat fries. maybe a bbq sauce if it comes with the meal. But never ketchup and the only time I use Mustard is if its goldens spicy brown mustard. It goes perfect with the potato pancakes at Izzys.

Didn't ask me, but I'd vote Mustard. I wish they'd give out the packets of spicy mustard for free. I'm too cheap to pay for them, and find chicken nuggets too "groose" to get them that way. You can get regular mustard packets at Mcdonald's, but the spicy mustard is much better.

A1 on fries also works well, as does a number of other things (BBQ sauce, ranch, parlimont sauce, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Didn't ask me, but I'd vote Mustard. I wish they'd give out the packets of spicy mustard for free. I'm too cheap to pay for them, and find chicken nuggets too "groose" to get them that way. You can get regular mustard packets at Mcdonald's, but the spicy mustard is much better.

A1 on fries also works well, as does a number of other things (BBQ sauce, ranch, parlimont sauce, etc...)
    Whenever I'm in Panera, I grab some packets of Gulden's mustard... Love it on Micky D's egg & cheese biscuits!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?