Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite franchise burger?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • In&Out Double Cheese Burger

14 17.72%
  • Steak and Shake Steak Burger

3 3.80%
  • Big Mac

1 1.27%
  • Wendy's Classic Single

5 6.33%
  • Whopper/Double Whopper

2 2.53%
  • White Castle Mini Burger

2 2.53%
  • JackNThe Box Grilled Sourdough Burger

3 3.80%
  • Rally Burger

2 2.53%
  • 5 Guys Cheese Burger

28 35.44%
  • Hardees Thick Burger

3 3.80%
  • Quarter Pounder W Cheese/Double Quarter Pounder

0 0%
  • Sonic double bacon cheese burger

1 1.27%
  • What-A Burger

4 5.06%
  • Red Robin Build-A Burger

9 11.39%
  • Fudruckers Bacon Double Stack Cheese Burger

2 2.53%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Burger

Retired

Re: Best Burger

Terry's makes a great burger. If you're picky about atmosphere, you'll love it or hate it. Basically like eating in the middle of a circus.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

I can honestly report that I've eaten burgers from every single option in this poll, and I can also honestly report that I like them all. From the budget slider at White Castle to the high-rent burger at Five Guys, there isn't one on the list that I wouldn't eat.

My vote went to Whataburger. Not only do I think they deliver the best-tasting burger, but they offer a variety of fixings at a fair price. It's too bad their franchises are scattered about the South. I'd choose it over In n Out every time, and I like In n Out. (Just not as much as the cult following ... they're good, but not THAT good.)

Going off the list: I agree with Doug. Gotta love a Frisch's Big Boy. I also love that Zips burger and I've yet to try the one at Terry's.

For a hole in the wall option, go to the Tiltin' Hilton at Indian Lake. Biggest burger you might ever eat -- and the hamburger basket with fries is only $4.25. Add in an ice cold beer on the lakefront setting in a tiny little hamburger shack with a floor that is truly tilted and you're in burger bliss.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I've heard about this place before and am a little ashamed that I've never tried it. Think I'll try to fix that Tuesday.
    I just know they're good.

I'll add one more thing to Roy's law of goodness....

Like pizza, beer, and sex, even when burgers aren't very good, they're still pretty good.

Best burger I ever had was at the beach grille at the Hotel Del Coronado in SD.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-24-2013),redsfandan (06-12-2013)

Of the list:

Never been to In n' Out
    Steak & Shake is good, but not great.
    I've only had a Big Mac once; can't say I can judge it as it was a long time ago
    Wendy's classic single is great, probably my favorite of the "cheap" variety.
    Not sure if I've ever had a whopper, can't judge
    White Castle is great, at 3:00 am stone cold drunk, I'll leave it at that.
    Never been to jack in the box
    Never been to rally's
    5 guys is overrated IMHO. Its OK, better than fast food but not what its made out to be. They actually downsized the one by my house after about a year, which speaks to its quality in my opinion (how many restaurants downsize?)
    Hardee's I've had once, though I doubt I had the thickburger, so can't judge.
    Quarter pounder, my go to item at Mcdonald's is ok. its reliable, consistant, but from from great and really shouldn't be on any list of "best burger"
    What a burger I've only had for breakfast (or was that taco cabana?) once, can't judge
    Red Robin, and Fudruckers I like very much. and would probably sit at the top of this list for me.

Of those not mentioned in this thread, I think my favorite is Smash Burger, particularly the Buckeye burger. I'm not sure how much that chain has spread out.
    I've only had EO burgers once (based in ann arbor) but it was pretty good.

Of those mentioned, I rarely get a big boy at frisches, which nothing against that burger, just a lot of things on their menu I'd prefer.
    Zips is awesome.
    Terry's Turf Club is awesomer.

I've had burgers from the stand in Miamisburg, been about 20 years, and several ownership groups since then. Can't say anything for the quality of what they do now, but love the concept.

I think Red Robins Royal Robin burger is the best. I loved that egg on the burger.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'm probably the only person in the universe that doesn't like In n' Out. I've had it many times, but I've never cared for it. To each their own I guess.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I'm probably the only person in the universe that doesn't like In n' Out. I've had it many times, but I've never cared for it. To each their own I guess.
    Forget the burger, how about just the In n' Out?

For those of us midwesterners who do not have access to the legendary "In N Out" hamburger, how would you describe it or what other hamburger would you compare it to?

My vote is for 5 Guys.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Swensons up in Akron and Kewpee in Lima both have some great burgers.

I've never had the In-n-Out burger. 5 guys is good. Steak and Shake is barely edible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Swensons up in Akron and Kewpee in Lima both have some great burgers.
    I'll second Swensons, always try and get one of those when up in Akron for christmas, unfortunately timing doesn't allow for it each trip.

15. Likes:

Yachtzee (06-12-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    All 3 are great. Have you been to Terry's Turf Club yet? I'm surprised it didn't make your mini-list as it's one of the best burgers in the country, let alone Cincinnati.
    I appreciate what Terry's is trying to do, but I've found their burgers to be too messy. I've eaten there several times, and I always end up with a soggy, disintegrating hamburger bun before I'm even halfway through my meal and half of my burger on the plate.

It's a tasty burger, no doubt -- but if I'm going for a burger, I prefer one of the other places I've listed.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Need separate lists for fast food places and restaurants. Of the ones listed, I would go:

1) Red Robin
    2) 5 Guys

Two of my other favorites in Lexington are Hugh Jass Burgers (where Tally Ho used to be) and Backyard Burgers on Waller Ave.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Another place I'm wanting to try next time I travel if I end up near one is Shake Shack. I'm sure one you east coast RZers has been there?

Turn Off Ads?